Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV= County Championship Division One, Sussex v Northamptonshire at Hove, Jul 6-9, 2014

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
:lolol:

Sounds like the umpire we had last week, there was a guy on 99 who MIDDLED IT* to our wicket keeper, even the guys watching on the boundary heard it, yet the umpire somehow didn't. The guy was a complete c*** too, not walking and playing in their second XI despite being by far the best batsman in their club and refusing to play in their first XI.

*may be an exaggeration

This guy was batting down the order, so he had to umpire the first spell. I had the opener so LUDICRUOUSLY plumb lbw, with the third ball of the innings, that I was FUMING when he didn't give it. So much so, that the next ball was the first one I've REALLY dug in in about 10 years, and it hit the chap on the chest. And he fell over, which was quite DRAMATIC. Of course, the opener went on the score about 50, of their 70/5, in response to our patheic 128, before I finally got him.

At that point the original umpire came out to bat, GLOVED his first ball to the keeper, stood his ground, then KNOCKED off the rest of the runs required!

The prick.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Northants really are PANTS aren't they?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Coetzer gone... caught behind off a steeply rising ball from Magoffin... 98-6

Legsidelizzy muttering about a pitch inspector... but Luke Wright didn't seem to have too many problems.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's hard to see Sussex escaping with anything from this one, such is Northants commanding position now. They STILL have four wickets and only need 250 runs or so to take this game well out of Sussex's reach.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Pitch inspectors on site could they deduct points seeing as Sussex made 405 ?

Getting annoyed with the BBC commentary that seems to be implying there's a problem with the pitch. If the pitch is that bad how did Sussex spend a day and a half knocking up 405.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hobden may have got the eighth wicket but it was at the expense of ELEVEN runs in the over, simply not good enough.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The 9th wicket falls in the over before lunch... 180-9, so play will continue for half an hour...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here