Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There have been bitter comments from Liverpool fans on various forums and social media sites but this one takes the prize:

"There is no doubt about how lucky Brighton were... They absolutely didn't deserve to win. I wonder how Brighton fans must feel watching their team park a bus and not play football at all... Is that what you want from your team, Brighton fans? Clearly the luck wasn't with us, nor was the referee.. The referee must have been given a blank cheque from Man City... I really really hope that the anti-football Brighton are relegated for the sake of football.":

In fairness scousers are not known for their intelligence.

Allegedly they are witty, charming and charismatic with an artistic flair.....

In truth they are bitter, entitled, depressing, arrogant, antagonist, churlish, aggressive all the qualities one would associate with a :tosser:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've seen quite a few of those sort of comments from Liverpool fans on various social media and they've been resolutely shouted down by Brighton fans and fans of other teams. Most point out that the person who posted them either didn't watch the game or doesn't have a clue about football (or are extremely bitter and sore losers). A lot seem to point to the fact that despite "parking the bus" Brighton created more chances than Liverpool last night.

Unfortunately I think this means we are starting to show up on various radar systems now.

We didn’t park the bus whatsoever - so even those replying are clueless or didn’t watch the game. We defended well with shape and attacked with purpose and skill. Parking the bus is a phrase that means barely getting out your half and just plonking bodies behind the ball Burnley style - in fact ‘they didn’t park the bus’ was said / agreed by all pundits on MOTD I believe.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Have to say before xmas I was fearing that our traditional January slump would put the nail in our coffin.

This has to be the best January we have experienced for many years.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We didn’t park the bus whatsoever - so even those replying are clueless or didn’t watch the game. We defended well with shape and attacked with purpose and skill. Parking the bus is a phrase that means barely getting out your half and just plonking bodies behind the ball Burnley style - in fact ‘they didn’t park the bus’ was said / agreed by all pundits on MOTD I believe.

No one is agreeing with the parking the bus narrative of the bitter Liverpool fans. Just plenty fans of other clubs taking the piss by pointing out that for a side that supposedly "parked the bus" Brighton managed to comprehensively outplay Liverpool and create more chances. I believe it's called sarcasm.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Most comments from Liverpool supporters I have read are generous in praise of Albion's play and accepted the result as fair.
The ones who are aggressively defensive of their team are not real fans, they just want to be on the side that wins - and they have got used to winning, especially at Anfield.
I think we should savour the moment (which has come around for the first time in 38 years) for a brief time and then focus on Burnley.
That match and result will live in the memory for a long time.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No one is agreeing with the parking the bus narrative of the bitter Liverpool fans. Just plenty fans of other clubs taking the piss by pointing out that for a side that supposedly "parked the bus" Brighton managed to comprehensively outplay Liverpool and create more chances. I believe it's called sarcasm.

I believe that last comment is called smarmy patronising. No need for it when I was pointing out purely that those people who were saying that were wrong - not you. Needless.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Most comments from Liverpool supporters I have read are generous in praise of Albion's play and accepted the result as fair.
The ones who are aggressively defensive of their team are not real fans, they just want to be on the side that wins - and they have got used to winning, especially at Anfield.

I saw a comment on one site (can't remember which) that said "I'm given up on Liverpool, I'm going back to supporting United from now on."

:lolol::lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I believe that last comment is called smarmy patronising. No need for it when I was pointing out purely that those people who were saying that were wrong - not you. Needless.

And I was pointing out you'd mis-interrupted what I, and the people making the comments, were saying. No need to be so precious about it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
And I was pointing out you'd mis-interrupted what I, and the people making the comments, were saying. No need to be so precious about it.

Just made it a thing to have a good memory and noticed what posts you’d ‘liked’ a few weeks ago. And no, not being precious - no need for the sarcasm smarmy comment and no defence - so was def right to call you out for being a knob for no reason again. Patronise and talk to people like shit for absolutely no reason whatsoever and you’ll get it back. I think that’s called standing up for oneself.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I saw a comment on one site (can't remember which) that said "I'm given up on Liverpool, I'm going back to supporting United from now on."

:lolol::lolol:

gotta be one of the Irish lads mates , you know the one who abused Ian Wright for putting in a poor shift on fifa 2019.......there is some propper cannon fodder out there....:tosser:

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
This win demonstrates what the team is capable of when they are not looking over their shoulders at a relegation threat - this result would not have happened two weeks ago - but a win against Leeds and particularly the win against Spurs lifted the weight and allowed the players to play without fear.

Hopefully they kick on from here and keep producing results like this.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Think you might be casting some aspersions there -

yeah ...probably , i was more on about ilk then mates/kin ....:thumbsup: you have to admit racial abuse on social media is a trap for racist fools but for them to do it on the strength of a poor performance on a playstation game is , well .....right out there.

perhaps the original statement from the liverpool fan re supporting manure was also tongue in cheek...:wink:

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Perhaps I missed it but does anyone know why we had two keepers on the bench? Why not Izzy?

So we could send three keepers up seeking an equalizer from a last minute corner. Happily, we went for the option of out playing the PL champions.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And another one - from the Guardian

"Finally, can we have a little bit of perspective regarding Brighton's/ Graham Potter's tactics Please? playing 11 men behind the ball and flooding the six yard box with players is hardly a Master class nor a sign of a tactical genius. it worked last night so therefore everyone who was watching will say it was justified, I just hope you're all as generous when he tries this next time and it doesn't work, like I said, it's all about perspective, If it was Tony Pulis or Colin, it would be derided as "Anti Football", but that only seems relevant when it depends on who's adapting these tactics"

There are some really bitter and twisted Scousers out there :lolol::lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
And another one - from the Guardian

"Finally, can we have a little bit of perspective regarding Brighton's/ Graham Potter's tactics Please? playing 11 men behind the ball and flooding the six yard box with players is hardly a Master class nor a sign of a tactical genius. it worked last night so therefore everyone who was watching will say it was justified, I just hope you're all as generous when he tries this next time and it doesn't work, like I said, it's all about perspective, If it was Tony Pulis or Colin, it would be derided as "Anti Football", but that only seems relevant when it depends on who's adapting these tactics"

There are some really bitter and twisted Scousers out there :lolol::lolol:

I dont give a sh*t.

Still buzzing. Watched the extended highlights 2x this morning, the BHAFC tweet on the goal 3x and MOTD clip 2x.

IDGAF.

:albion2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have always found the scousers who actually attend Anfield to be fair, knowledgeable, and generous in their praise of our club.
The ‘fans’ who watch at home, in whatever part of the World that maybe, and get their football angst out of their system on social media, not so much.
Every time I have been to Anfield, going back as far as 83, I always thought the real Liverpool fans have a soft spot for us. I may be wrong, but that has always been the impression I’ve got.

Whoops.
c8f022489aa2121b731e8d5809758e85.jpg

What a massive c*nt. I was removed from our work chat today, for suggesting Foden should be in the England squad, because I said it after he scored and the bitter Liverpool fan, my boss, thought I was saying it to wind him up, quite clearly, I wasn't.

Oh well, childish. Never met a grown man who supports a football team, gives banter, cant take it, then literally throws his toys out of the pram when they go on a bad run and lose...oh wait, that's like with most Liverpool fans. Always making excuses and whining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here