Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liz Costa

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just caught up with the award this morning. I could not think of a finer recipient of that particular award. Thoroughly well deserved and a moving tribute from the awards team. Liz definitely is a fan legend

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Truly deserved for Liz.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Managing to change my day off at very short notice I made many a call to see if there was a space available on one of Liz's coaches, "No problem, get to Conway St asap" was her response. A very helpful, likeable and stalwart Albion fan. Big congrats for the recognition Liz. :albion2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never have had the pleasure of meeting her, but deserves all for her efforts with keeping the club afloat:)

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Liz Costa wins the Sarah Watts Inspiration award. Fully deserved - an absolutely integral part of the club and a lovely little video to go with it. One of the major reasons we have our club.

Absolutely- she deserves far more than can ever be ‘awarded’. Ive no doubt that without Liz (plus quite a few others) back in 95-97 this club would never have survived. She was a major linchpin in this club’s survival.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Managing to change my day off at very short notice I made many a call to see if there was a space available on one of Liz's coaches, "No problem, get to Conway St asap" was her response. A very helpful, likeable and stalwart Albion fan. Big congrats for the recognition Liz. :albion2:

Many is the time other coach providers didn't get enough takers, and would ring Liz to see if she could take theirs. She obliged if she had spaces, or even booked a second coach.
I remember being on the M40 at Warwick services when a group of lads, who had hired a mini bus, were stuck because it had broken down. One lad offered to stay and wait for the breakdown truck but Liz took the rest to Villa for the game.

A great fan and a good friend.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My late father would be chuffed to see this. They worked together at a QS firm in the town, out in hove and spend many a time chewing the cud together about the albion.

She was one of the first people I saw when going to collect his things from the office after the funeral.

Love liz

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thoroughly well-deserved award for Liz.

Liz Costa only became an Albion fan in 83 cos her estranged husband was Man U fan, and she wanted to piss him off.

She quickly got involved in helping the Supporters Club out so much that, in their divorce proceedings, the club were cited by her husband as a reason for divorce.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Thoroughly well-deserved award for Liz.

Liz Costa only became an Albion fan in 83 cos her estranged husband was Man U fan, and she wanted to piss him off.

She quickly got involved in helping the Supporters Club out so much that, in their divorce proceedings, the club were cited by her husband as a reason for divorce.

I remember going on a coach to Sheffield United for a cup game January 86 maybe. Me and my mate were left at the service station as we watched the coach leave.

I always thought it was her fault as i remember a lady running the coach but if you say 83 then maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway a club legend.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember going on a coach to Sheffield United for a cup game January 86 maybe. Me and my mate were left at the service station as we watched the coach leave.

I always thought it was her fault as i remember a lady running the coach but if you say 83 then maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway a club legend.

She started running the buses when the club didn’t pay the bill in 1997. It actually says that in the award video in this thread.

Jul 7, 2003
[Tweet]1401622476543737866[/tweet]

What a wonderful video.

Although Liz took over the payment for the coaches later on, she was involved in them for many years before that. Me and my mate would often use the coaches for those long Norther midweek away trips in the early to mid 90s - half a day off work, sleep on the coach back, back home around 2am or 3am for a few hours more sleep and then into work for 8am.

We tried to be cool and aloof at the start but Liz's passion and enthusiasm meant that didn't last long - the predictions competitions, the legendary bingo - my mate still has an Albion bottle opener he won on board one trip.

So well deserved and, as someone who knew Sarah through work as well as the Albion, that video brought a lump to my throat - especially the end part.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What a wonderful video.

Although Liz took over the payment for the coaches later on, she was involved in them for many years before that. Me and my mate would often use the coaches for those long Norther midweek away trips in the early to mid 90s - half a day off work, sleep on the coach back, back home around 2am or 3am for a few hours more sleep and then into work for 8am.

We tried to be cool and aloof at the start but Liz's passion and enthusiasm meant that didn't last long - the predictions competitions, the legendary bingo - my mate still has an Albion bottle opener he won on board one trip.

So well deserved and, as someone who knew Sarah through work as well as the Albion, that video brought a lump to my throat - especially the end part.

Were you on the famous Grimsby coach in 1992 ? Broke down on the way back.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Many is the time other coach providers didn't get enough takers, and would ring Liz to see if she could take theirs. She obliged if she had spaces, or even booked a second coach.
I remember being on the M40 at Warwick services when a group of lads, who had hired a mini bus, were stuck because it had broken down. One lad offered to stay and wait for the breakdown truck but Liz took the rest to Villa for the game.

A great fan and a good friend.

I was at the same services! In fact I was in a coach so may have been one of hers.

Helped us out once in Wolves and gave 4 or 5 of us a free lift home.

Thoroughly deserved - and great seeing Ed Bassford in the video - another absolute legend for what he’s done for us all. Well done Liz.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I do hope Liz gets to see this thread and it helps her to realise how much she is loved and respected by the wider Albion community, as was Sarah, Paul, Ed and the rest of the FFA, BHASC, etc, etc campaigners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here