Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't know what the long term solution to global terrorism is but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to let hundreds of thousands of Muslims into western countries at the height of terrorist activities and after extremist Muslims have loudly declared war on Western civilisation. I know there's many a grey area with refugees but when in doubt, keep them out. Surely this latest attack proves that?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It was confirmed that the perpetrator was a Pakistani refugee. How the hell was this guy let in? Those being persecuted in Pakistan are Ahmadi Muslims and Christians - he was neither and therefore is an economic migrant. Uncontrolled, open door migration is causing issues due to pressure on infrastructure and in such cases as this, security problems. Migration has been a positive for this country in the past but with the sheer numbers making integration virtually impossible, all that is happening is that tension is being created and lives being lost. If we want to get back to being a welcoming, open and tolerant society then an ethical, points based system needs to be put in to place to make migration a positive once again

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It was confirmed that the perpetrator was a Pakistani refugee. How the hell was this guy let in? Those being persecuted in Pakistan are Ahmadi Muslims and Christians - he was neither and therefore is an economic migrant. Uncontrolled, open door migration is causing issues due to pressure on infrastructure and in such cases as this, security problems. Migration has been a positive for this country in the past but with the sheer numbers making integration virtually impossible, all that is happening is that tension is being created and lives being lost. If we want to get back to being a welcoming, open and tolerant society then an ethical, points based system needs to be put in to place to make migration a positive once again

attachment-1.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't know what the long term solution to global terrorism is but it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to let hundreds of thousands of Muslims into western countries at the height of terrorist activities and after extremist Muslims have loudly declared war on Western civilisation. I know there's many a grey area with refugees but when in doubt, keep them out. Surely this latest attack proves that?

If the Middle East was at peace I am sure that most of them would go back there. I would certainly say that people should live in the country which suits their political view, so any hint of Shariah they should be given a one way ticket.

Peace in the Middle East has to be the starting point to take the pressure off.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If the Middle East was at peace I am sure that most of them would go back there. I would certainly say that people should live in the country which suits their political view, so any hint of Shariah they should be given a one way ticket.

Agree to a point except for the minority who's only desire is to infiltrate the west and bring about our downfall and have snuck in on the back of unfortunate legitimate refugees.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

He has been let go, insufficient evidence.
Sometimes it's best not to say anything until the actual facts emerge.
Probably more than 1, and still on the run, people of Berlin told to stay indoors tonight.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Many of "them" have never been to the middle east. And I'm SURE that they wouldn't go back there, if the alternative is bringing their entire family here under the human rights act.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
German prosecutors say the man who was arrested after the truck attack has been released because of insufficient evidence.

The man, named as Naved B, a 23-year-old asylum seeker from Pakistan, was arrested after he was seen leaving the scene of the attack. However, police expressed doubts about whether the man they had arrested was indeed the person person responsible for the attack.

Michael Behrendt, a reporter with Die Welt, who first reported police doubts that they had the perpetrator, said one main reason the police were fairly certain early on they had not got the right man was the fact that he had no blood traces on him when he was apprehended immediately after the attack, whereas the lorry cab was full of blood.

How/why did they arrest him in the first place? Apart from him perhaps looking like he's from the Arab world what was he doing that raised suspicions in the first place I wonder?

Terrible for the young man if indeed he is innocent, and also this has given the real perpetrator a massive head start to get away.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
" Insufficient evidence ".

A strange reason to let someone free considering the seriousness of the crime ?

I could understand if the police said they have let him go because of mistaken identity.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The idea that better off nations should turn their backs on hundreds of thousands of refugees because there might be a tiny percentage of nutters among them seems to me to go against all human decency. People that advocate that approach seem to be the first to say we're 'civilised' societies. Surely one measure of a civilised nation is demonstrating that compassion for others who, by sheer accident of birth, are not so fortunate. It could be us one day.

There are many, many, many people who arrived here as refugees or economic migrants (or whose immediate relatives did) who have made and continue to make a huge contribution to our society. What makes me more sick than a random nutter mercilessly killing people are cynical, hypocritical c**** like Farage who leap on that to further their own cause and reputation before the facts are even established.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When Germany's finest DO finally catch the perpetrator, Merkel will probably direct that he should just be charged with a tachograph infringement.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Except it seems the arrested man has now been released. I am not known for being too liberal on this board but a couple of people are a little too quick to condemn. I am confident this was an Islamic extremists attack, I am less confident as to whether a so called economic migrant is too blame, yet, and I am very uneasy with images of people who undoubtedly mean well being shown with blood on their hands. All seems a little too opportunistic.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Except it seems the arrested man has now been released. I am not known for being too liberal on this board but a couple of people are a little too quick to condemn. I am confident this was an Islamic extremists attack, I am less confident as to whether a so called economic migrant is too blame, yet, and I am very uneasy with images of people who undoubtedly mean well being shown with blood on their hands. All seems a little too opportunistic.

Angela Merkel can "mean well" as much as you like , she will still have blood on her hands with her ridiculous decision to open the floodgates.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The idea that better off nations should turn their backs on hundreds of thousands of refugees because there might be a tiny percentage of nutters among them seems to me to go against all human decency. People that advocate that approach seem to be the first to say we're 'civilised' societies. Surely one measure of a civilised nation is demonstrating that compassion for others who, by sheer accident of birth, are not so fortunate. It could be us one day.

There are many, many, many people who arrived here as refugees or economic migrants (or whose immediate relatives did) who have made and continue to make a huge contribution to our society. What makes me more sick than a random nutter mercilessly killing people are cynical, hypocritical c**** like Farage who leap on that to further their own cause and reputation before the facts are even established.

Which nation has said they would turn their backs, who hasnt said it would resource safe areas at the nearest viable point close to their homes, why should it follow that we then need to accept such large numbers, moreso from the most privileged and least at risk once they get to safe country and then irrespective of their political and cultural beliefs.

What exactly is your tipping point in terms of accepting 100 000's of unknown peoples and the consequence of inevitable atrocities against undetermined peoples, how can you on the one hand try and show some compassion for those displaced migrants/refugees whilst casually inflicting certain death on some of your fellow nationals that otherwise would not happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports