Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lower league Pompey

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
"The club is now seeking a validation order from the court in order to have its bank accounts unfrozen so that staff wages and suppliers can be paid. "
But how can they pay them..............THEY HAVEN'T GOT ANY MONEY

Manuel

Feb 4, 2011
In the lounge
I am sick of hearing about this scummy club with its succession of dodgy owners ripping off their fans and local suppliers and getting away with it time after time after time.
I used to feel sorry for the Pompey fans (the proper ones) but no more because all they do is celebrate another "new start" each time they get the latest new takeover, without waking up to the fact that there is nobody who supports the club who has the money or the interest in taking over and sorting it out properly.
No Tony Bloom or Jack Walker, just that f***ing idiot Mr Pompey and Fred Dineage. So f*** em

Agree with this ,I think it's now £35 million in taxes that they've not paid over the last few years.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
"The club is now seeking a validation order from the court in order to have its bank accounts unfrozen so that staff wages and suppliers can be paid. "
But how can they pay them..............THEY HAVEN'T GOT ANY MONEY

They would still have some money floating about because they haven't paid HMRC for the last 2 months :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Agree with this ,I think it's now £35 million in taxes that they've not paid over the last few years.

Meanwhile, those (unts at HMRC hounded the daylights out of me for 5 grand.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I do feel a certain amount for them and I know it is hard over last time when they DID cheat the system but to be fair the fans raised money and paid the Cancer charity it owed money too, and the FA accepted their new guy in the fit and proper test and the club as far as I'm aware and been told has been operating by the book so far until the chairman was arrested, Since then it has been unable to pay the tax (800k for November and 800k for December) which is why it is now in trouble.

I think if it was our club people may see things differently, I feel anger should be directed towards the FA for not having a decent persons test that works and the administrator not PFC.

As for those who will inevitably say things such as why did the fans not question things when they signed expensive players in the summer I'm not sure that is fair Chelsea spent £50 on Torres alone in the summer whilst servicing a huge debt, In football you put a certain amount of trust in the owners.

All the parachute payments went straight into clearing the debt originally including any future ones so they didn't have that to pay these last two months.

I feel they do deserve a certain amount of understanding, Especially from us who know what it is like to have men at the top who don't always have a clubs best intentions at heart and have a tendency to lie to fans.

But hey that's just how I feel.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Whilst I feel sorry for the fans, why haven't the fans tried to organise something by themselves beforehand? I think it's a bit lazy to expect others to come to your support if you've not made the effort to try to save the club yourself.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
are they doing ANYTHING about it though? this has been going on for ages

i'll answer your question with another question- where would we be if our fans didn't fight to save the club?

no-one at the club, from the owners to the fans, seems to CARE that much....either that or they're just burying their heads in the sand[/QUOTE

To say that fans of any club don't care whether their club survives or not is utter nonsense. I believe the PFC supporters trust group has had a 'Plan B' to start from the bottom again for some time now, should the worst come to the worst.

Oct 25, 2003
are they doing ANYTHING about it though? this has been going on for ages

i'll answer your question with another question- where would we be if our fans didn't fight to save the club?

no-one at the club, from the owners to the fans, seems to CARE that much....either that or they're just burying their heads in the sand[/QUOTE

To say that fans of any club don't care whether their club survives or not is utter nonsense. I believe the PFC supporters trust group has had a 'Plan B' to start from the bottom again for some time now, should the worst come to the worst.

it looks that way from the outside......this has been going on for ages.....compare what they've done to try and save their club, raise awareness etc. to what our fans did back in the 90's, or even throughout the whole falmer campaign

the seemingly incredible levels of ambivalence from their fans outstands me

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
PompeyLor Posted on 01/02/2012 08:47
Refused to leave?
Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

Yeh, I'm pleased that they are still here but all this "legend" stuff is a bit OTT I think. At least we can go down fighting on Feb 20 if it happens!

Now if I was a journalist I'd now be on the phone, rather than on twitter like they all are nowadays, and ask DL outright who is going to pay the bill on Feb 20 because it would be nice to know.

Sad thing is that you look at the Championship table and see the krap that is WHU leading it and you think it would only take a couple of million to send us right into that pack. We've got a good nucleus and it's really only a decent striker that's held us back.

pompeyloyal Posted on 01/02/2012 10:46
Refused to leave? Edited On: 01/02/2012 11:48
Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

4 players short of really pushing up the table

at least 2 of them could have come in on loan mattock & thorne........add a natural pacy wide left player & a goalscorer

bobs yer uncle

maybe next season eh!

From one of their message boards, that fact that they actually can think this at a time like now is crazy.

They realy don't get it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No news that a validation order has been issued although it was expected to have been announced yesterday, means that presumably their bank accounts are still frozen.To obtain a validation order they have to demonstrate that creditors would be better off as a result of their continuing to have access to their bank accounts. Might this argument have failed given that they candidly admit (see below) that until they can attract a buyer they will not be able to pay creditors.

On line and telephone sales of tickets suspended for next Tuesday's game at Birmingham. How will they pay Birmingham (themselves not exactly financially secure with their owner in jail and their holding company unable to file accounts) for the 300 tickets they have sold? Will the FL bail them out under the special rules whereby football creditors receive priority?

Players not paid this month

HMRC owed £1.6m for two quarters unpaid taxes - another quarter looming at the end of March which the club tacitly admits it will be unable to pay unless the club can be sold

Creditors due payments at the end of March under the terms of their last CVA - again the club tacitlly admits they will be unable to make payments.

One player sold in the transfer window - two players refused to move and the manager is quoted as refusing bids for players because he would be unable to replace them as the money would be absorbed by the need to pay creditors

Now, to cap it all, their game today is frozen off. Admittedly they have income from advance sales but unlike us they sell most of their tickets on the day plus of course programme and food sales. They had issued an appeal to fans to come and support them today to generate much needed cash but that opportunity has gone.

Winding-up hearing is due on 20th Feb - not far away now. It is looking increasingly like the only way to avoid going into liquidation is to go back into administration and today's match being cancelled might have brought that a step closer. No clear signs of a buyer and they really cannot afford to go into the hearing on 20th without either a new owner who has invested the minimum £12m neede to pay immediate debts and running costs, or the protection of administration, as they will be at very real risk of going out of existence.

Interesting few days ahead. How close to the hearing will the poker players at Pompey dare to go before accepting administration and if it does come to that, will it be 10 points deduction or will the League get real and accept that this is a club in serial denial of its liabilities and dock them 15 points by taking the first administration (while they were a Premiership club) into account?

10 points would put them in the heart of a relegation dogfight with demotion a "perm three from four" possibility .
15 points would set them adrift at the bottom with relegation a probability.

Last edited:

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Surely they should be looking at 30pts going into admin so soon after last time

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How will they pay Birmingham (themselves not exactly financially secure with their owner in jail and their holding company unable to file accounts) for the 300 tickets they have sold? Will the FL bail them out under the special rules whereby football creditors receive priority?

Won't the fa/football league pay it out of TV money that would have otherwise gone to pompey?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Won't the fa/football league pay it out of TV money that would have otherwise gone to pompey?

possibly but Pompey could go into liquidation owing a lot of clubs ticket sales money for away games. Suspending on-line and telephone sales for one match possibly indicates a much bigger issue as you can bet, given the total mess they are in, that they are as far in arrears with paying clubs for tickets as everything else. The parachute payments they would have had from the Premier League are already tied-up from the last administration to pay football debts so I'm not sure there is any more money due to them that cn be held back and used.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you think it would only take a couple of million to send us right into that pack. We've got a good nucleus and it's really only a decent striker that's held us back.

4 players short of really pushing up the table

maybe next season eh!

fact that they actually can think this at a time like now is crazy.

They realy don't get it.
It would be appear they don't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely they should be looking at 30pts going into admin so soon after last time

Or the FL could call an EGM to vote on expulsion but I dont think administration will happen this time around and the creditors will get nothing (HMRC will see £35M disappear) when Pompey go into liquidation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here