Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Perhaps I missed it but does anyone know why we had two keepers on the bench? Why not Izzy?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Perhaps I missed it but does anyone know why we had two keepers on the bench? Why not Izzy?

No one knows for certain but it’s likely whoever was due to be on the bench (Propper? Izzy?) picked up an injury or was ill after travelling so we named McGill on the bench as he was the only other player that travelled. It gives a young player some experience of the match day rather than naming just 8 subs and leaving him sitting in the stands watching.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I didn’t appreciate in real time how lovely the build up play was for our goal. Shouldn’t be surprised to be fair. All from our own half.

[tweet]1357119388088958983[/tweet]

Thanks for posting that. I wondered earlier how many players had been involved in the build up when compared to the seven at Leeds. I make it eight in that clip - but not sure what happened just before it!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a shame for the supporters that go to many away games. That would have been a trip remembered for life

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Thanks for posting that. I wondered earlier how many players had been involved in the build up when compared to the seven at Leeds. I make it eight in that clip - but not sure what happened just before it!

That's the mission for someone.

Go back and find the real start of the move

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Did anyone else find it surprising that Swiss Andy came on last night instead of Percy? Both are energetic runners. I wonder if Swiss Andy is ahead of Percy in Potter's thinking/ranking of our forward options.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My only sadness about a move as glorious as that, and a goal as important as that, is that I now find it hard to jump up with the same spontaneous delight and celebration we always used to when the ball hit the net.

A part of me is stuck looking at the screen waiting to see if there's a VAR review to come. Even holding my breath till the score graphic in the top corner actually ticks over or not. Football has lost so much.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Did anyone else find it surprising that Swiss Andy came on last night instead of Percy? Both are energetic runners. I wonder if Swiss Andy is ahead of Percy in Potter's thinking/ranking of our forward options.

Better for defending corners. Better for harrying their defenders

But he did ok in that little cameo.

I've a sneaky feeling he may start at Turf Moor

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe Izqueirdo isn't travelling to away games - given it is a day wasted up there and a day wasted the day after - might be better to keep him at the training ground with a proper fitness program to get him back to strength

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There have been bitter comments from Liverpool fans on various forums and social media sites but this one takes the prize:

"There is no doubt about how lucky Brighton were... They absolutely didn't deserve to win. I wonder how Brighton fans must feel watching their team park a bus and not play football at all... Is that what you want from your team, Brighton fans? Clearly the luck wasn't with us, nor was the referee.. The referee must have been given a blank cheque from Man City... I really really hope that the anti-football Brighton are relegated for the sake of football."

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There have been bitter comments from Liverpool fans on various forums and social media sites but this one takes the prize:

"There is no doubt about how lucky Brighton were... They absolutely didn't deserve to win. I wonder how Brighton fans must feel watching their team park a bus and not play football at all... Is that what you want from your team, Brighton fans? Clearly the luck wasn't with us, nor was the referee.. The referee must have been given a blank cheque from Man City... I really really hope that the anti-football Brighton are relegated for the sake of football."

:lol: Now ive read some bitter shit in my time... but that!?!?? Please link where that’s from?

Sounds like something you could copy and paste for any Palace or Burnley game though...!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I've seen quite a few of those sort of comments from Liverpool fans on various social media and they've been resolutely shouted down by Brighton fans and fans of other teams. Most point out that the person who posted them either didn't watch the game or doesn't have a clue about football (or are extremely bitter and sore losers). A lot seem to point to the fact that despite "parking the bus" Brighton created more chances than Liverpool last night.

Unfortunately I think this means we are starting to show up on various radar systems now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Liverpool? Who are dey?
Exactly!
Now give us me ****ing milk.....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
:lol: Now ive read some bitter shit in my time... but that!?!?? Please link where that’s from?

Sounds like something you could copy and paste for any Palace or Burnley game though...!

That was from the Daily Mail reader comments. TBF, he was shouted down by several readers about it

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

:lol: Pathetic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm afraid though when it comes to delusional Liverpool fans posting crap online I've yet to see anything better than a time when Man City beat Everton in a title race between the two and on their forum some muppet demanded the clubs AND THEIR FANS all be investigated for match fixing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here