Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
I was speaking to a friend earlier and he said that we don't even need lua lua and he wouldn't be bothered if he doesn't end up signing for us. What do you think do we need him or are we better off without him?

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
personally i would like to see him here again but i think they have mucked us about for too long and i'm sure there is more better players out there

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally I think he's a class above anything we currently have in his position and a class above anybody we would be able to sign.

He'd only get better and better in a year of regular first team football. A key signing in my opinion that could be the difference in our season..

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Newcastle have pussy footed around for too long now, Gus' patience is probably being tested. I would not be suprised if he did not signed, although disappointed, I think If Newcastle wanted him to come here again, it would have been sorted by now. Only time will tell I guess.

Im sure (hope) Gus has a pacy winger in mind as a suitable replacement...

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
Boring! I think we should buy a player who can play on both wings.... AND hold out for Lua Lua in 2 weeks time

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'd be disappointed if he signed for a League 1 team that wasn't us - his pace is different to anything else in this league, and a real asset. There were games last season that he completely turned - Leeds away is the one that sticks out. In the second half, we sent everything wide to him, which left the Leeds defence shitting themselves, and gave Dicker the room to have a storming game, with us looking much more threatening. Yeah ok, we can question his crossing, but he's much better than anything we've got on the left wing, and a million miles better than Cox.

Problem is though, his twitter makes him sound like a dickhead that's loving the attention. And newcastle seem to be determined to f*** us over. So frankly, i'd not be too unhappy if we told them where to go and went out and got someone else, as we've been "close to signing Lua Lua" since the last game of last season, and it's getting silly now.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
I'd be disappointed if he signed for a League 1 team that wasn't us - his pace is different to anything else in this league, and a real asset. There were games last season that he completely turned - Leeds away is the one that sticks out. In the second half, we sent everything wide to him, which left the Leeds defence shitting themselves, and gave Dicker the room to have a storming game, with us looking much more threatening. Yeah ok, we can question his crossing, but he's much better than anything we've got on the left wing, and a million miles better than Cox.

Problem is though, his twitter makes him sound like a dickhead that's loving the attention. And newcastle seem to be determined to f*** us over. So frankly, i'd not be too unhappy if we told them where to go and went out and got someone else, as we've been "close to signing Lua Lua" since the last game of last season, and it's getting silly now.

This

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand

Couldn't have put it better myself.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Again, the issue is that we knew about it way too early in the timeline. Same as Poyet, if we didn't know Poyet had been offered a contract it would have saved about 2,000 threads on here. If we didn't know we'd contacted Newcastle, it would have saved us another 1,000 threads.

Season long loans take time and I would rather not have Lua Lua for game one and/or two if it means we then have him for the next 45/46 games.

Personal opinion like.

He is, however, the most exciting player I have seen in a Brighton shirt for years (although I rate Bennett as our best player)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Spot on :thumbsup:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
He'd be wasted here playing on the left wing anyway. He's quite clearly a right winger and he's quite clearly better than Bennett.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Two things will happen here we will after being f**k about by NU buy him as they too will be sick of us whinging on about it
or
we will sign an other

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't know if we could get anybody else in that would be better.

Baz looks quite exciting and I'd like to see Gus use him until LuaLua is finally here.

I'm not too concerned about the left wing, I think we will have enough there already. I'd much rather we signed another striker as it seems that Holroyd is in line for a starting place on Saturday which does scare me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here