Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I live in Lancs and as a My Albion member it's definitely been much more difficult to get an away ticket than pre-pandemic. I managed a Burnley ticket but both Brentford and Norwich were sold out before I got a sniff. No doubt Liverpool will be the same.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would dearly love to know how we are going to increase our number of points if we have next to no chance of buying an away ticket.

Burnley was nowhere near sold out, 15 points. Swansea tinpot cup game likewise. Not getting 5 points for a ‘glamour’ game at Liverpool isn’t the main reason why people can’t increase their points - there are plenty of opportunities.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would dearly love to know how we are going to increase our number of points if we have next to no chance of buying an away ticket.

Ignoring Palace and Brentford, all the other games have not sold out on higher tiers, so 75 points available from those games which would have boosted points tally.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
You have to be proactive if you want to get enough loyalty points to get first dibs and the seats you want when the big away games go on sale. We've been to many away games up and down the country for a few years now, only loyalty points built up over these years make it possible to see our beloved Albion at these iconic grounds.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You have to be proactive if you want to get enough loyalty points to get first dibs and the seats you want when the big away games go on sale. We've been to many away games up and down the country for a few years now, only loyalty points built up over these years make it possible to see our beloved Albion at these iconic grounds.

Not sure that is true, pre-pandemic and an average away record, tickets were going right down the tiers for OT, Anfield, Goodison etc. I think a bit of pandemic freedom and desire to get out and about, plus a really decent start has combined to likely make this season's big away games sell out fairly quickly, but that hasn't been the norm.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Not sure that is true, pre-pandemic and an average away record, tickets were going right down the tiers for OT, Anfield, Goodison etc. I think a bit of pandemic freedom and desire to get out and about, plus a really decent start has combined to likely make this season's big away games sell out fairly quickly, but that hasn't been the norm.

Just like how we’re currently packing the Amex to the rafters?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
We barely sold half our allocation to Burnley but if you’ve done that, the Swansea and Leicester cup games then you’ve accumulated 45 points.

Last time we played Liverpool away pre-covid was on a Saturday and we only took 1800. Not sure even out lofty position in the league will change the demand.

Pretty sure the same thing happened in that the club took a reduced allocation, we sold out pretty easily and then there were many fans wanting to go who couldn’t get a ticket.

Burnley looked a lot more than half full, not sure on the numbers though.

Edit: The situation that happened with the Norwich tickets also happened at Liverpool.

Last edited:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I'm sure that's the case.

Whilst an away allocation has to be c3k, a host club is quite within its rights to say "If you take all 3k you have to pay for them" which means the club would have to stump up the cash for any unsold tickets.

So, when this happens, a smaller allocation may be taken with the host club selling what would usually be "the away end" to their own fans.

The club have enough data now from our time in the Premier League to be able to predict likely demand and have some confidence about what allocation they should take.
Well they got it wrong for the Norwich match !

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I was on the border between 2nd and 3rd tiers when we first got promoted and through going to some of the less glamorous ties worked my way into the top tier so it can be done.

The lack of cheap train tickets at the moment might make this difficult for some though.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Well they got it wrong for the Norwich match !

They did indeed . Although i am guessing that they are erring on the side of caution at the moment and can we really blame them for that ?
Of course the trouble is none of us know what the clubs say to each other about away tickets , whether there are reciprocal arrangements ? or whether if you take the full amount you cannot return any ? or if you agree to take less you can only return a certain percentage ? Who knows
Without any info it is very hard to pass judgement but i am quite sure with hindsight the club would have taken more allocation for Norwich had they known it would have sold out before getting to all season ticket holders .
Many more though and it's Ticket Analyst OUT !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here