Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not stupidly overly confident, I think we will do it but it's a tough old league. £100 is fine

Don't forget to rake the sand so no-one can see the back-tracking :lolol: ask your parents for an advance on your pocket money, they'll praise your entrepreneurial spirit!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Imagine being pleased that your arch rivals have bought a striker who scores a goal every other game in the Premier League. :moo:

I backed him to be top scorer in the Prem last season, he didn't even get close, and you lot have spunked 30 million on him! One of the few things in life where the Scousers cannot claim to be the victims.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't forget to rake the sand so no-one can see the back-tracking :lolol:

Backtracking? What backtracking?

Top 10 beckons mate, I'll enjoy it, don't you worry!

We came top 10 in 14/15 under Pardew, why can't it be done again? Tough but not unrealistic

I bet you £100 we finish top 12 if we get CB. Loser pays REMF

Not stupidly overly confident, I think we will do it but it's a tough old league.

Oh yes...that backtracking.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
Don't forget to rake the sand so no-one can see the back-tracking :lolol: ask your parents for an advance on your pocket money, they'll praise your entrepreneurial spirit!

How am I back tracking. I'm doing a bet with Chucky, I'm not made of money, there's a reasonable chance I'll lose it as 12th is not easy in the Prem. You are the one back tracking if anyone as you never answered my question about Knockart, Kayal, Dunk and Murray getting into our team, over who exactly??

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've taken the bet so no it's not

You went from declaring that top 10 beckons to top 10 being tough but not realistic to super confident enough to make a £100 bet on them finishing at least 12th to saying that you're not superly overconfident in a tough league when someone called you out on the bet. But you're probably right. It only looks like backtracking.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Christian Benteke's only 25 and his career has started to dwindle. Poor bloke - it looked so bright for him not so long ago.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
You went from declaring that top 10 beckons to top 10 being tough but not realistic to super confident enough to make a £100 bet on them finishing at least 12th to saying that you're not superly overconfident in a tough league when someone called you out on the bet. But you're probably right. It only looks like backtracking.

The top 10 was tounge in cheek. I simply refused a 2nd bet as I am not made of money and I have every intention of paying if I loss. I think you're on a wind up mate. Well done with all those post quotes by the way, must have taken you a little while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here