[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
If he goes to one if the 'big six' he'll get a lot more protection than he had playing for us.
But we're in the top six ? MacAllister has stated he was leaning towards Liverpool for CL football, so presumably money will talk at the end of the day ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe TB has promised RDZ a sizeable chunk of the transfer fees to build his own squad it’s not his squad as yet. His own stamp on the squad could be fecking amazing for next season.

Definitely.

We have a seriously good coach, to retain him, I think he’s been promised that. TB or PB revealed that the planning/actions started many weeks back.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But we're in the top six ? MacAllister has stated he was leaning towards Liverpool for CL football, so presumably money will talk at the end of the day ?
money and ambition. Being a key signing in a midfield refresh for recent PL and CL winners is something any footballer would take it offered

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So this is the first time in our history we have been this successful and had a world cup winner and find that the absolute Galactico clubs (a tiny number) will pay silly money for him. And he is clearly upset.

And he isn't even our best player.

Well, I'm regretful that we are not as 'big' as Barcelona or Manchester City. But I'm not losing sleep over it.

It isn't as if we are Peterborough losing CMS.
Or Bournemouth losing Ted MacDougal.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think a lot of people seem to think that the production line of talent will go on forever. It won't, and when our luck runs out we will be back to being a lower PL club or even worse. I don't get how some people are pretty accepting of this policy of selling our best players.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Five English clubs like make the CL this time next year after a UEFA rejig.

A year ago Arsenal, Newcastle and Manure weren’t in the CL to come, yet they all signed a phalanx of highly regarded players last summer. Things change quickly. Only Abu Dhabi have a CL place lined up for the next century.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think a lot of people seem to think that the production line of talent will go on forever. It won't, and when our luck runs out we will be back to being a lower PL club or even worse. I don't get how some people are pretty accepting of this policy of selling our best players.
And what happens when we stop letting players get big moves, we become less attractive to these younger superstars - and also they just end up leaving for free anyway - which MacAllister would have next season, if we hadn’t come to an agreement in October to preserve his value to us, but let’s him go in the summer

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I don't think the club are as complacent as some on here about that. We're signing Dahoud and I'm certain, absolutely certain, we will make a statement signing in DM.
Also absolutely guarantee we will sign at least three first team ready players to add depth to the squad.
Wouldn't be surprised if we sign 8 players including Dahoud and possibly Milner.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
And what happens when we stop letting players get big moves, we become less attractive to these younger superstars - and also they just end up leaving for free anyway - which MacAllister would have next season, if we hadn’t come to an agreement in October to preserve his value to us, but let’s him go in the summer
That, "we'll let you go if a good offer comes in" is something that every club in the world says to a new player, bar about 6 of the very top ones.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well what the actual f*** are you going to do about it?

Shall we all go on a march?

Bloom OUT!!! ?? ???

:facepalm:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If, IF they are both off, then thanks for all the memories lads and you'll get a great welcome whenever you play here. But Ali, hold out for City because you deserve to have a valid go at trying to win the Champions League and Moises, make sure it's a team that will keep developing you at the rate you are currently developing in order to get to that top level :thumbsup:

I hope you are both more White, Burn and Trossard who've managed to maintain the level the achieved here rather than 'the others'. We do seem to have a habit of getting the best out of players, and the best price when they do move on :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That, "we'll let you go if a good offer comes in" is something that every club in the world says to a new player, bar about 6 of the very top ones.
Yes, well that's sensible. I'm not sure where you're at....to be frank.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s not luck we keep signing these players TB isn’t lucky he’s a very astute in what he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports