Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Warwickshire v Sussex at Birmingham

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
601/6d

Seems too low

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's BRILLIANT, I don't think I've ever seen that happen. He must have come charging down the wicket and completely failed to reach it.

It may not be random rubbishness. The bowler may have meant it. I've tried it - fired it deliberately wide down the leg side, when a guy was charging - with a pre-arranged signal to the keeper that it was coming.

He 'forgot what the signal was for' and it went for four byes :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
That's BRILLIANT, I don't think I've ever seen that happen. He must have come charging down the wicket and completely failed to reach it.
How can you forget Mushy/Prior in the win over Lancashire at Lords?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It may not be random rubbishness. The bowler may have meant it. I've tried it - fired it deliberately wide down the leg side, when a guy was charging - with a pre-arranged signal to the keeper that it was coming.

He 'forgot what the signal was for' and it went for four byes :thumbsup:

You know those 2 wides I bowled on Saturday... :wink:

SPIN for Victory

".............Westwood and Jonathan Trott survived to within three overs of stumps before Westwood was trapped in front by a ball which turned sharply."

This is Luke Wells that's being reported here for turning the ball sharply and Sussex are actually playing FOUR spinners! It's like waking up in some sort of alternative universe.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
".............Westwood and Jonathan Trott survived to within three overs of stumps before Westwood was trapped in front by a ball which turned sharply."

This is Luke Wells that's being reported here for turning the ball sharply and Sussex are actually playing FOUR spinners! It's like waking up in some sort of alternative universe.

Trott loves playing against Sussex, lets hope he is not planning to bat for 2 days, score 400 breaking all records, then come on as a part time spinner and skittle us out.

For once I want some cricket normality to resume and we get 17 wickets on a deteriorating pitch, that Goff scuffs up nicely this morning while taking 5 of them.

Crazy as a Sussex fan how I can still be nervous :mad:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Is anyone else having issues getting the live commentary today?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
127 / 3 these 2 are making it look easy - and one of them is a night watchman!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Trott loves playing against Sussex, lets hope he is not planning to bat for 2 days, score 400 breaking all records, then come on as a part time spinner and skittle us out.

For once I want some cricket normality to resume and we get 17 wickets on a deteriorating pitch, that Goff scuffs up nicely this morning while taking 5 of them.

Crazy as a Sussex fan how I can still be nervous :mad:

You're right....bloody Trott always seems to fill his boots against us and the match situation today is perfect for him, no pressure to score runs quickly, a benign pitch and a chance for him to appear to be far better than he actually is.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The pitch was deliberately prepared to be slow as they thought we had no spinners and could not bat.

Pity we missed the fourth batting bonus point by one ball! Still might get a few bowling points and four for the inevitable draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here