Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loyalty points update

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Points added, no I didn't scan as I threw my back out the day before and so couldn't go.

Best phone the club and fess up and beg them to take the points back.

Ps GROW UP everyone that thinks paying for your seat for the noddy cup and not attending doesn't mean you're worthy of the points. What's next retrospective and pro-rated removal of points for not using your season ticket?

Good post

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ps GROW UP everyone that thinks paying for your seat for the noddy cup and not attending doesn't mean you're worthy of the points. What's next retrospective and pro-rated removal of points for not using your season ticket?

I agree with your assertion, but I guess the reason people are curious about attendance being required to get the points is because the T&Cs specifically state that you do. It would easy enough to police for home games - entirely a different question whether the club actually would.

Your experience would suggest they cba.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Points added, no I didn't scan as I threw my back out the day before and so couldn't go.

Best phone the club and fess up and beg them to take the points back.

Surely if the club want people to be able to harvest loyalty points by buying cup tickets and not turning up they would just sell bundles of points directly. Then they wouldn't need to supply stewards and it's 100 % profit.

£1 per point ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Apart from a few borderline 150 - 200ers, the main game vital for points has gone for this season (B'muff). I should imagine most with any decent amount will easily get tickets when wished for.
Should the worst happen this season, it'll be back to the old fashioned way of Rotherham away on a Tuesday night to build up your totals.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I agree with your assertion, but I guess the reason people are curious about attendance being required to get the points is because the T&Cs specifically state that you do. It would easy enough to police for home games - entirely a different question whether the club actually would.

Your experience would suggest they cba.

Do they? Where?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Why do we get only 5 points for Bournemouth? I would have thought attending a late kickoff on a Friday night for televised match demonstrates a higher degree of 'loyalty' than any of Leicester, Watford and certainly Barnet attendances

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Why do we get only 5 points for Bournemouth? I would have thought attending a late kickoff on a Friday night for televised match demonstrates a higher degree of 'loyalty' than any of Leicester, Watford and certainly Barnet attendances

At a guess, distance.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

Last two words of the second sentence in the "How are Season ticket holder's points awarded?" section are "...and attend".

It's far from clear though as in the section above the one you have referred to it states that loyalty points are awarded for making advance ticket purchases i.e. there's no mention of attending and no explicit statement that failure to attend will result in no points being awarded. If anyone had to argue the point they would have decent grounds to do so.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Leicester - 163.6 miles

Barnet - ? miles - shite cup

Watford - 83.3 miles - shite away end

Bournemouth - 97.1 miles :shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Because it was incredibly in-demand and the quickest to sell out.

Personally I am very skeptical of any loyalty system that rewards some matches over others. People have work commitments etc that cause them to miss certain games (i.e. I can never make midweek aways unless they are in London), and certain things come up, i.e. weddings etc. You obviously need to recognise people who are going to games, but once you start saying "going to that game makes you more loyal than going to that came", I think you are starting to split hairs.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

Personally I am very skeptical of any loyalty system that rewards some matches over others. People have work commitments etc that cause them to miss certain games (i.e. I can never make midweek aways unless they are in London), and certain things come up, i.e. weddings etc. You obviously need to recognise people who are going to games, but once you start saying "going to that game makes you more loyal than going to that came", I think you are starting to split hairs.

Yes, I agree, it doesn't make you more loyal but the club clearly makes a distinction between games - so my comment was based on that: if the club is going to distinguish "degrees of loyalty", I don't get why Bournemouth scores less than Watford - televised, crap late night journey home after the match or extra cost of staying over etc.

Also if it was to do with demand and speed of selling out, they should have waited until the tickets were sold before deciding on the points.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yes and I'm sure everybody's 'work commitments' will all coincidentally surface around the time of Stoke, Hudds and Burnley away if the same amount of points were on offer.

The allocation of points so far has been spot on, let's not find something else to complain about. Go to whatever games you can and it will all even out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cup games have to be bought separately from season tickets, so, therefore, get more loyalty points. Last season, it was 20 for a home cup match, and 10 for away.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yes and I'm sure everybody's 'work commitments' will all coincidentally surface around the time of Stoke, Hudds and Burnley away if the same amount of points were on offer.

The allocation of points so far has been spot on, let's not find something else to complain about. Go to whatever games you can and it will all even out.

Hardly finding something to complain about. Just saying I am "skeptical" of it, and I guess my attitude to following Brighton away has never really been about the opposition. It's not going to affect me anyway.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes, I agree, it doesn't make you more loyal but the club clearly makes a distinction between games - so my comment was based on that: if the club is going to distinguish "degrees of loyalty", I don't get why Bournemouth scores less than Watford - televised, crap late night journey home after the match or extra cost of staying over etc.

Also if it was to do with demand and speed of selling out, they should have waited until the tickets were sold before deciding on the points.

Bournemouth offer 1300 bloody tickets. I don't care if it was played at 4AM on a Wednesday morning, how did you not think this would offer minimum points?

Before you even consider anything else, it makes sense on the basis that they don't want fans on the highest points to create a larger gap.

Demand will be high this season, but all 3k allocations will mean the majority who want to go will be able to, so offering the same points for Stoke as Arsenal is counter-intuitive.

The only reason I can see for anyone to complain about this system is for those with the mindset that the system is in place counteract. If you go to a selection of games it will average out. If you go to a selection of games and find minimal loyalty gain then chances are you were choosing those games for the wrong reasons.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's far from clear though as in the section above the one you have referred to it states that loyalty points are awarded for making advance ticket purchases i.e. there's no mention of attending and no explicit statement that failure to attend will result in no points being awarded. If anyone had to argue the point they would have decent grounds to do so.

Agreed. In one part they say that you get points for buying a ticket in advance; then, in the section I cite, they say you have to attend. Two statements, each individually unambiguous, but contradictory! There are other such inconsistencies in the document concerning other points. Legally, the whole thing is ropey, at best.

Their get of jail free card is that they can change the terms unilaterally whenever they like, as with ST (&1901) terms. It means that they don't have to think too hard about the legalese - and they haven't.

As you infer, if they ever do try to not apply LPs to someone who has legitimately bought a ticket but not attended, and that person gets enough of a hump, it'll be interesting...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to be absolutely fuming if I missed out on 15 points by not buying a £10 ticket for a game I knew I couldn't get to.

Can someone please confirm I should be very angry about this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here