Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm sure that all those who made the very same journey to Merseyside for the fixture last season were prepared for an almost certain defeat too. But that's far from the way it panned out.

We are a better team this time around, so a bit more reason for optimism, and getting some sort of positive result up there.

:lol::lol:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
:
Selling like hot cakes as I expected. Always a privilege to see our club at one of the true giants of World football. Goosebumps when they sing YNWA and atmosphere is always electric.

:sick::sick::sick::sick: Not even ironically amusing:sick::sick::sick::sick:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Borrowed a ST and was right in the middle of the Kop when Dunk scored that free kick, would love to go in the away end at some point. If anyone gets tickets but can’t go last minute then inbox me, I live 10 minutes from Anfield. UTA.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
There are over 50 restricted view seats available now.

Considering it hasn’t gone on sale to members yet and we’ve got over three weeks until the game, we probably could’ve sold a few hundred more, maybe (400-500) probably not enough for another block though. Who knows? If we beat Norwich and get something out of the Man City game, you would think a few hundred extra would want to go.

The Leicester tickets are selling better than I thought they would, unless some seats have been held back in the two blocks.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
They probably have a very good idea of how many NON season tickets holders buy tickets.

I think that there are quite a few non-STHs who would go to this game, namely MyAlbion+ members who cannot commit to a ST. This includes all the northern exiles, of which there are quite a few. Also there will be more STHs, as we are only halfway through the first day that they have been on sale to STHs with no minimum points.
However, the club probably had no choice of committing to only half of an extra block, so would have to have paid for an extra 700 or so tickets which at this rate they probably would have only sold about half.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think that there are quite a few non-STHs who would go to this game, namely MyAlbion+ members who cannot commit to a ST. This includes all the northern exiles, of which there are quite a few. Also there will be more STHs, as we are only halfway through the first day that they have been on sale to STHs with no minimum points.
However, the club probably had no choice of committing to only half of an extra block, so would have to have paid for an extra 700 or so tickets which at this rate they probably would have only sold about half.

That's the trouble isn't it - they'll never actually know what the latent demand from non-ST holders was. Not sure how they can ever really guess / work it out. I suppose if they took extra blocks and got burnt before? But then again, every year is different.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
They probably have a very good idea of how many NON season tickets holders buy tickets.

And thus how many will be disappointed !
I think maybe you were a little harsh on patchamalbion but fully understand the club's point of view . The truth is we don't what quantity of tickets we were offered or how many different totals were available . Maybe if we did not take the present quantity the next step up may have been another whole block of 900 or so and looking at the sales so far i am guessing we would have been left with a fair few . The only thing we can say for sure is that the sales went further than Norwich .
The whole situation with away tickets is extremely problematic and impossible to please everyone , i hope we can agree on that .
As an example imagine if we were playing Newcastle away in a months time and had agreed to take 1500 tickets ! No chance they would sell

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I think this will be the ticket allocation pattern for northern clubs. On occasions I’ve held back (in tier 2) so as to purchase an additional ticket with a non STH but probably won’t do that again.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think maybe you were a little harsh on patchamalbion but fully understand the club's point of view . The truth is we don't what quantity of tickets we were offered or how many different totals were available . Maybe if we did not take the present quantity the next step up may have been another whole block of 900 or so and looking at the sales so far i am guessing we would have been left with a fair few . The only thing we can say for sure is that the sales went further than Norwich .
The whole situation with away tickets is extremely problematic and impossible to please everyone , i hope we can agree on that .
As an example imagine if we were playing Newcastle away in a months time and had agreed to take 1500 tickets ! No chance they would sell

Don’t we normally take about 1,500 to Newcastle? I’m not sure on the exact numbers, but I always remember being pleasantly surprised when I see the turn out up there. Not sure they’d offer us less, as that’s probably the minimum amount they give.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I think your spot on.

I completely agree there are probably a good 300/400 non season ticket holders who would have wanted to go.

Club probably didn’t want to commit to 800 tickets and only sell half, which is probably a bit harsh on fans from the club but sadly it’s the way it is.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I wasn’t meaning to be, it’s a shame the rules are what they are and how it’s lends itself to almost being a ‘closed shop’ for non season ticket holders. To me this seemed like a good opportunity for those who aren’t STH to get to an away game and get some points. But as ever £££££ rules.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton

More than 40 I reckon?

IF they’ve taken a reduced allocation with this one I think the club have got it wrong. Even if they had previous data this doesn’t consider league position/coming out of lockdown or it being on a Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here