Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

el punal

Schelotto had also done it all before, but that didn't stop him looking like a teenager who'd won a competition for a place in the starting line up last time we played at Anfield.

Personally, my expectations for this one are immensely low, and I'm regarding anything less than a 4-0 defeat as a triumph which should result in the award of three points by the Premier League.

If only!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am slightly more heartened by the fact that Schelotto won't be playing (I even feel a bit mean for saying that, as he is a right character, but there's no middle ground with him. He was either brilliant or comically bad). Montoya did well last week and hopefully Balogun has the pace that Duffy (and probably Dunk) doesn't, so that's something hopeful.

Incidentally, did anybody else find themselves mixing up Montoya and Duffy last week? I remember seeing an Albion defender running off after a ball with Lukaku in hot pursuit last weekend, fearing for the inevitable loss of possession, then suddenly being amazed at Shane's apparent new turn of pace. Only after he controlled it, turned beautifully and laid the ball off carefully to a team mate did I realise that it was in fact Montoya. Not helped by Montoya wearing Duffy's old number.

Maybe my eyes are going :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liverpool's style is absolute kryptonite to us. We can't even deal with the cut price Klopp at Huddersfield let alone the genuine article. We got absolutely walloped home and away last season and I can't really see it being any different this time round. Anything under 4-0 will do me.

I know he's not going to but it would be nice to give Ali J and Bissouma a start or at least a decent chunk of the second half. Start would be better though.

Absolutely this. I fully expect us to finish above Huddersfield this season and yet I fully expect them to beat us at least once if not twice. We can’t handle the high press.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Been a bad day today so far , went in the Cliftonville and NO Full ENGLISH as grill broken. They said I could have EGGS Benny something or Scrambled EGGS. I nearly LOST it there and then and I showed self restrain to walk OUT without smashing the PLAICE to bits.

That means we will end up like the EGGS earlier, scrambled and on the end of A hiding

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I’ve just been reading the Daily Telegraph preview. The Albion are 14/1 to win and Liverpool are 1/6. With the readers predictions we have 6% chance of taking the 3 points. Expect the unexpected?

We're quoted as 20-1 in the Guardian :ohmy: For a single game between two teams in the same league that's some odds!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am slightly more heartened by the fact that Schelotto won't be playing (I even feel a bit mean for saying that, as he is a right character, but there's no middle ground with him. He was either brilliant or comically bad). Montoya did well last week and hopefully Balogun has the pace that Duffy (and probably Dunk) doesn't, so that's something hopeful.

Incidentally, did anybody else find themselves mixing up Montoya and Duffy last week? I remember seeing an Albion defender running off after a ball with Lukaku in hot pursuit last weekend, fearing for the inevitable loss of possession, then suddenly being amazed at Shane's apparent new turn of pace. Only after he controlled it, turned beautifully and laid the ball off carefully to a team mate did I realise that it was in fact Montoya. Not helped by Montoya wearing Duffy's old number.

Well they are of very similar build and height :facepalm:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Liverpool's style is absolute kryptonite to us. We can't even deal with the cut price Klopp at Huddersfield let alone the genuine article. We got absolutely walloped home and away last season and I can't really see it being any different this time round. Anything under 4-0 will do me.

I know he's not going to but it would be nice to give Ali J and Bissouma a start or at least a decent chunk of the second half. Start would be better though.

I was looking at the gegenpressing: it is not that we lose the ball and caught in possession, but under pressure we can't pass it properly, Same effect, we lose the ball. That and conceding from set pieces, and no pace upfront. Trepidations about Montoya and Balogun replacing Bruno and Dunk.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
City drawing isn't good news for us, early chance for Liverpool to go a couple of points above them. On the off chance they weren't up for it, they probably are now

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Anybody had a thought, we just might get something out of today!
Given we beat Manure, even Liverpool can have off days.
Put it this way, it wasn't scheduled to rain yesterday, when we were up the plot yesterday, but as we're about to pack up and walk home, the heavens opened..........

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Yep, who's that number 22?. I'll miss the composure and overlaps of Bruno.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Anybody had a thought, we just might get something out of today!
Given we beat Manure, even Liverpool can have off days.
Put it this way, it wasn't scheduled to rain yesterday, when we were up the plot yesterday, but as we're about to pack up and walk home, the heavens opened..........

No, not really.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The editor of the programme reckons Stephens will impress this season. Good taste.

ED51213F-AEA7-4514-B5B3-1C2333591E1B.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here