Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liz Costa

Jul 7, 2003
Were you on the famous Grimsby coach in 1992 ? Broke down on the way back.

Not on that one. I do remember coming back from Hull between Xmas and New Years (freezing cold, 1-0 defeat, last minute winner when they broke from our corner and we only had Ian Chapman (I think) back defending) when the coach broke down on the M18 and the driver was able to put in a temporary repair using a bit of string from Mr Thompson.

I can't remember what my wife told me ten minutes ago but can remember stupid details like this - the brain is a weird thing!

Was also on the Burnley coach that got stuck on the M6 (despite us telling the driver not to go that way), arrived 20 minutes late to be greeted by a police motorcycle officer who told us we were already 2-0 down. To make matters even worse, we were starving as we had no break on the way up and there was no hot food left in the ground.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Watching that video brings back so many memories, well done Liz, much respect, totally deserved

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not on that one. I do remember coming back from Hull between Xmas and New Years (freezing cold, 1-0 defeat, last minute winner when they broke from our corner and we only had Ian Chapman (I think) back defending) when the coach broke down on the M18 and the driver was able to put in a temporary repair using a bit of string from Mr Thompson.

I can't remember what my wife told me ten minutes ago but can remember stupid details like this - the brain is a weird thing!

Was also on the Burnley coach that got stuck on the M6 (despite us telling the driver not to go that way), arrived 20 minutes late to be greeted by a police motorcycle officer who told us we were already 2-0 down. To make matters even worse, we were starving as we had no break on the way up and there was no hot food left in the ground.

Yes, I was at the Hull match and would have used the coach. Sounds familiar. Nogan and Kennedy managed to contrive an offside goal when the two of them were through, then Hull went and scored.

28.12.1992 Bank Holiday Monday

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Congratulations Liz , so deserved .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You could equally have been describing Sarah! They were a real double act those two.

Yes, Sarah was the same. I was really sad when I read of the news about her. Always good company. Both of them.

I remember over sleeping once and Liz ringing me up to say 'where are you ?'. I only did that the once :lolol:

She was really kind hearted. I remember bunking a lift on the coach back after a game that I had made my own way to. She was fine with me doing it.

My first solo trip on the Costa Express was Sunderland in the 80s. I was quite young then and the trip was great.

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Fair to say that most of my travelling back in the 80's & 90's was done by train, but there were a still a few occasions during that time that l opted for the coach instead, (maybe the train was too expensive, or the schedule wasn't great).

My last away trip on the Costa Express was to St.Andrews in our promotion season, when l witnessed that come from behind 2-1 victory, that saw Glenn race the length of the pitch, (faster than l'd ever seen him run before!), to us away fans to celebrate his late late winner.

What a fantastic day!

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Hi I know Liz retired from putting on coaches but did anyone else take over from her or is it just seagulls travel now ,if been mentioned before, just couldn’t find anything on here and don’t use the board to often .

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
We were just talking about Liz yesterday having noticed she hasn’t been in her usual seat in the West Lower at all this season - does anybody know if she’s moved to another part of the stadium? Hoping she’s ok

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hi I know Liz retired from putting on coaches but did anyone else take over from her or is it just seagulls travel now ,if been mentioned before, just couldn’t find anything on here and don’t use the board to often .

[MENTION=40356]BHASC[/MENTION]1 on twitter

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hmmm confusing though, go to the Coaches page of their website, and it still has Liz down as the organiser.

Yes you are correct, I noticed this and edited my post to give the Twitter account details.
Their website is linked to the Twitter account but looks like the site could do with an update.

00021774-2191-48E0-B17F-CF11D1CCF11B.jpeg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I understand Tim Carder is taking over the running of coaches if he can get some volunteers to support him

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Has anyone else replaced Liz in organising/running coaches for bhasc, the original official supporters club though? She will be a hard act to follow, and it isn't a job to be taken on lightly.

The Supporters Club website is not being updated.
We are aware this causes problems, and needs fixing. Work in progress.

You can get updates by emailing Tim at the email below or on twitter [MENTION=40356]BHASC[/MENTION]1

Tim Carder is currently managing the coaches and has space on the coach to Norwich.

He is running a Covid secure operation, and all the details available by emailing him at bhasc.coaches@gmail.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here