Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very enjoyable, Liverpool wouldn't roll over and Sanchez made a game of it for the neutrals.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Interesting to see our CBs drawing on the attacker, then touching the ball to one side and gliding past them. We saw Dunk and Webster practicing that on the training videos from earlier in the week. On MotD, they criticised the attackers for a lack of intensity when closing down, but it looked to me like our defenders used the attackers effort to close to make the space by slipping the ball to one side. RdZ already having an impact on the way we play?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The squad seems very……happy, doesn’t it ? All is well in the camp.

de Zerbi seems like an all-round decent bloke. Someone who the players would look up to. So I see no reason why
we can't just carry on as we were (with minor tweaks).

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We were home at 6.15 pm. Took an hour to do a 20 minute journey because of getting out of the car park and queuing through the tunnel which usually never happens. I didn’t like to say because I knew most would have journeys like yours :) A game like that makes it all worthwhile though.

We went to Birkenhead last season for a trip (stayed over the weekend). Some
fantastic boozers and architecture there. Really liked it,

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
We were home at 6.15 pm. Took an hour to do a 20 minute journey because of getting out of the car park and queuing through the tunnel which usually never happens. I didn’t like to say because I knew most would have journeys like yours :) A game like that makes it all worthwhile though.

Was definitely worthwhile :thumbsup:

Was actually a very smooth journey once we got onto the M62. Got off coach a bit after 11:30pm but then I had a 40 minute walk home!! :ohmy:

Beat Spurs next week by two goals and we go above them

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

My dad was was born on The Wirral and lived in West Kirby until he headed south to do his National Service. One of my cousins still lives there and I got a bit of a telling off from her when she saw I was in Liverpool and didn't go and visit her!! I haven't actually visited for 25 years or so ... so probably fair to call me out :blush:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Must get trossard and Ali Mac on a new contract. Players that are currently integral to how we play. Obviously a new contract doesnt mean they wont leave but will ensure a high fee that can be used for top quality replacements.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I would imagine that person is just some randomer who has attached himself to a successful club. I have never heard any entitlement here about Everton and nothing but admiration for Brighton. I’m pleased we didn’t get beat but a win would have made for a very pleasant Monday at work.

Twitter users with letters after their anonymous name ... 'ACAB' :tosser:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Must be great (if somewhat unusual) for you to watch a magnificent Albion performance live and still be home in time for dinner :thumbsup:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just watched MOTD. Our 3rd goal is the absolute epitome of what I thought De Zerbi football would look like after reading all those analysis articles.. There's neat passing around at the back, and on a couple of occasions Caicedo receives the ball from Dunk in a position where he could easily turn on the ball and look to move forward, but instead its another pass back to Dunk or Veltman which to the untrained eye could look a bit pointless, but you see how it draws in the Liverpool forwards. Then with one quick bit of movement and pass forward from Webster we have beaten that press and 5 Liverpool players are caught out high up the pitch, leaving them open to a counter attack. Creating a counter attack while in a defensive position is something pretty tricky to achieve.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
just shut 6 bin dippers up .....we could have had em and they know it , my mojo is at 76% ....i hope Leo likes Brighton as a place to live , Exeter done me for 800 quid by not beating the gas ...end of..x

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

That’s good to hear. The town Centre and the North End are fairly deprived and we wouldn’t brave a night out in that area. Hamilton Square has some great architecture and places to go out. We live in Oxton which is lovely and has great pubs and restaurants. Pre industrial revolution it was a wealthy village and the rest of Birkenhead grew up around/next to it.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
That’s good to hear. The town Centre and the North End are fairly deprived and we wouldn’t brave a night out in that area. Hamilton Square has some great architecture and places to go out. We live in Oxton which is lovely and has great pubs and restaurants. Pre industrial revolution it was a wealthy village and the rest of Birkenhead grew up around/next to it.

That's interesting NB. The people there are decent as well. Would love to go back at some point.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
This Scottish guy, not heard this woman before

I don’t know if anyone replied but it was Andy Walker. Fondly remembered up here in Scotland, as when he was covering an SPL game, both sets of fans took up the chant “Andy Walker, you’re a W****r, you’re a W****r” which was loud and clear on the TV and he had no idea what to say. 🤣

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here