[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last night I thought Yorkshire would get 275-300 in their 2nd innings, so what's happened today is pretty much par for the course. I really don't think we're capable of chasing down more than 250, so unless we have a good next hour things look bleak.

Our chances of staying up probably depend upon how much of a sh1t Stuart Broad gives about finishing 2nd or 3rd.

The best we can hope for I think is a slow run rate, and Yorkshire wanting to ensure they don't lose their last game batting into tomorrow morning to get a 350 lead if they can. We'll then have 2.5 sessions or so to save our bacon.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Another Notts wicket falls 185/9. Looks like Hants will be chasing just over 200 to win :nono:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Notts 185-9

At least we won't go into tomorrow under any false impression that Notts might do us a favour. It's going to be all down to our batsmen to dig us out of this hole.

Can I make 1 prediction - Matt Machan will score a run a ball 25 before getting out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At least we won't go into tomorrow under any false impression that Notts might do us a favour. It's going to be all down to our batsmen to dig us out of this hole.

Can I make 1 prediction - Matt Machan will score a run a ball 25 before getting out.

Nash 20. (26 minutes, 21 balls, 4 fours, 0 sixes).

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can't believe Wells isn't playing. Who else can block out the first 3 overs before getting out?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Yorkshire 6 down. What a belting end to the season. I am just relieved that Somerset are safe. Come on Sussex beat the yorkies. Maybe magoffin can bowl a magic new ball spell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports