Lorry crashes into Christmas Market Berlin.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
According to the live updates on the BBC website:

0:42
The police also ask people to stay at home and not spread rumours.

After the attempted cover-up of the New Year's Eve attacks in Cologne, I'm not sure the police will get the second part of their wish granted here.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Never in a million years would you expect attacks in Germany in years gone by.....But letting in over million people with ancient views you was always goner get some nutters.

Europe will never learn....

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This whole thread is what they want. Absolutely shocking thing to happen at Christmas and I can't imagine how the victim's families are feeling.

However the revenge / fear / move to the far right reaction is exactly what the terrorists are after. It's stunning that people who think they're clever enough to know the precise solution fall for this every single time.

The German far right were calling this Merkel's Dead within minutes and we all know how well it went the last time they were popular

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably. But not confronting is equally bad. There I go but...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Quite. Not just sympathisers but homegrown terrorists as well. Weren't most of the attackers in France last year French / Belgian born? Four of the three London bombers were born here.

So they were fvcking born here , they don't regard themselves as British , and you're deluded if you do.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
The far right is not the way to go. Better or more stringent border controls would suffice, but Merkel and the rest of the EU have seen fit to relax these to accommodate 1m. Trouble being unknown numbers if ISIS sympathisers were amongst them hence the attacks being experienced at the moment

I never said the far right was the way to go. I said unfortunately it seems the only way. I for one am not that way inclined. As for stringent border controls this won't happen as the Eu have fuc*ed that up. The Eastern European countries will soon leave the Eu due to Brussels fuc*ing this continent. And people whine we voted out ffs.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Quite. Not just sympathisers but homegrown terrorists as well. Weren't most of the attackers in France last year French / Belgian born? Four of the three London bombers were born here.

Four of the three London bombers were.born here ? They must.be very clever

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This whole thread is what they want. Absolutely shocking thing to happen at Christmas and I can't imagine how the victim's families are feeling.

However the revenge / fear / move to the far right reaction is exactly what the terrorists are after. It's stunning that people who think they're clever enough to know the precise solution fall for this every single time.

The German far right were calling this Merkel's Dead within minutes and we all know how well it went the last time they were popular

Sure, I agree cool heads are needed. However, if reasonable people don't soon come up
with a plan then less reasonable people will fill the void. Nice words simply are not good enough for relatives of the maimed and dead.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
and to hell the their worldwide reputation for honest reporting.

If you want speculation just head over to Sky, or double down and find a Fox News feed.

Ok the truck must have taken a wrong turn then, and the brakes failed and I guess the driver was so horrified he had been part of this horrific accident in front of a church he ran off because he was so scared.....

Speculation is part of good journalism I thought...

Guess I'm wrong, let's not mention Islam, or terrorist or God forbid immigrant and the implications that would have in Germany and their leader at all until we know for certain.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I never said the far right was the way to go. I said unfortunately it seems the only way. I for one am not that way inclined. As for stringent border controls this won't happen as the Eu have fuc*ed that up. The Eastern European countries will soon leave the Eu due to Brussels fuc*ing this continent. And people whine we voted out ffs.
Yep they've destroyed everything that was great about Europe and why?so that Europe is awash with cheap labour for big business.
Vile organisation that I can't stand:rant:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Out of interest who else is doing anything to stop these acts of terror
regards
DR

Just having a quick think but you'd like to think various security agencies and the like would be on the case.

Difficult to work up a case on some nutcase getting into a lorry and driving it into a market though, eh? What would you suggest? Only allowing people of non-Islamic faiths access to driving licenses?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sure, I agree cool heads are needed. However, if reasonable people don't soon come up
with a plan then less reasonable people will fill the void. Nice words simply are not good enough for relatives of the maimed and dead.

Agree with the last bit. The first bit is the more difficult. For me we have lost if we stop working in skyscrapers, or going to markets, or parades, or travelling by tube, or having a Friday night out. For me we have also lost if we move to the far right or stop helping genuine refugees.

I don't have the answer and neither do any politicians by the look of it but the day we stop caring for the vulnerable is the day we're as bad as them

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Very true. Unfortunately, the 'reasonable' people are also at least partly responsible for making us more unsafe which is why the less reasonable are finding such fertile ground to spread their poison.

Sadly I can't see anything other than more of the same and probably worse.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

I believe the common denominator was the fact they were muslims.........but of course I stand to be corrected.

Am I allowed to say that these days ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports