Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Littler, 16, to prepare for world darts final with omelette and pizza

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Whatever the result tonight it'll interesting what happens to Luke Littler in regards to The Premier League picks. He thinks the PDC will keep him out of it as it would be too gruelling for him, but Sky Sports must want him in it big time.
I was thinking this.

It would be hard for the PDC to leave him out. Darts hasn't had this much media attention since the Crafty Cockney was in his pomp.

It would be a tough choice to leave him out for, say, Aspinall or Clayton

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I guess it's because they're not actual robots, though the way they consistently hit T20 and their doubles is robotic at times.

This a good read on the pursuit of perfection in darts as well as other sports - NYT Darts

(you may be able to get round the paywall by opening it in an incognito tab or using archive/12 ft etc)
I was only saying to my son last night that surely they can invent a robot that hits its chosen target every single time?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Whatever the result tonight it'll interesting what happens to Luke Littler in regards to The Premier League picks. He thinks the PDC will keep him out of it as it would be too gruelling for him, but Sky Sports must want him in it big time.
There's surely no way they don't pick him. There is a level of interest in darts I've never known, even my wife's mates were whatsapping each other last night. It will give PL darts the shot in the arm it needs

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was only saying to my son last night that surely they can invent a robot that hits its chosen target every single time?
Having watched Luke Humphries' semi-final last night, I'm not convinced that they haven't!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Reminds me of the lads near me on the train home last night who were having a 'heated debate' about how hard a nine darter is. Answer - almost everyone on this board would struggle to hit one single 180 in the pub with no one watching.

If you can be bothered to go back through his twitter feed Wayne Mardle took on the snooker crowd a while back saying a nine darter was harder than a 147 break. Now in my opinion that seems like a load of old bollocks but the numbers he produced about the number of televised nine darters achieved compared to televised 147s did support his claim.

Bringing it back on topic the lad can eat what he wants as far as I'm concerned as long as he keeping slinging like he has been. It's been marvelous to watch. If Humphries plays like he did last night then he certainly won't brush him aside like he has everyone else so far. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I wonder if Phil Taylor, even in his prime would have got past either of them last night? I think the bar has been raised recently in darts.
I know it's not Littler's fault, but that comment is typical of the hype around him at the moment. Of course Taylor would have beaten him in his prime. Even in his twighlight years when his game dipped, Taylor would still have beaten him.

Taylor was the undenial GOAT. 85 major titles, 16 times world champion, he was world number 1 for 13 years.

I get fed up with the hype around Littler, comments on the bbc about him "changing darts". How has he changed it? He hasn't even won this tournament yet.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I know it's not Littler's fault, but that comment is typical of the hype around him at the moment. Of course Taylor would have beaten him in his prime. Even in his twighlight years when his game dipped, Taylor would still have beaten him.

Taylor was the undenial GOAT. 85 major titles, 16 times world champion, he was world number 1 for 13 years.

I get fed up with the hype around Littler, comments on the bbc about him "changing darts". How has he changed it? He hasn't even won this tournament yet.
Cheer up mate. It's always great to see a new contender literally burst on to the scene and shake things up, especially when so young. Also great for us that he's a Brit. ps. Having said that I want the other Luke to win.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Cheer up mate. It's always great to see a new contender literally burst on to the scene and shake things up, especially when so young. Also great for us that he's a Brit. ps. Having said that I want the other Luke to win.
Sorry for going off on one. He has done incredibly well. Just the hype bugs me. I should probably just stop being cranky.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

You must hate the hype around RDZ and the Albion, then?!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Given the recent stories regarding perfectly legal relationships which the press have deemed worthy of destroying the famous one (Schofield, Hugh Edwards) how do we all think the press would react if he was 21 and his girlfriend 16? or if he was 16 and his partner was a 21 yr old male?

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
You must hate the hype around RDZ and the Albion, then?!
No, and i think thats a bit of a leap on your part.
But I think it's funny that you mention that, because I do think at the moment saying things like Littler would beat Taylor at his peak, is very much like saying Brighton's season last year makes them the greatest team of all time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
No, and i think thats a bit of a leap on your part.
But I think it's funny that you mention that, because I do think at the moment saying things like Littler would beat Taylor at his peak, is very much like saying Brighton's season last year makes them the greatest team of all time.
Taylor at his peak was unplayable.

The only dart player ever to hit two nine darters in one match.

He dominated the sport for years. Of course he still lost matches during his reign, Littler 'could' have beaten Taylor during that time period, but over a period of time I'd be backing Taylor to win the majority of those matches

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's a teenager who can handle big crowds.

Can he play right back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here