Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bracknell - A Health Bulletin!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Hope all is going well.

Remember being a part of your team delivering leaflets around Ringmer and Lewes for the Seagull Party, in that local election.

Seems a long time ago now!!!! But all worth it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Are you sure it's nothing to do with enjoying the 2001 Boxing Day pre-match hospitality at QPR?

And since you've always been regarded as one of NSC's eminent linguists, are you sure it's not a just a bad case of irritable vowel syndrome?

Archer, Bellotti, Cancer.

A and B have long disappeared from view, C will join them soon enough.

Get well soon, Ed...and many congratulations to you and Roz.

Looking forward to seeing you both again soon.

Shirty

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Good luck Lord B. My mum's just gone through a spell of chemo & radio - it'll be bloody horrible at times, but you will get through it (and we've had some fantastic days in the middle of it as well). Get strong & stay that way!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm unusually at a loss for words to say something that hasn't already been said in the huge dollops of goodwill messages to his eminence the Lord of Bracknellshire, esteemed repository of yarns involving Howard Marks, attending the World Cup in 1966 and so many others, and of course to her serene Ladyship. But here goes: best of it to you both, you ridiculously lovely, fluffy individuals.

I just bloody hope that my keeping Mr Ed awake on that train journey from Clapham Junction to Brighton by insisting on talking to him about matters Albion while he tried to get some sleep hasn't contributed in any way to this silly health matter that he'll no doubt despatch with aplomb...I feel bad...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really sorry to hear this Ed....all the very best and hopefully a speedy recovery

BTW Does this mean your hair and beard will fall out? If so how are we going to recognise you in the future?:)

Kindest regards
Dave

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Really sorry to hear this Ed....all the very best and hopefully a speedy recovery

BTW Does this mean your hair and beard will fall out? If so how are we going to recognise you in the future?:)

Kindest regards
Dave

We could have a whip round and get him this

wizard_wig_wizard_beard.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Dear Lady B, please pass this on to our Dear Lord.

You helped to beat Bellotti.
You're sure to beat Bowellotti!
All the very best Ed.
JS.

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
All the best for a quick recovery m'lud, from me and Junior PRJ.

I met you briefly at Lewes Bonfire Night two years ago.

As others have said, you are an inspiration to thousands of fellow BHA fans. I was reminded of that fact recently, when I re-read Build a Bonfire and We Want Falmer :bowdown:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just seen this - as someone working through how to deal with prostate cancer you have my sympathy. Really hope you get through without too much grief as one of NSC's all round good guys you deserve to

Jul 7, 2003
Lord B - best wishes for a speedy recovery. Lady B - I know you are newly wed but please be gentle with him:blush:

Dear Lady B, please pass this on to our Dear Lord.

You helped to beat Bellotti.
You're sure to beat Bowellotti!
All the very best Ed.
JS.
I've been pondering what to call my tumour. I think you've come up with a solution.

Does anyone remember Albion fan, Ian Long? He had two tumours - he called them Crystal and Palace.

Dandyman

In London village.
Get well soon.

Nulli Secundus.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've been pondering what to call my tumour. I think you've come up with a solution.

Does anyone remember Albion fan, Ian Long? He had two tumours - he called them Crystal and Palace.

I had a friend once who took great delight in naming his- not to put too fine a point on it- poos. He'd walk into the office and proudly announce that he'd just been for a Boutros Boutros Ghali, or a Morten Gamst Pedersen, for example. The names seemed to be entirely random. "Excuse me, gents, I'm just going for an Eduard Shevardnadze, I may be a few minutes". I think they were nearly always men. Seems a little inappropriate to name them after ladies, don't you think?

And there you were thinking this thread couldn't descend into stupidity, Ed :D I do hope Al's cooking has enhanced your week of therapy :thumbsup:

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
We have never met but i am sure we would be of kindred spirits.
You did me a great favour once after a drunken outburst, and i thank you .Good Luck.

Beware of all Grave Diggers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here