Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Lockdown and relationships

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. The lock down needs to stay.

I think you will find that the many are being effected by this, lots of consequences, to name a few, cancer treatments not happening, mental health issues, domestic violence up, lives economically ruined, relationships as per the OP hit. I get the emotion, I just don’t think it’s as simple as being portrayed

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It’s not as black and white as you indicate, far from it. We are trading much, including lives, for this lockdown, it’s not one sided.

Perhaps you should watch the daily press briefing, until certain criteria is met then nothing will happen or perhaps you are yet another internet expert of fatal disease control.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It looks like this pandemic lockdown is going to crucify my relationship with my Mrs....

I may well have to find accommodation sooner rather than later. How can this work if we are in lockdown? What is the guidance on moving to rent? I cannot be the only one realising that my relationship with her indoors isn't what I thought it was? This situation must be affecting many others in a similar way I'm guessing.

I am looking at renting a 2 bed property with parking for two cars, pretty much anywhere within a 10 mile radius of good ol' BN1 ASAP. Approx 1K rent per month. Non smoker with readies, ready! References can be obtainable if required. I am a professional business owner and employed by my own company.

PM me with details if you have anything available, or you can email chris@psvsolutions.co.uk.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Muzzy

Can’t help with your accommodation but do wish you all the best ..unfortunately you wont be the only one ...maybe there will be an opportunity to have a break from for a short period so that both of you can reflect on the way ahead...hard top do if you are both ‘on top’ of each other ..breathing space and all that ....anyway best of luck

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few. The lock down needs to stay.

I’m guessing your the type of person that’s been commenting anywhere and everywhere you can find the opportunity, clamouring for a “Spanish style” “full military” lockdown and generally revelling in the drama of it all, and would quite happily sit indoors until the “R” is zero.
You’re probably retired, or your income hasn’t changed, but will probably create merry hell, when millions of businesses go under, with many millions unemployed, which in turn causes crime and disorder to increase and all the while being taxed to the hilt !
Thousands of people will lose their homes, causing even more stress on an extremely fragile economy, there is an extremely fine line between saving lives now and saving lives in the future, one day soon the government will need to make a very difficult decision.
You know 32,000 people in the uk have died from flu related deaths so far this year, we had no lockdown to save those poor souls.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Mixed message from me

a) stay put especially if you think it will end in a separation as if you move out you may lose out financially
b) stay put and try to work on the relationship , what have you now found out in lock down which you did not know before. All relationships go through bad times , sometimes you just need to recalibrate.
c) if you are going to move out try AirBNB. My daughter has moved out to protect my wife whose immune system is bad . She found a 2 bed house in very centre of Brighton for 1k which she is sharing with he partner, it is normally 4k a month or more. They are cheap as they can't let them.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
It looks like this pandemic lockdown is going to crucify my relationship with my Mrs....

I may well have to find accommodation sooner rather than later. How can this work if we are in lockdown? What is the guidance on moving to rent? I cannot be the only one realising that my relationship with her indoors isn't what I thought it was? This situation must be affecting many others in a similar way I'm guessing.

I am looking at renting a 2 bed property with parking for two cars, pretty much anywhere within a 10 mile radius of good ol' BN1 ASAP. Approx 1K rent per month. Non smoker with readies, ready! References can be obtainable if required. I am a professional business owner and employed by my own company.

PM me with details if you have anything available, or you can email chris@psvsolutions.co.uk.

Muzzy

Sorry to hear this and hope you can work it out. We are both Key workers so Wife has been at work. I had been signed off for a month but for the last 2 weeks Mrs T tested positive for Covid 19.. We obviously both self isolated and ended u with it. Luckily very mild,,, but I feel for you as when she started to get better we started to argue as she wanted jobs done in the house of just to go out for fresh air (we have a garden) and I challenged this.Also I was going stir crazy after 5 weeks. Luckily for us we are both now back at work and it is so nice to be able to speak to real people in the flesh.. it makes me realise what those of you who cannot go to work are going through. My advise for the little it is worth is try and find some common ground and both of yo fight to keep your relationship alive. My thoughts are with you and your partner.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I’m guessing your the type of person that’s been commenting anywhere and everywhere you can find the opportunity, clamouring for a “Spanish style” “full military” lockdown and generally revelling in the drama of it all, and would quite happily sit indoors until the “R” is zero.
You’re probably retired, or your income hasn’t changed, but will probably create merry hell, when millions of businesses go under, with many millions unemployed, which in turn causes crime and disorder to increase and all the while being taxed to the hilt !
Thousands of people will lose their homes, causing even more stress on an extremely fragile economy, there is an extremely fine line between saving lives now and saving lives in the future, one day soon the government will need to make a very difficult decision.
You know 32,000 people in the uk have died from flu related deaths so far this year, we had no lockdown to save those poor souls.

No actually, i want to be at work, i work on commission, so i'm probably in the same boat as you if not worse. Where the **** have i said about military lockdowns? People are acting selfishly saying the lockdown should end soon. No, i will listen to people who are actually qualified to make comment rather than some thick selfish prick like yourself who wants everything to go their own way. I'm also guessing and hoping that i'm correct that you haven't lost anyone close to you in this time.
Also, that number is just plain wrong, the highest in the last ten years was 28,330 in 13/14 for the year, so honestly, everything you say from now on will be taken as pure lies

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've got little to add apart from my sympathies mate. Any relationships troubles are doubtless amplified in this current situation, and as much as you want to bury her under the patio I'd say what about (for now) just having your own rooms, own allotted times in the kitchen and bathroom and so on.

If me and 'Mrs Nose' start getting on each others tits, I just distance myself and it all seems to work out in the end.

Failing that, buy a sumo boxing set online and have it out in the back garden, safely. :lolol:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Muzzy

I am sorry. You both have my sympathy and I wish you well....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Like many others, I don't have any advice to add that hasn't already been suggested, so I'll just add to the collective hope that things work out as well as they can do.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I would just add that she may be acting out of character due to stress. If it looks like her relationship is failing on top of everything else, that could add pressure and increase the chances of unreasonable behaviour.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No actually, i want to be at work, i work on commission, so i'm probably in the same boat as you if not worse. Where the **** have i said about military lockdowns? People are acting selfishly saying the lockdown should end soon. No, i will listen to people who are actually qualified to make comment rather than some thick selfish prick like yourself who wants everything to go their own way. I'm also guessing and hoping that i'm correct that you haven't lost anyone close to you in this time.
Also, that number is just plain wrong, the highest in the last ten years was 28,330 in 13/14 for the year, so honestly, everything you say from now on will be taken as pure lies

See you’ve let yourself down when you started with the insults, you need to read what I originally wrote, I never said you said anything !
And go away and read the latest stats for this year, it was reported on the BBC website just yesterday 32,00 flu related deaths, mostly from pneumonia.
And for your information, my best friends dad died of it last week, like the majority of deaths he had underlying health issues, but chose to wear a do not resuscitate tag.
Regards
Thick Selfish Prick x

Last edited:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
See you’ve let yourself down when you started with the insults, you need to read what I originally wrote, I never said you said anything !
And go away and read the latest stats for this year, it was reported on the BBC website just yesterday 32,00 flu related deaths, mostly from pneumonia.
Regards
Thick Selfish Prick x

I apologise for my language, but can you please show me that report? as I cannot find anything.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Muzzy

Firstly, I hope you are ok, try to remain positive! Talk it through with the Mrs, do you think you would have worked if we weren’t in the situation we are in ?
If you need space from each, you can still do that, go for a walk on your own or
be tolerant with each other, this isn’t going to last forever!
Hope things work out for you and bear in mind if you walk away now, you might regret.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't believe we're nearly 40 posts in and no one has asked if Mrs Muzzy is a go'er or got big norks.

Top marks to NSC for keeping this serious ....

And nobody has suggested putting some bleach in her tea and using the excuse that she liked Trump.

It's impressive from NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here