Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nope, in Pershore this weekend

This thread is brought to you from the Isle of Wight this morning. I'm going to have to find somewhere in Cowes that's showing the game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Using up some free bets on this one. 22/1? Got to be worth a tenners worth of free bets

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Liverpool's style is absolute kryptonite to us. We can't even deal with the cut price Klopp at Huddersfield let alone the genuine article. We got absolutely walloped home and away last season and I can't really see it being any different this time round. Anything under 4-0 will do me.

I know he's not going to but it would be nice to give Ali J and Bissouma a start or at least a decent chunk of the second half. Start would be better though.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Extra good effort for getting the thread done then. :albion2:

Cheers, man. I've managed it from a bender in a Welsh valley before so an hotel on the IoW didn't pose too much of a problem.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just about to set off.

Memories of the North stand singing “you’ve come all this way, just to lose, just to lose”.....

......but you never know!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Our crest is too big. Were loose.

Fixed, with a topical element:

Liverpool-Hip-Flask.jpg

brighton--hove-albion-fc-crest-hip-flask.jpg

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Just about to set off.

......but you never know!

I remember travelling (pre pre Internet/Mobile phone) to 'that' game all those years ago, thinking exactly the same thoughts! And, it happened! We had beaten Liverpool at Anfield and the Kop gave our players a fantastic reception.

Miracles can happen. :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Liverpool's style is absolute kryptonite to us. We can't even deal with the cut price Klopp at Huddersfield let alone the genuine article. We got absolutely walloped home and away last season and I can't really see it being any different this time round. Anything under 4-0 will do me.

I know he's not going to but it would be nice to give Ali J and Bissouma a start or at least a decent chunk of the second half. Start would be better though.

This - we are rubbish away from home, and we don't like playing against teams that press us. We usually do quite well ('quite well' as in not getting tonked) against the top teams because they rely more on their skill and ability; we can - to a point - deal with that. Liverpool, however, have the skill and talent but also press ferociously and fast. As you say, Kryptonite. Hopefully, when they get to four they'll ease off a bit - anything less than 4-0 will be a result for us!

Klopp is being very nice about us on SSN - very impressed with what CH is doing, will be a hard game and all that. He even looks as if he means it! Bet him and his team are just licking their chops really!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This - we are rubbish away from home, and we don't like playing against teams that press us. We usually do quite well ('quite well' as in not getting tonked) against the top teams because they rely more on their skill and ability; we can - to a point - deal with that. Liverpool, however, have the skill and talent but also press ferociously and fast. As you say, Kryptonite. Hopefully, when they get to four they'll ease off a bit - anything less than 4-0 will be a result for us!

Klopp is being very nice about us on SSN - very impressed with what CH is doing, will be a hard game and all that. He even looks as if he means it! Bet him and his team are just licking their chops really!

Hopefully they are. Any complacency in this division and you can come unstuck.

I'm expecting nothing but a defeat but as others have said, it's a free hit. So let's have a go and see what happens. It's football, you never know........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hopefully they are. Any complacency in this division and you can come unstuck.

I'm expecting nothing but a defeat but as others have said, it's a free hit. So let's have a go and see what happens. It's football, you never know........

Like you, I am clutching at straws to find something positive about our chances. The straw I am clutching is that at least Liverpool won't have the benefit of Dunk's goals this time........

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
No consideration regarding Montoya and Balagon who have done it all before then? I’m not so sure Klopp is as confident as some of you think. Hard game but I won’t be writing us off just yet.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but defenders who haven't scored for ages often seem to get two in consecutive matches, so I've stuck a couple quid on Duffman to score anytime @19/1

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was there last time we won at Anfield, Feb 1983, and the pundits did not give us a chance then either. I fully expect to lose today but I will have a punt, 1-0 to the Albion.

What a start to the season that would be huh?

I was there the year before when we won 1-0 6th March 1982 and for the cup game a year later

2-1 Brighton today

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No consideration regarding Montoya and Balagon who have done it all before then? I’m not so sure Klopp is as confident as some of you think. Hard game but I won’t be writing us off just yet.

Schelotto had also done it all before, but that didn't stop him looking like a teenager who'd won a competition for a place in the starting line up last time we played at Anfield.

Personally, my expectations for this one are immensely low, and I'm regarding anything less than a 4-0 defeat as a triumph which should result in the award of three points by the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here