Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool reject Palace's offer for Benteke because....

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I came on here to discuss Benteke. Most of you were saying he's sh*t, I disagreed and showed you stats to prove otherwise.

You've shown nothing. You can go now, come back when he's actually signed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ffs! Can't the mods move this boring thread somewhere else? I'm fed up with seeing it at the top of the list of threads whenever I go to NSC!

The player is apparently moving/has moved from Liverpool to Crystal Palace. That is of no interest to Brighton whatsoever - perhaps we could shove this thread out on a season long loan to one or other of their websites?

Ffs! Can't the mods move this boring thread somewhere else? I'm fed up with seeing it at the top of the list of threads whenever I go to NSC!

The player is apparently moving/has moved from Liverpool to Crystal Palace. That is of no interest to Brighton whatsoever - perhaps we could shove this thread out on a season long loan to one or other of their websites?

Yeah must be annoying but some of you do keep starting Palace related threads almost everyday:ffsparr:
Perhaps it's time for an Away or even a solely Palace banter forum page Bozza?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I came on here to discuss Benteke. Most of you were saying he's sh*t, I disagreed and showed you stats to prove otherwise.

**** off. If you honestly think that there's one Brighton fan on here that believes you're here to 'discuss' Benteke then you're a bigger bell cheese than I originally thought. It's a transfer that does not involve the Albion, in any way, you're simply using this thread as a portal to wave your willy around.

CAN A MOD PLEASE PUT THIS THREAD ELSEWHERE.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yeah must be annoying but some of you do keep starting Palace related threads almost everyday:ffsparr:
Perhaps it's time for an Away or even a solely Palace banter forum page Bozza?

When you say "almost every day", do you actually mean barely once a month, which you lot incessantly keep active?

I guess I have now contributed to that aswell, bugger. :flounce:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Good post, but incorrect re Murray, we did not sell him, we did not offer him the contract he wanted so we put our money on Craig Mackell Smith, which at the time was in the view of most Brighton fans a good deal. Think at the time Palace would have taken CMS over Murray, in hindsight not a great decision by Gus.

On Pardew, my Palace mates agree with you, they can't stand him(apparently the players call
Him chocolate as he loves himself so much he could lick himself if he could).

Well you watch Palace more than us and respect your opinion, but my mate who is a Palace fan reckon this is the worst team and player attitude for a number of years and has put quite a bit of money on them going down and told me to do the same. All i know is that you were very poor second half of season and not really improved your team yet, so forgetting the rivalry thing, think at this time is stasticslly a very tempting bet and the bookies agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did mean when we sold him.

I don't think our team is that poor, I just think they are badly led. I agree the team spirit is poor, but then again that filters down from the manager and I lay the blame for that firmly at his door. I still don't think we will be relegated and I'm about as pessimistic as they come at the minute. Benteke is a great striker, so I think his goals will see us safe.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
if you stay up it's money well spent, while it's a huge amount of money it's almost par for Premier clubs.
I've heard the squad aren't happy with the departure of Jedinak, that said a few I know feel his time is up and time to move on.
With reference to Pardew ignoring him as a person the jury is out as he hasn't really achieved long term anywhere.

Jedinak was the captain and leader, to be fair he was worth having around just to make the odd cameo appearance. When your backs are to the wall there is no one better.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Half the posts from you lot, and the other half us asking for the thread to be moved with some ****ery in between.

Sorry buts thats crap, there is maybe five posts asking for the thread to be moved. Maybe ten posts discussing Benteke/palace and the rest is bollocks

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No, just that your examples of bigger rival fixtures are shocking. I'd say these are all much bigger:

Liverpool v United
Brum v Villa
City v United
Arsenal v Tottenham
Liverpool v Everton
Man Utd v City
Man Utd v Leeds
Sheff Wed v Utd
Pompey v Saints is also incredibly hostile considering how rarely they've played each other down the years.

In terms of how keenly it is felt, Albion v Palace is probably on a par with Watford v Luton or Oxford v Swindon I'd say - although obviously it attracts far bigger crowds than both of those matches these days.

Millwall v West Ham

Anyway give plucky Palarse their dues, they've done well as the smallest London club in the Prem to last four years, bless 'em. Perhaps they'll start to build some infrastructure within the next decade.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
'Better fans'........if you are an example of a better fan, then not too sure about that comment. You are fans of a another football team, does not make you better or worse than any other clubs fans. All clubs have different style of fans, good, bad, plastic, facts are we are all the same, also fact is we have more fans than Palace, so actually we might have more bad fans than you..point taken. Danny Baker once described Palace fans ' as the scruffy, snotty nosed kid that sits at the back of the class and non one likes him, but he does well and nobody understands why he does well in exams, after doing sod all during the term' think that maybe a good description of your bad fans. Also to take into the discussion, we don't have a drummer, goal music, silly banner displays, Ultras in hoodies, fans that through bottles at players, or do cut throat gestures at their own manager, but apart from that you have better fans than us, priceless.

Last edited:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I see the Mensa members are out in full force. 2-0, admin :bla: :bla: :bla: THIRTY THREE pages.

Really, are you honestly surprised that some folk on here take exception to you and your cronies coming on to a BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION board and start giving it the biggun' about players you're signing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here