Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
None of what I have written is gleaned from the press , it's all .from personal experience of living in these areas , and if you think a "migrant" doing a minimum wage job covers his costs in health care, translators, education and housing you're deluded.

Maybe you should read a bit more then, and from a wide range of sources. You're criticising me for having a deluded view with no personal experience, yet basing your entire argument on what affects you and you alone so I'll do the same.

My personal experience is that all the foreigners I work with and have worked with are decent people. All the ones I live around are no better or worse on the whole than 'good' old-fashioned white English people. All the ones I interact with (doctors, nurses, builders, plumbers) also seem absolutely fine.

So, as personal experience counts for everything, quite happy with immigration. Sorry you live in a shit area. You'd be best to get on to the Government about it, as they're the ones that have let you down.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair enough. Is that a problem? I'd love to have kids who can speak Spanish, improve their job prospects and open up opportunities for work all over the world.

No, I was just pointing out that there was a school in Hove where English wasn't the first language. I believe Calde's partner used to teach there. It was a bit facetious considering the discussion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None of what I have written is gleaned from the press , it's all .from personal experience of living in these areas , and if you think a "migrant" doing a minimum wage job covers his costs in health care, translators, education and housing you're deluded.

I have seen a lot of medical staff recently who themselves are immigrants. My consultant is Icelandic, the nurse who brought my Mum through a very bad chest infection in the RSCH is Spanish, I have an Asian doctor in my GP's practise.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have seen a lot of medical staff recently who themselves are immigrants. My consultant is Icelandic, the nurse who brought my Mum through a very bad chest infection in the RSCH is Spanish, I have an Asian doctor in my GP's practise.

Ah yet again you blow me out of the water with your "evidence" I shall now disregard all the Romanian car washers and African traffic wardens who are no doubt heavily outnumbered by highly skilled immigrants.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah yet again you blow me out of the water with your "evidence" I shall now disregard all the Romanian car washers and African traffic wardens who are no doubt heavily outnumbered by highly skilled immigrants.

The NHS would fall apart without them. I know it's already creaking at the edges.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
the failure of successive political parties who prefer vote-winning tax cuts to running the country properly.

And the people who believe you can have low tax and good public services.

And until we snap out of this counter-intuitive belief, it'll be one group after another demonised because the sums don't add up. It's immigrants now, when that isn't the golden bullet, it'll be treating fat people on the NHS, the unemployed, then the poor etc...

I saw this the other day and thought, "this'll be how we access public services in the UK in 20 years time." https://www.facebook.com/humansofthefuture/videos/730711227086559

Anyway, we digress, this is supposed to be about security.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One of my best friends is Romanian and works as a nurse in Brighton so up yours

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Absolutely. I have it from the highest authority (my wife!) who works there, that the hospital would fall apart completely without the immigrants. And these aren't people under-cutting our own workers and doing people out of jobs. The RSCH is in a shit state... absolutely on and beyond the limit.. but not because of immigrants. Largely because it's overwhelmed with people who shouldn't be in hospital, like the mentally ill and the elderly, who have no place else to be looked after any more plus the chronically stupid who pitch up with a sore finger and wonder why they have to wait 8 hours in A&E.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Angela Merkel can "mean well" as much as you like , she will still have blood on her hands with her ridiculous decision to open the floodgates.

AS the first reports came in last night, the German spokesman was more concerned with stating that this could spark reaction from the right than addressing the issue of what had just happened. I felt that just as at New Year in Koln, the government propaganda had swung into action. Merkel clearly has responsibility allowing 1m immigrants unchecked to flood into Germany and hence Europe. No government would ever consent to this in the UK.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake
She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to have been revived -
She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite -
"I saved you," cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in"

a post on Deutsche Weller 'comments' on the atrocity.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
One of my best friends is Romanian and works as a nurse in Brighton so up yours

Oh good for you , take a bit.more notice of your dad going forward mate , he seems to have the right idea.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Absolutely. I have it from the highest authority (my wife!) who works there, that the hospital would fall apart completely without the immigrants. And these aren't people under-cutting our own workers and doing people out of jobs. The RSCH is in a shit state... absolutely on and beyond the limit.. but not because of immigrants. Largely because it's overwhelmed with people who shouldn't be in hospital, like the mentally ill and the elderly, who have no place else to be looked after any more plus the chronically stupid who pitch up with a sore finger and wonder why they have to wait 8 hours in A&E.

Generally I find your posts unnecessarily blunt, bordering on very rude.

However, your post I have quoted is absolutely spot on. My daughter works in A & E in Worthing and your note re " the chronically stupid who pitch up with a sore finger" is particularly accurate.

Well done. I look forward to more passionate posts from you, with perhaps just a bit less aggression.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

This post I agree with, but do you not agree we should be training our own medical staff ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh good for you , take a bit.more notice of your dad going forward mate , he seems to have the right idea.
Different generations have different views sometimes, which is why I don't blame you when you spout bollocks on here sometimes [emoji106]

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How many "refugees" do you think will end up in Hove ? I'll tell you , a tiny amount or none at all , when it's YOUR local health authority or doctors surgery buckling under the strain, when its YOUR kids in a class with 60%of kids speaking English as a second language , when it's YOU who can't get social housing whilst "asylum seekers " do then I'll listen to you , meanwhile I'll continue to view you as someone who sits round a dinner table congratulating themselves on being compassionate and inclusive whilst never having their convictions tested.

How many refugees would it take to end up in Hove for the NHS, social housing to buckle or 60% of children speaking English as a second language?

Considering those things are currently happening I guess not many? But yes you are right refugees don't get blamed for that, at least as much, in Hove.

As others have said linking "asylum seekers" to the issues you raise is far from as simple as you seem to belive.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
On her way to work one morning
Down the path along side the lake
A tender hearted woman saw a poor half frozen snake
His pretty colored skin had been all frosted with the dew
"Poor thing," she cried, "I'll take you in and I'll take care of you"
"Take me in tender woman
Take me in, for heaven's sake
Take me in, tender woman," sighed the snake
She wrapped him up all cozy in a comforter of silk
And laid him by her fireside with some honey and some milk
She hurried home from work that night and soon as she arrived
She found that pretty snake she'd taken to had been revived -
She clutched him to her bosom, "You're so beautiful," she cried
"But if I hadn't brought you in by now you might have died"
She stroked his pretty skin again and kissed and held him tight
Instead of saying thanks, the snake gave her a vicious bite -
"I saved you," cried the woman
"And you've bitten me, but why?
You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
"Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in"

a post on Deutsche Weller 'comments' on the atrocity.

Classic Al Wilson, Northern Soul top tune. On the money about Frau Merkel, but like Legarde you European Polticians appear to be beyond reproach. We just don't accept this in the UK, how bad do European politicians have to be before their electorate take action.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Maybe you should read a bit more then, and from a wide range of sources. You're criticising me for having a deluded view with no personal experience, yet basing your entire argument on what affects you and you alone so I'll do the same.

My personal experience is that all the foreigners I work with and have worked with are decent people. All the ones I live around are no better or worse on the whole than 'good' old-fashioned white English people. All the ones I interact with (doctors, nurses, builders, plumbers) also seem absolutely fine.
So, as personal experience counts for everything, quite happy with immigration. Sorry you live in a shit area. You'd be best to get on to the Government about it, as they're the ones that have let you down.

But, as we both know, your experience of immigration is not typical is it? The folks from the hospital may well all be wonderful and good to their mums - I don't doubt it. But what of areas in the country where the whole landscape has changed and where schools and hospitals are struggling. I was in a school recently where they said that the immigrant children who speak no English will each cost them £3000.00. There were only 2 children involved - and so the cost could be relatively "easily" absorbed but what of schools where we might be talking 50%. I doubt very much if you would be so happy with immigration if you were in another area than Sussex. As A M said - it is so nice around the dinner table with all those lovely people feeling good about themselves, darling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here