Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This is a good deal for Palace. Getting Benteke for the same price that they sold Bolasie, give or take, is an improvement to their overall squad.
Bolasie is overated, most of his crosses flew straight out so they did really well getting that sort of money for him. Great business. Benteke did well at Villa a couple of years ago, but was largely ineffective in a better team at Liverpool. Perhaps he needs a shit team to perform, in which case palace may have signed a gem.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
The fact you've got Soare in LB says it all ;lolol: he's got the turning circle of a battleship. realistically? Knockaert, Dunk (you wanted him, don't forget that), Kayal & Murray (remember him? He got your promoted, back when you were against modern football).

Are you seriously trying to suggest that GLENN F*CKING MURRAY is as good as Christian Benteke? I love Glenn and always will, but at the peak of his career he was an average PL striker. Benteke is 25 and averages a goal every other game in the PL.

Anyone seriously suggesting than Murray, Knockeart, Dunk and Kayal are on the same level as Benteke, Townsend, Dann and Cabaye is in serious need of mental help.

Bolasie is overated, most of his crosses flew straight out so they did really well getting that sort of money for him. Great business. Benteke did well at Villa a couple of years ago, but was largely ineffective in a better team at Liverpool. Perhaps he needs a shit team to perform, in which case palace may have signed a gem.

Even in his bit part role at Liverpool he still maintained a ratio of a goal every other game.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Personally I'm delighted Palace have jizzed their Bolasie cash on Benteke because personally, I think he's gash (relatively) and at that fee the Nigels have paid around £18-20m too much for him.

Pleasing. Very pleasing indeed.

Imagine being pleased that your arch rivals have bought a striker who scores a goal every other game in the Premier League. :moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine being pleased that your arch rivals have bought a striker who previously scored a goal every other game in the Premier League. :moo:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Are you seriously trying to suggest that GLENN F*CKING MURRAY is as good as Christian Benteke? I love Glenn and always will, but at the peak of his career he was an average PL striker. Benteke is 25 and averages a goal every other game in the PL.

Anyone seriously suggesting than Murray, Knockeart, Dunk and Kayal are on the same level as Benteke, Townsend, Dann and Cabaye is in serious need of mental help.

Even in his bit part role at Liverpool he still maintained a ratio of a goal every other game.

If Benteke was actually any good do you think he would be playing for you?

You seem to be building a team of players that have flattered to deceive. Surprised you aren't linked with Sterling too.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Imagine being pleased that your arch rivals have bought a striker who scores a goal every other game in the Premier League. :moo:

You've haven't bought him yet. Crikey, seems you lot *do* need explaining how transfers work...

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
If Benteke was actually any good do you think he would be playing for you?

You seem to be building a team of players that have flattered to deceive. Surprised you aren't linked with Sterling too.

4th year in Prem. So we are an established Prem club now whether you like it or not!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You've haven't bought him yet. Crikey, seems you lot *do* need explaining how transfers work...

and he certainly hasn't scored any goals for palace.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
As I said earlier in the thread, if my team had benefitted from not paying their debts twice, I wouldn't be gloating so much on rivals forums and have over 2,500 posts on there.

I'm hardly gloating, just passing on the info.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if he'll be as good as Adebayor.

What a signing THAT turned out to be. Pardew certainly has an eye for a striker doesn't he.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
We won tons of games of football in the first half of the season with a weaker team than that (5th on Dec 19th) We then got decimated by injuries yet still made the cup final. But don't let the facts get in the way of your deluded views.

Which you should have won, but f#cked it up

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They've done well to attract one of Liverpool's reserves, Benteke will enjoy being the big fish again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here