[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Sussex at Leeds, Sep 22-25, 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Hatch strikes...!!!

Crucial. Come on!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We'll never get another before lunch - oh no ;)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Wicket straight after lunch... 106-3 (31.2 overs)

Magoffin bowls Gale.... 1st bowling point in the bag :clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yorks 106-3

Notts 105-3

Is tight but were still loose.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So last week's gamble by Hampshire to forfeit an innings and force a result is looking like a shocking decision now. Had they taken the additional 5 points for a certain draw, we'd have needed to WIN this one to be sure of staying up - at table-topping Yorkshire, with all their England players back.

I don't see it like that. They had to go for the win because had they pulled it off then we'd now be favourites to go down, and a draw in their final match might have been enough to keep them up.

Had they drawn vs Yorkshire they'd still be 11 points behind us now, so almost certainly needing another win in their final match regardless of our results.

The bottom line is they had to win at least one of their final two matches and you cannot rely on the weather in late September to actually give you a chance of a result, so I think they were right to take the chance when it presented itself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually Pav, I reconsidered after posting and I think I agree with you. Pleasing, therefore, that they lost. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports