Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Lockdown and relationships

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I apologise for my language, but can you please show me that report? as I cannot find anything.

No problem, thanks for the apology.
The report was conveniently buried in the middle of another article on the bbc news website, and from the ons, which brings me on to another point that the media are massively playing the nation in the way they’ve been reporting this crisis.
Good news is never headline news, it’s always buried in another article !

This is a screen shot from the app, can’t find the actual article now.

Edit: I’m not for one minute saying 32k flu deaths is good news, merely that it gives some kind of perspective.

BFDED85A-C8F8-4F6B-8064-82F024E644AD.jpeg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No actually, i want to be at work, i work on commission, so i'm probably in the same boat as you if not worse. Where the **** have i said about military lockdowns? People are acting selfishly saying the lockdown should end soon. No, i will listen to people who are actually qualified to make comment rather than some thick selfish prick like yourself who wants everything to go their own way. I'm also guessing and hoping that i'm correct that you haven't lost anyone close to you in this time.
Also, that number is just plain wrong, the highest in the last ten years was 28,330 in 13/14 for the year, so honestly, everything you say from now on will be taken as pure lies
Been back at work last few days customers saying they really can’t hold off any longer and needed my services and to be frank I need the money. Driving through London it’s not as busy although you can easily see people are getting back to it more shops open than probably should be. If the government paid out to everyone a living wage at least to all during lockdown with no questions asked then your theory might work, unfortunately we all need to eat and try to keep a roof over our heads.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No problem, thanks for the apology.
The report was conveniently buried in the middle of another article on the bbc news website, and from the ons, which brings me on to another point that the media are massively playing the nation in the way they’ve been reporting this crisis.
Good news is never headline news, it’s always buried in another article !

This is a screen shot from the app, can’t find the actual article now.

Edit: I’m not for one minute saying 32k flu deaths is good news, merely that it gives some kind of perspective.

View attachment 122742

I think the issue is that we don't know what would have happened if the lockdown had not been put in place. Figures for London indicate deaths would have been a lot higher than flu but as the report also mentions are the flu figures really accurate as it is not actually tested for in a dead person.

As someone who is in self isolation , partly for myself (chest issues) but mainly for my wife (who has a compromised immune system) I do think a balance needs to made because if the economy nose dives we are all screwed. The problem is getting that compromise right. I read a report that said masks could reduce the amount of Coivid 'moisture' by 95% surely this is something we need to introduce.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
People can still move house, especially in these conditions. A girl I work with is/was in exactly the same situation and moved with a rented van from Manchester to Liverpool. She said with circumstances like this it's possible.

Even here in Spain where the lockdown is extremely strict, people can move house in those conditions. You're clearly a good bloke but there are many out there who aren't and it's better to let people move out than lock them in and allow violence to potentially unfold.

Tricky part will be viewing properties but honestly, there's no better time than now to be able to haggle on price.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Cheers everyone for the advice.

There are no financial or children obligations involved here. It will be a straight 100% split with no further contact required between us, as we are both divorced and was trying to build a new life together. It just isn’t working out. We have been together for 3 years.

It still remains a sad situation to be in nonetheless, but at least we do not have any complicated issues to resolve.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The government will have to do something soon, regarding the UK's non-locked down lockdown.

They will either have to start enforcing it properly or announce ways in which it is being relaxed. I think it is quite apparent to everybody that roads are becoming busier, certain shops are re-opening and more and more people are not staying in their houses.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think the issue is that we don't know what would have happened if the lockdown had not been put in place. Figures for London indicate deaths would have been a lot higher than flu but as the report also mentions are the flu figures really accurate as it is not actually tested for in a dead person.

As someone who is in self isolation , partly for myself (chest issues) but mainly for my wife (who has a compromised immune system) I do think a balance needs to made because if the economy nose dives we are all screwed. The problem is getting that compromise right. I read a report that said masks could reduce the amount of Coivid 'moisture' by 95% surely this is something we need to introduce.

Totally agree, I’ve supported the lockdown but, we also need to be mindful that we can’t carry on living like we are for too much longer.
On the mask issue, I don’t think the government will change their stance on this due to the fear of the public panic buying all the stock that’s vitally needed in the care sector, I think that one will be left to an individual choice !

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Totally agree, I’ve supported the lockdown but, we also need to be mindful that we can’t carry on living like we are for too much longer.
On the mask issue, I don’t think the government will change their stance on this due to the fear of the public panic buying all the stock that’s vitally needed in the care sector, I think that one will be left to an individual choice !

Regards masks it should be split into 2 points, are they beneficial if they are be worn by general public and secondly do we have enough. We should not mix the issue of need and supply even though they are closely linked. I think a clear message should go out explaining the benefits tht it stops you infecting others (not the other way round) and that should prevent some of the panic buying. The general public could/shoul wear washable ones and leave the disposable ones to the NHS. I also think a lot of people could/would make their own if the message was phrased correctly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here