Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Liv golf

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If this tournament is so evil with its links to the Saudi wealth fund that attendance results in being banned for other tournaments, then how did the owners of Newcastle FC pass the fit and proper checks?

…that PL Fit and Proper Person test in full:

EPL One final question. All the other chaps want to be sure that you’re not the sort of chaps that get up to the sort of thing that decent chaps ought not get up to?

PIF We have untold billions to invest.

EPL When can you start?

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Golf virgin, went yesterday and here's what I learned from the day...

1) Free ticket so didn't contribute to the circus

2) Had a £1.99 McD's 1/4lb and chips before going in...Wise move ( cash wise) with cheesy chips the cheapest I saw @ £10.50...No food and drink allowed in

3) Merch £35 a cap and £165 a fleece with plenty buying which leads to....

4) Punters dripping with money...Loads of late teens-mid twenties draped in golf garb and high end designer stuff

5) Sport wise, Very unfulfilling watching golf...Can hardly see the ball after opening shot with no sense of excitement and not much idea what's going on around the course...Followed Mickelson, Johnson and Horsfield who were adored by the followers ( way to go Phill, shot DJ) but were pretty dull tbh ( though my mate got a selfie with DJ and was chuffed )

6) Good points...P&R was brilliant and weather beautiful

Summing up...Glad got a golf day off the bucket list, wouldn't bother going again & never contributed to the Saudis project ( unless 1 more in the crowd for TV purposes gets my hands bloody)...

Give me Speedway, Snooker , Football live any day of the week

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been mentioned.

I note the PGA are banning any player signed up to this sportswashing exercise however are they also going to blacklist any course that supports the rival tour?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought it was embarrassing to see the press conference when some of the golfers were asked if there were any moral issues that would stop them playing in a tournament, they refused to answer.

Clearly, no conscience.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"So we watched as one by one players at the Centurion Club pretended to have sound reasons for joining the breakaway, and then just gave up and effectively said it was for the money. Phil Mickelson looked notably baffled and sweaty, projecting all the calm moral authority of an evangelical Republican presidential candidate squinting into the police cruiser headlights as he’s hauled out of a Las Vegas ditch in a rubber gimp vest."

- Barney Ronay

Quite, QUITE glorious. Say what you want about the Guardian, but they truly have some of the best print journalists in sport. And then there's Marina Hyde as well. Superb writing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Golf has been kind to these players and this is how they repay the sport?

This is right up there with cricket's Allen Stanford Super Series for greed, immorality and stupidity.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
"So we watched as one by one players at the Centurion Club pretended to have sound reasons for joining the breakaway, and then just gave up and effectively said it was for the money. Phil Mickelson looked notably baffled and sweaty, projecting all the calm moral authority of an evangelical Republican presidential candidate squinting into the police cruiser headlights as he’s hauled out of a Las Vegas ditch in a rubber gimp vest."

- Barney Ronay

Quite, QUITE glorious. Say what you want about the Guardian, but they truly have some of the best print journalists in sport. And then there's Marina Hyde as well. Superb writing.

i was genuinely surprised to read that Mickleson has a pretty bad gambling issue and has admitted to blowing over 50 million US dollars on the punt.....:ohmy:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Golf virgin, went yesterday and here's what I learned from the day...

1) Free ticket so didn't contribute to the circus

2) Had a £1.99 McD's 1/4lb and chips before going in...Wise move ( cash wise) with cheesy chips the cheapest I saw @ £10.50...No food and drink allowed in

3) Merch £35 a cap and £165 a fleece with plenty buying which leads to....

4) Punters dripping with money...Loads of late teens-mid twenties draped in golf garb and high end designer stuff

5) Sport wise, Very unfulfilling watching golf...Can hardly see the ball after opening shot with no sense of excitement and not much idea what's going on around the course...Followed Mickelson, Johnson and Horsfield who were adored by the followers ( way to go Phill, shot DJ) but were pretty dull tbh ( though my mate got a selfie with DJ and was chuffed )

6) Good points...P&R was brilliant and weather beautiful

Summing up...Glad got a golf day off the bucket list, wouldn't bother going again & never contributed to the Saudis project ( unless 1 more in the crowd for TV purposes gets my hands bloody)...

Give me Speedway, Snooker , Football live any day of the week
Did anyone actually pay to get in, likewise I was offered free tickets including hospitality as were all the others in my 5 aside football group?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
i was genuinely surprised to read that Mickleson has a pretty bad gambling issue and has admitted to blowing over 50 million US dollars on the punt.....:ohmy:

I genuinely can't remember the details, and can't be arsed to look, but about 10 years ago it came out he was in financial trouble with the people you don't want to be indebted too.

Dunno why but my memory is getting the word 'phones'.

Stay close by as I try and remember some actual detail!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Did anyone actually pay to get in, likewise I was offered free tickets including hospitality as were all the others in my 5 aside football group?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I guess they were all there with freebies...

My mate got them and asked if I wanted to go. I said what day did you get and he said Thursday, Friday and Saturday !

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Screenshot_20220803-214950~2.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here