Loyalty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Hello Sami
:bigwave:

Nope - How likely do you think it is that he joined NSC in 2007 ready to post stuff like this in the event he ever became our manager

I don't work for, i have never worked for and probably never will work for the club.

I just don't buy into a lot of the bullsh~t being spouted on here and how a lot of made up comments originating from fans are being interpreted as from genuine club communications and are leading to fans getting worked up into an almost frenzy over some things that were probably originally a throw away comment by a fan. I am able to seperate the BS on here from what is asctually happening at the club.

Ok, we are having a poor season and the manager should probably go but we have had one bad transfer window since we arrived at the Amex and i can't believe how much of a meltdown NSC has gone into and how far some of the comments have gone (the most ridiculous being those looking to oust Bloom) - I don't agree with them and post things as i see it even if it isn't inkeeping with the popular NSC view.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Nope - How likely do you think it is that he joined NSC in 2007 ready to post stuff like this in the event he ever became our manager

I don't work for, i have never worked for and probably never will work for the club.

I just don't buy into a lot of the bullsh~t being spouted on here and how a lot of made up comments originating from fans are being interpreted as from genuine club communications and are leading to fans getting worked up into an almost frenzy over some things that were probably originally a throw away comment by a fan. I am able to seperate the BS on here from what is asctually happening at the club.

Ok, we are having a poor season and the manager should probably go but we have had one bad transfer window since we arrived at the Amex and i can't believe how much of a meltdown NSC has gone into and how far some of the comments have gone (the most ridiculous being those looking to oust Bloom) - I don't agree with them and post things as i see it even if it isn't inkeeping with the popular NSC view.

Disagree entirely. Last summer we needed to add a striker, firepower to help Ulloa, we didn't sign anyone ,then wasted money on plebs like Obika and Lita. A very poor window. In January we sold Bridcutt, Barnes and El-Abd and only brought in Stephens, another shocking window. This summer we had a huge squad overhaul which has been a total disaster, 3 consecutive windows where the squad has rapidly declined in quality which is a key reason why we find ourselves staring down the barrel of League One. Hyypia takes a lot of responsibility but it's not all on his shoulders.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am backing Sami Hyypia to become one of our best-ever managers.

Tony Bloom has done the honourable thing in backing his manager.

We are not Reading, or any other tinpot outfit that dumps its manager at the two-thousand, four-hundred and seventy sixth sign of adversity.

Corrected.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Hyypia was a punt. Whether the powers that be were blinded by his playing career I don't know, but there was nothing in his track record to suggest he was up to the job of building a team, which is what we needed.

He is simply a very poor manager and is not worth investing any more time or resource in.

It would be great if Hyypia were able to build a dynasty here. But realistically it ain't gonna happen.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I admire your optimism but do you have a single shred of evidence to back this up because I've not seen one since day one.
Love to be proved wrong but really?

Like every other Albion fan, I can see that Hyypia is struggling. However, Tony Bloom is doing the honourable thing in giving the manager a chance to do the job that he was hired to do. Bloom knows that Hyypia has been hampered by the inadequate recruitment process of recent months.

This coming from a “wetter”, as I have criticised the chairman for leaving the team totally unprepared for the new season, but I am pleased that we have an owner with a sense of honour.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Where is your have evidence to support all this, or are you just
this is the 3rd manager in 3 years ( fact ) the club are and rightly so doing everything to stay in line with ffp. ( fact ) the other bits are based on my opinion. ( yes ) but this opinion is based o everything that has come out of the club.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I guess the OPs point is that there are examples of other clubs that have stuck behind an under fire manager and it has come good. Big Sam at West Ham, Pardew at Newcastle, etc.... and after a period of struggle, they have started to go well again at their respective clubs and long term they could have been seen to benefit from sticking by them, so can Sami be the next one to work out in this fashion?

The difference is the above two & the likes of Clarke they have decades of experience of winning & losing runs & how to react & change to different situations.
SH has had two long, losing runs in his career & failed to get out of either (thus far) the previous time he had more than learner NJ by his side also

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Its a shame the club back one man but not their thousands of supporters.

Well I think it's a shame the thousands of supporters don't do just that. Supporting sadly seems to have taken a whole different perspective nowdays. I can remember when we were really S***, but my and thousands of others support never wavered once.
Besides for Chrissake TB has put up 200 mill. I think that gives him the right to call the shots. How would you feel if it was you who'd put the money up.....just let Tom, Dick n Harry decide ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well I think it's a shame the thousands of supporters don't do just that. Supporting sadly seems to have taken a whole different perspective nowdays. I can remember when we were really S***, but my and thousands of others support never wavered once.
Besides for Chrissake TB has put up 200 mill. I think that gives him the right to call the shots. How would you feel if it was you who'd put the money up.....just let Tom, Dick n Harry decide ?

He's just making the wrong decision, even if he is entitled to do so...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Loyalty to the club, not a clueless ****er like Sami...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports