Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Little man syndrome?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Probably his best action was to modernise the way a Speaker dressed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Can't say I noticed.

Former tory who was tolerated as speaker, then crosses the house and the likes of PotG come steaming in when he's villified?

Who could possibly have guessed? :drool:

Meanwhile, Johnson, Patel and the other filth?....???

I didn’t know he had joined the Labour Party. I do remember he was very popular on NSC for a while. Can’t remember the reason..

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
It illustrates the perils of liking or disliking someone because of their political views. NSC is full of personal vendatas being pursued for exactly this reason.

Indeed, it all got very toxic on here in 2016. Admittedly I got swept along on this wave of venom, try to keep out of all the squabbling now, we’re not going to change anyone’s point of view.[emoji2371]

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But he is a Labour politician and has been for the last couple of years, albeit now administratively suspended by them and facing a Labour enquiry.

No, he's been a member of the Labour party for less than a year after he stopped being a politician.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn’t know he had joined the Labour Party. I do remember he was very popular on NSC for a while. Can’t remember the reason..

Making life difficult for certain tory MPs during PMQT, I would imagine. And being a Remainer. And having Brexitty tory MPs frothing to have him removed. He was 'liked' on NSC before he was accused of being a pompous bullying nob.

I've always found him most peculiar.

I'm suprised that you don't remember any of that, yet recall him being 'popular' on NSC. He was a totem of the more enthusiastic Brexit vs Remain exchanges, that's all.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Making life difficult for certain tory MPs during PMQT, I would imagine. And being a Remainer. And having Brexitty tory MPs frothing to have him removed. He was 'liked' on NSC before he was accused of being a pompous bullying nob.

I'm suprised that you don't remember any of that, yet recall him being 'popular' on NSC. He was a totem of the more enthusiastic Brexit vs Remain exchanges, that's all.

Absolutely, he was very much the poster boy of the anti democracy brigade on here, now we know why.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'm not convinced by the accusations but time will tell.

He certainly held politicians to the parliamentary rules especially when the current government tried to stretch them like proroguing Parliament. As said previously. Betty Boothroyd used to shout at politicians in the Chamber too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But he is a Labour politician and has been for the last couple of years, albeit now administratively suspended by them and facing a Labour enquiry.

Oswald Mosely was a labour MP before he left to become a fascist, but this allows anti-labour to use Mosely as an old stick with which to beat labour.

I suspect that with their usual chutzpa, anti-labour will seize on the former MP, Berkow, having left the tories and joined labour (as an ordinary member, less than a year ago), then being suspended by labour for being declared a liar and bully back when he had been a tory MP and speaker of the house, by a commons committee who hate him, as a new stick with which to beat labour.

Meanwhile, whatabout Corbyn, and Boris is doing an excellent job under difficult circumstances.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was looking to see which ref this referred to. I didn't expect a Labour politician, albeit a hardly surprising one.
No need to be surprised, for the timing of the enquiry he was a Conservative.
Most would agree he was Labour in Conservative clothing.
I wouldn't
No, he's been a member of the Labour party for less than a year after he stopped being a politician.

Maybe you should have stuck with "we all know he's labour really" because it's so much harder to rebut with simple facts :lolol:

He was the Speaker FFS, his party is completely irrelevant to this.

So this is descending into yet another partisan party political mud-slinging row on which neither side will ever agree, rather than just about an pretty unpleasant high profile man who on the face of the evidence so far appears to have been a workplace bully?

Another thread to avoid I guess
It illustrates the perils of liking or disliking someone because of their political views. NSC is full of personal vendatas being pursued for exactly this reason.

I see what you two mean :rolleyes:

(And I'll bet someone hasn't been able to resist more partisan crap in the time it's taken me to write this :wink:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not convinced by the accusations but time will tell.

He certainly held politicians to the parliamentary rules especially when the current government tried to stretch them like proroguing Parliament. As said previously. Betty Boothroyd used to shout at politicians in the Chamber too.

I didn't wish to weaken my position by declaring that I don't believe the accusations, and that certain of his behaviours have been exaggerated for purposes of revenge. As you say, time will tell.

I should add that in case there is confusion (I even thought this myself), Berkow never 'crossed the floor' but, having completed his stint as speaker, he left parliament. He claimed, last summer, to have joined labour as an ordinary member. I don't recall any clamour back then (indeed I am not sure I was even aware of it, and if I had been it would have triggered no more than a monentary snigger).

I greatly dislike bullying in the workplace and now that this parliamentary committee has reached a verdict I look forward to Berkow being properly prosecuted in a court of law in a class action brought, with the support of parliament, by all those he abused.

Someone please bounce this post when the court case is announced.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe you should have stuck with "we all know he's labour really" because it's so much harder to rebut with simple facts :lolol:

He was the Speaker FFS, his party is completely irrelevant to this.

I see what you two mean :rolleyes:

(And I'll bet someone hasn't been able to resist more partisan crap in the time it's taken me to write this :wink:)

I know it must of come as a real shock to you but seeing as the owner of this site publicly described you as

‘ one of those
that makes running this site far less fun
than it used to be’,

I’m struggling to see what possible benefit you could have possibly hoped to garner from your post [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here