Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Losing Macalister & Caicedo

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Alexis looking tearful at the end which is a bit odd isn’t it ?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Mac Allister was one of our best players today, that pivot to beat the press and perfectly weighted through ball for Ferguson was a thing of beauty. He had a good game.
That through ball was brilliant but he really wasn’t one of our best players today. Poor throughout and unfortunately responsible for both of their goals.

I love him but that was not a good game for him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That through ball was brilliant but he really wasn’t one of our best players today. Poor throughout and unfortunately responsible for both of their goals.

I love him but that was not a good game for him.
Absolutely no protection from the ref which was annoying, especially when Cash cleaned him out but the ref decided he didn’t want Villa down to 10 men.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

It’s seems clear they are both going. I think we can cope with the loss of Alexis given what we have in the squad and some recruitment (I.e. a right back so that Gross can stay in midfield) but losing Caicedo is daunting. Serious recruitment needed to replace him.

We need to be really smart in the transfer market, the squad has been stretched to breaking point in the last two months and we are about to lose two of our very best players . A busy and crucial summer awaits.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Both off then
If the price is right. Perhaps.

And if the manager is that sanguine there will be players* incoming.

I'm not bothered. It's what happens at our level*.

*Better players :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love RDZ but do wish he'd lay off the 'deserve better, to play at a higher level' etc. I appreciate we're not Real Madrid, but it doesn't really need reiterating that 'We are Brighton, no?'

Ali and Caicedo will soon no longer be 'My pleyer' sadly.
Yes me too. It’s annoying even if sort of true. He said last week Europa qualification gives them something to think about. Looks like both off then - I really didn’t think Caicedo would go after the new contract and be here another year 😞

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nobody is going to turn down 3 times more money for the same job at a historical big club. Sad but true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here