Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long way together email

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
168 miles for me. Completely wrong of course, I went to Charlton and someone else used my ticket for another game (Brentford I think), then I did Blackburn away which isn't included because I was in hospitality.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
168 miles for me. Completely wrong of course, I went to Charlton and someone else used my ticket for another game (Brentford I think), then I did Blackburn away which isn't included because I was in hospitality.

168 doesn't sound too far off for Charlton and Brentford combined...

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No distance on mine, which Aer Lingus would disagree with, so it has to be away games only?

Either that or is a fairly crude calculation on postcodes which clearly I don't have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club has done the fans a great service with this email. The season has finished so there's not much news. Fans have missed having something to moan about, so the club has provided the platform for a good old whinge.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No distance on mine, which Aer Lingus would disagree with, so it has to be away games only?

Either that or is a fairly crude calculation on postcodes which clearly I don't have.
It's home games too, my total is about 400 miles and I've only been to the amex this season. I live in Eastbourne and missed a coyote of matches due to illness so that calculation is about right.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
154 for me.

Although most Saturday mornings/Friday nights I travelled down from Hyde where my boxing gym is based so actually looking at about 250 miles each way, per game!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
565 miles apparently. That's more than I expected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mine is as accurate as a YouGov poll.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You can calculate the distance between two postcodes relatively easily and quite accurately.

Apparently not!

FWIW, using a 'relatively easy and quite accurate' method, I reckon my own '891' should read '3,305'

Last edited:

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It is as most have said a simple formula.
You take your seat no, add it to your post code then divide by tan(253/(|(599-log(34)^31)|) x no of games and this will give you the distance in KM x 0.621371192 and that will give you miles travelled..easy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why is the email using the American spelling of traveling? Two l's please.
Barber out, blame Stockdale!

Yes, this irritated me. An instruction to use American spellings has probably come from the, um, CEO. After he met with Peter Godfrey.

My distance-travelled was about 100 per cent out and strangely different to my wife's.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Goes to show the wide range of views ... I think it's utter crap

Some marketing fella comes up with a daft idea, likely spends days and days figuring it all out and then gets it all wrong

They do this in the name of 'personalisation' and think that we will regard this as the club talking to me as an individual

If the club are going to write to me at this time I'd much rather it would have been from TB or PB and saying something along the lines of 'thanks for sticking with us, we didn't do as well as we should have but we're working flat out to put it right, we really want you to get behind us next season etc etc.

Something from the heart, that felt genuine. I wouldnt give a monkeys if everyone else got the same thing

Grumpy when I should be asleep :mad:

The club was persuaded to send a chairman's letter to STHs a year or two ago. Unfortunately it turned into a routine sales spiel with a tendency towards self-congratulation, printed on transparently thin paper. Paul Barber really really doesn't get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here