Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Warwickshire v Sussex at Birmingham

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
*Pedant alert* Surely there were still THREE balls left.

That is absolutely TEXTBOOK club cricket though, especially for a Sunday match.

Wide scores two runs and the ball is not rebowled for youngster's cricket. Perhaps Chinman is 10 years old?

:thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Back to the real thing, Sussex are 484/5, with Brown and Zaidi both past 50 :clap2:

Some interesting stuff elsewhere:

Bairstow (211*) and Bresnan (158*) 7th wicket stand against Durham, 335 and counting!

and I see Joe Gatting top scored (by a distance) for Hampshire. Which was a surprise, as I was sure they released him at the end of last season?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not a Sussex match but it's worth noting that Jonny Bairstow and Tim Bresnan have just broken the county champiionship record for the 7th wicket - held by Sussex's Ranji and Newham

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Fair point, and quite right.

BTW, looking at your scorecard, have you considered that the two WIDES you sent down, were the difference between a WIN and a tie..? :nono:

:jester:

Those were my first two deliveries actually. The first one was fairly hideous but the second was a very HARSH call by THEIR umpire, when it passed the bat it was very hittable and swung away into the keeper's gloves.

I think the inept fielding from a couple of the younger members of the team played quite a big part in it. They don't appear to be taught to get their body behind the ball these days.

Sussex amazingly have got to 526. Does this mean Warwicks will get 925 (IJL Trott 450 not out)?
We have an obligation to the great Ranji to recapture IMMEDIATELY the County Championship record stand for the seventh wicket.

Anything less than that will mark this innings down as a complete FAILURE.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Zaidi 93 no. When was the last time 4 Sussex batters got tons in the same innings? Guessing Barclay era....?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Zaidi can score 3 more runs, our top 7 will have scored more centuries in this one game than they've managed all season.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
If Zaidi can score 3 more runs, our top 7 will have scored more centuries in this one game than they've managed all season.

My word he's done it. Well played sir! ��

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Zaidi 93 no. When was the last time 4 Sussex batters got tons in the same innings? Guessing Barclay era....?

I think it was more recently than that. I reckon it was about four years ago - I think Ben Brown got his maiden ton

EDIT: it was five years ago against Derbyshire. Nasher, Murray, Yootha and Ben B all scored centuries

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Thanks. Got a bit over excited about how rare this might be. Ho hum.

Bat through to lunch tomorrow in the hope of securing the 5 bonus points for a draw? Robinson and Goff to make it 6 centurions?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I think it was more recently than that. I reckon it was about four years ago - I think Ben Brown got his maiden ton

vs. Derbyshire at Horsham 18th to 20th August 2010:

Ed Joyce 164
Chris Nash 156
Ben Brown 112
Murray Goodwin 100 not out .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Zaidi gets stumped off a wide :lolol: Only Sussex

That's BRILLIANT, I don't think I've ever seen that happen. He must have come charging down the wicket and completely failed to reach it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here