Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loftus-Cheek

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IMHO If we were ever going to sign RLC then we would have not offered Gross a new contract. Similarly, I'd expect us to sign Enciso who would also occupy an advanced midfield role.

However, he did make 40 appearances for Chelsea last season and is entering his peak years, so it would make sense for someone like Fulham to pick him up and help replace the loss of Carvalho, or Forest if they lose Brennan Johnson. I think he'd be a good addition for most Prem sides.

Oh yeah Fulham are definitely going for him, such a great success last time around.

(tbf he was brilliant when he came on against Brighton one of the games but for the most part he was horseshit)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh yeah Fulham are definitely going for him, such a great success last time around.

(tbf he was brilliant when he came on against Brighton one of the games but for the most part he was horseshit)

1. RLC is a lot better than what they have, i.e. Harrison Reed, Cairney, Nathaniel Chalobah, Seri, Onomah.
2. RLC had a decent season for Chelsea in 21/22 - more Prem appearances than Pulisic, Werner, Trevor Chalobah, Hudson-Odoi, Ziyech, Saul Niguez, Barkley.
3. Fulham have a different manager.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
As you seem determined to Labour the point, why would the club offer Gross a 2 year contract if he is too old and not good enough? Then replace him with a player reputed to be on sky-high wages?

Thank God you are not in charge of recruitment!!

Firstly you’re the one insisting that an England international isn’t good enough for us and I didn’t say that gross should be dropped either! also you have no idea regarding wages and who earns what for our club let alone any other ones
Lucky for us you’ve got no input into recruitment either xx

SAC

May 21, 2014
If you search what his wages are, it seems to vary from £60k a week through to £175k a week. If it is nearer the former I could see quite a few mid to lower PL teams looking at him. If is is really on £175k a week then he's staying at Chelsea!

I haven't seen that much of him but he looked good when I did see him last season. Much better than when he was at Fulham (although I didn't see that much of him then either).

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Firstly you’re the one insisting that an England international isn’t good enough for us and I didn’t say that gross should be dropped either! also you have no idea regarding wages and who earns what for our club let alone any other ones
Lucky for us you’ve got no input into recruitment either xx

Firstly, he is not good enough for our club. We have enough good players at the club and in the pipeline. We do not need him. I did not pretend to know anything about any wages at our club. He is going to be on a fair wedge at Chelsea. It stands to reason

Ever thought to wonder why his career has not kicked on? Lucky for us you have nothlng to do do with recruitment either!!

He will not be joining. Get over it.

Another one for the ignore list

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Firstly, he is not good enough for our club. We have enough good players at the club and in the pipeline. We do not need him. I did not pretend to know anything about any wages at our club. He is going to be on a fair wedge at Chelsea. It stands to reason

Ever thought to wonder why his career has not kicked on? Lucky for us you have nothlng to do do with recruitment either!!

He will not be joining. Get over it.

Another one for the ignore list

Yay

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's a good player - but the salient question must surely be, is he substantially better than what we've already got?

Signing him would initially be a 'meh' for me,but if our recruitment team and management team want him and think he can do a better job than Caicedo, Mac Allister, Mwepu and co. (and if they can work out a financial package that will satisfy a probably well overpaid young man with probably a very overpaid agent whispering in his ear) then I would bow to their superior judgement and welcome him to the club.

FWIW, it's a 'No, he isn't' from me though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure we'll target substantial wages at a position we really don't need anymore players for.

Especially if we sing Enciso for the future.

I can see us getting a defender in if some leave. Also a defensive midfielder if Bissouma leaves and Moder's injury is bad.

I think our recruitment list is short this summer and more interesting is the 20 or so players who'll leave/go out on loan.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It’s a “no” from me … wages could blow a bloody great hole in the club’s pay structure and is he better than what we’ve already got? Questionable value.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Always liked him despite the scum ties, but just like Tammy Abraham or the ludicrous Giroud suggestions, top teams in Italy are still on a par with Arsenal or Spurs and not us or even Leicester type clubs. We have a few years to go yet to attract those type of signings and beat big non-EPL clubs who aren’t the big 5 of Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern and PSG. Prem has a pull even mid-table sides, but not over 15-20 European clubs who would and should always beat us to signings if they are serious about them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Loftus-Cheek was an utter embarrassment in his season on loan to Fulham - looked lay and uninterested. Cottagers fans I know said he was a waste of money and one of their worst-ever signings. So that's a tentative 'no' from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here