Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Farage is right there. Merkel opened the door to a MILLION refugees, pretty much completely unchecked.

Pure irresponsible goonery and a feeble attempt to create a legacy.

Spot on Simster, a poster with enough balls to admit someone may be right who he disagrees with most of the time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mr MI-5 should be waking up every morning expecting Islamic atrocities, the fact that they do means the rest of us don't.

Sorry but that's utter rubbish.I'll repeat - the threat is severe meaning an attack is extremely likely, has been for some time and the consequences of just one attack slipping through the net will undoubtedly fall upon us, the general public. We've seen in Nice, Munich, Woolwich, Toulouse, Normandy and countless other places the devastation a single self-radicalised terrorist can wreak and how impossible it is to prevent every single attack. We've been very fortunate up to now but our luck has to run out at some point.

If you genuinely think that the security services have all actual and potential risks covered and so you don't expect an attack then ask yourself, why do they still have a severe threat warning?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A feeble attempt to create a legacy or a feeble attempt to destroy the previous legacy?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Farage is right there. Merkel opened the door to a MILLION refugees, pretty much completely unchecked.

Tuesday 26 July 2016 in the independent:

Angela Merkel's open-door policy towards immigrants fleeing Middle East war zones will, in the long run, make Germany safer from terrorist attacks.
By showing compassion to hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees, the German Chancellor has sent a message to the world that Germany is not at war with Islam.

Not going to plan really is it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry but that's utter rubbish.I'll repeat - the threat is severe meaning an attack is extremely likely, has been for some time and the consequences of just one attack slipping through the net will undoubtedly fall upon us, the general public. We've seen in Nice, Munich, Woolwich, Toulouse, Normandy and countless other places the devastation a single self-radicalised terrorist can wreak and how impossible it is to prevent every single attack. We've been very fortunate up to now but our luck has to run out at some point.

If you genuinely think that the security services have all actual and potential risks covered and so you don't expect an attack then ask yourself, why do they still have a severe threat warning?

No I don't think that, and wish I hadn't scrubbed out the 'we only have to be right once' line I'd written.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tuesday 26 July 2016 in the independent:

Angela Merkel's open-door policy towards immigrants fleeing Middle East war zones will, in the long run, make Germany safer from terrorist attacks.
By showing compassion to hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees, the German Chancellor has sent a message to the world that Germany is not at war with Islam.

Not going to plan really is it.

Maybe the key is in the phrase "long run"

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

They are not self radicalised... they go to Mosque meetings, common I terested groups, watch you tube.... they are radicalised by the Jihadist system.. it's just the mechanism that varies.. face to face or over the net, it amounts to the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In my eyes there both right, only Nigel will get the slating for stating the obvious so close the incident.

The reply to Farage is spot on, It doesn't matter how many refugees you take it's the terrorists and extremists that inspire, plan and carry out the act, not Merkel.

He'd have had a point if he'd put it like that but he didn't. You should write his speeches.

The slightly more uncomfortable issue for all of us with regards to refugees and immigration is "if not Germany who"? WE'RE not going to take them and quite a few European states will be less than keen after this. You can't just mass repatriate one million people in a shot back to warzones. So whoever is kind enough to take pity on the majority of needy families also gets saddled with the actions of the extremists. Not exactly fair is it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
either way its disastrous.
Clearly.

It gets trotted out quite often but as I have no German reference point, family, friends, 'media', not even a holiday.
I wondered what others thought of the question which happened to fit nicely with that previous comment.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They are not self radicalised... they go to Mosque meetings, common I terested groups, watch you tube.... they are radicalised by the Jihadist system.. it's just the mechanism that varies.. face to face or over the net, it amounts to the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm just using the phrase that the Quillam Foundation uses to distinguish between some sort of co-ordinated attack by a group of people and one by an individual who acts under their own volition. I totally agree with you that these terrorists are pushed to do the things they do by hate preachers, the internet and the like.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My son and I spent a couple of hours before the Birmingham game at the Christmas market there. Everyone was so happy, drinking loads and singing along to the live music. I can only imagine it was the same in Berlin and sickening to think it ended in such a devastating and frightening way.

Jan 30, 2008
Wait, that's not clear. Are you saying I'm deluded if I regard myself as British or I'm deluded if I regard them as British? Because both are dumb statements.

They were British. That's a hard fact. Born here = British. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is often a core rhetoric of the anti-immigration mob, is it not?
:dunce:
regards
DR

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think a few of us stated that trouble would happen within 2 years of Germany's open door/unchecked policy. Sweden was the template. Now Nigel is being slated for views he gives now which he actually stated months and months ago.

Nigel is being slated

a) Whether he's right or not, making his point in the immediate aftermath of the attack is seen by many as crass and tasteless.

b) Six months ago, he was pictured under a racist poster that he advocated, the latest in a long line of increasingly hysterical outpourings from both sides of a divisive referendum campaign. Later that day a neo-nazi terrorist murdered a sitting politician in cold blood and attempted to murder a 78 year old man that came to her defense. Some at the time linked the two things, which Farage condemned. As Brendan Cox has said today blaming politicians for the acts of extremists is a very slippery slope, whichever side you're on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The reply to Farage is spot on, It doesn't matter how many refugees you take it's the terrorists and extremists that inspire, plan and carry out the act, not Merkel.

He'd have had a point if he'd put it like that but he didn't. You should write his speeches.

The slightly more uncomfortable issue for all of us with regards to refugees and immigration is "if not Germany who"? WE'RE not going to take them and quite a few European states will be less than keen after this. You can't just mass repatriate one million people in a shot back to warzones. So whoever is kind enough to take pity on the majority of needy families also gets saddled with the actions of the extremists. Not exactly fair is it?
Perhaps other Muslim countries could help out? After all, culturally, many of the migrants hold similar values that are not out of step with their beliefs and way of life.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ah , so short term pain (12 people murdered countless injured at a Christmas market) for long term gain , fvcking idiot isn't too strong a phrase in response to this post:facepalm:

I agree that the short term pain, long term gain argument is ridiculous.

Wasn't that what a lot of people were saying in favour of Brexit?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ah , so short term pain (12 people murdered countless injured at a Christmas market) for long term gain

I think you will find there are numerous events that have happened in Germany that should also be included in that short term plan, also possibly losing the upcoming general election and letting the far right get a foothold again in Germany is something that she can also claim credit for. All because she allowed and invited unprecedented numbers enter the country with no plan, which has alienated both communities now there was no public consultation about the this in the communities they arrived and if people expressed concern they were branded racist that does not help either side.

With no proper plan Germany was always sleepwalking into this and if as she thought this would somehow protect Germany she foolishly has underestimated the hatred for western civilization some have.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Nigel is being slated

a) Whether he's right or not, making his point in the immediate aftermath of the attack is seen by many as crass and tasteless.

b) Six months ago, he was pictured under a racist poster that he advocated, the latest in a long line of increasingly hysterical outpourings from both sides of a divisive referendum campaign. Later that day a neo-nazi terrorist murdered a sitting politician in cold blood and attempted to murder a 78 year old man that came to her defense. Some at the time linked the two things, which Farage condemned. As Brendan Cox has said today blaming politicians for the acts of extremists is a very slippery slope, whichever side you're on.

But yet you link Farage to the death of a British MP? You can't have it both ways. Merkel has to take responsibility for the sexual assaults and attacks by migrants, since she let untold numbers in unfettered and unchecked. Similarly, if Farage whipped up racist sentiment, he needs to take responsibility for his actions.

Edit, noticed you were not trying to link Farage, sorry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here