Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lukaku - Retrospective Action

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It’s big club bias. We lose out in these events more often than they will. To a disgrace really but seen too much now

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Discussed on Radio Five Monday Night Football Club..Ian Wright not understanding what the three wise monkeys (my name for them) haven’t seen as it’s as clear as Day what the player has done

Yes, just heard that too.... " How can you look at the VT and NOT see an offence ? "

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Just seen the video, can't believe their decision, was Lukakakaki dancing? Bong should have gone down, but then, we chose not to play like that. its now twice that he has got away with this. Its all good have a VR, but make a decision ffs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, just heard that too.... " How can you look at the VT and NOT see an offence ? "

I think it rates up there as one of the worst - or most corrupt if you think that way - decisions any football panel (qualified refs) has ever made. I’m still dumbfounded by it.

Fine in the dojo but............

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
To be fair, I read that the three were not unanimous in their decision (not sure where I saw that, one of the online papers I think). Which means it was a 2-1 split, but don't know which way. To be even fairer, the test they have to apply was 'would they have given a red card / was it a red card offence'. Even yesterday, a few posters, and another ref said it was a free kick and a booking. That is - not even all of NSC think it was a red card offence.

I agree about the consistency though - comparing Hemed and Lukaku's actions, it's pretty bad that different decisions have been reached.

More annoying is that the goal wouldn't have happened if it had been spotted at the time.

Yes, but the vast majority of NSC have absolutely no clue about the laws of the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Discussed on Radio Five Monday Night Football Club..Ian Wright not understanding what the three wise monkeys (my name for them) haven’t seen as it’s as clear as Day what the player has done
Wright got it spot on - could have done with being a bit more vociferous about it though, IMHO. Nothing like the song and dance the BBC and Sky unleashed to get Hemed banned.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wright got it spot on - could have done with being a bit more vociferous about it though, IMHO. Nothing like the song and dance the BBC and Sky unleashed to get Hemed banned.

The guy heading the show kinda squashed it a bit closing the subject down joking that they might get a phone call from JM

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No charges, absolute joke after what they did to Hemed, which I still think was a accident.
Lukaku's couldn't have looked more deliberate, twice.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think it rates up there as one of the worst - or most corrupt if you think that way - decisions any football panel (qualified refs) has ever made. I’m still dumbfounded by it.

Fine in the dojo but............
Along with not overturning the Middlesbrough red card for Dale

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Question for those more in the know, do the panel act independently of each other then reveal their decision or do they, like magistrates or the Robot Wars judges, discuss it and come to a conclusion ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Question for those more in the know, do the panel act independently of each other then reveal their decision or do they, like magistrates or the Robot Wars judges, discuss it and come to a conclusion ?

The panel (three retired Prem referees) each watch the footage independently, and send in their decision. Only if all three deem it proven, is the player found guilty.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The panel (three retired Prem referees) each watch the footage independently, and send in their decision. Only if all three deem it proven, is the player found guilty.

So you would only need to "bung" one of them to get away with it.

Not, of course, that I'm suggesting that an organisation awash with money in an industry well known for "brown envelope" scenarios would be anything other than entirely scrupulous in pursuit of further untold riches. Heaven forfend anyone should even consider such a thing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So you would only need to "bung" one of them to get away with it.

Not, of course, that I'm suggesting that an organisation awash with money in an industry well known for "brown envelope" scenarios would be anything other than entirely scrupulous in pursuit of further untold riches. Heaven forfend anyone should even consider such a thing.

Yes. Whilst we are all saying 'the panel are morons / corrupt', the likelihood is that two of them HAVE reached the blindingly obvious guilty verdict.

The most angry person about all this is probably Lukaku, who presumably had planned a two week Christmas shopping holiday in New York, and will now have to cancel.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Yes. Whilst we are all saying 'the panel are morons / corrupt', the likelihood is that two of them HAVE reached the blindingly obvious guilty verdict.

The most angry person about all this is probably Lukaku, who presumably had planned a two week Christmas shopping holiday in New York, and will now have to cancel.

LOL. Can only assume that one of them has decided that while he did kick out, it was in the usual goal mouth scrum yellow card booking kind of way (rather than in anger) and therefore not a red card offence. Not that I agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here