Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long way together email

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If the club are going to write to me at this time I'd much rather it would have been from TB or PB and saying something along the lines of 'thanks for sticking with us, we didn't do as well as we should have but we're working flat out to put it right, we really want you to get behind us next season etc etc.

Hughton, Bloom and Barber's columns in the programme for Watford all expressed exactly these sentiments. Barber, as you'd expect, at great length.

174 for me.

Confusing really as I haven't done one away, didn't miss one home game (at least my ticket didn't) and live 13 miles from the stadium.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
293 for me with no away games and so this is spot on.
Well done to the club, nice thought but yes, would prefer a letter/email from someone high up in the club apologizing for the past season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]597775776218488832[/tweet]

Or as this thread seems to suggest, probably closer to 23m.

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
The official explanation of the calculation ..............
"The mileage is based on travel from the postcode we have on your account to The Amex and any away clubs’ ground you have been to. This mileage calculation merely measures the distance between your address and the stadiums so there may be slight discrepancies when considering routes but we hope you can appreciate the mileage is an estimate. Also some supporters may have bought tickets on multiple accounts and the mileage given is based on your main Season Ticket Fan Number."
So it is TO the ground(s) only which would explain those who think that it should be double.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
BHA total for myself 462? :wrong:

Actual total 2600

The reply I recieved..

Thank you for your email.

The mileage is based on travel from the postcode we have on your account to The Amex and any away clubs’ ground you have been to. This mileage calculation merely measures the distance between your address and the stadiums so there may be slight discrepancies when considering routes but we hope you can appreciate the mileage is an estimate. Also some supporters may have bought tickets on multiple accounts and the mileage given is based on your main Season Ticket Fan Number.

If your postcode is incorrect on our system and you have since changed address, please let us know in response to this email and we will update your details accordingly.

Thank you for your fantastic support of the club this season and we look forward to seeing you again for another season at The Amex in 2015/16.

Kind regards

Lewis Bartlett
Supporter Services

Booking Line: 0844 327 1901
Supporter Services Line: 0344 324 6282
Email: supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BL

Official website: www.seagulls.co.uk

Twitter - @officialbhafc
Facebook - Officialbhafc

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
The clubs' reply when I mentioned the real distance I personally have travelled was dismissive of the large inaccuracy. Why bother with doing it then springs to mind?Baffling!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here