GOSBTS
Grant Shapps as Home Secretary

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
:shrug: Why would they worry about losing the Tory whip? Those Tory MPs who had the balls to vote with the courage of their convictions rather than being bullied by Truss (how can you allow yourself to be bullied by her?) would at least have some chance as an Independent in a GE. At least they would garner some respect from their constituents.

They won't though. We will see the snivelling, cowardly bastards do her bidding in order to prop her up.
According to the speech William Wragg made, his letter to Graham Brady of no confidence in Truss would no longer count, amongst other things

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Strange. I always thought it was the Chief Whip who issued such missives (a.k.a. threats). That's the Chief Whip's job, not the PM's. The PM is there to run the country (even if she spectacularly fails to), the Chief Whip manages the Party. Still, if the pitchforks are out and being sharpened.................

(not that I'm averse to a close association between the ersatz PM and pitchforks - bring 'em on!)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
According to the speech William Wragg made, his letter to Graham Brady of no confidence in Truss would no longer count, amongst other things
If 40 like minded tory MPs voted the same way as Wragg, the removed confidence letters would be a moot point.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yeah - but Brady has extended the 15% to 30% then 50% so he clearly isn't that fussed about how many letters are in he still isn't going to announce that the threshhold haed been reached as he appears to be changing the threshhold on a whim. Here again are the published rules:

It's 15%. There is no "discretion" on the 15%. There is no "immunity". Read the rules and you will see just how much of this Brady is making up as he goes along.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Braverman was a shocking appointment. Her zeal for deporting people to Rwanda was distasteful, and her comments about Indians being the worst at outstaying their welcome has only served to antagonise the Indian Government during - as I understand it - delicate trade negotiations.

That said, I see Truss has replaced him with Shapps, so in football parlance, "sh1t for sh1t".

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sharing sensitive information on her private phone !! This lot are an absolute shambles

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here