Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Little man syndrome?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Disappointed that he has not taken any of this on the chin, I can imagine him being forceful, he is no shrinking violet. I suspect some aspects have been trumped up a bit, but that always happens when you try and prove a pattern of behaviour, all the stuff you might otherwise have expected people to just let go, then gets added in. Obviously got a bit of an ego, but by and large I thought him a decent speaker at a difficult time, where the numbers in the HoC meant all sorts of shenanigans were going on to get stuff passed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Disappointed that he has not taken any of this on the chin, I can imagine him being forceful, he is no shrinking violet. I suspect some aspects have been trumped up a bit, but that always happens when you try and prove a pattern of behaviour, all the stuff you might otherwise have expected people to just let go, then gets added in. Obviously got a bit of an ego, but by and large I thought him a decent speaker at a difficult time, where the numbers in the HoC meant all sorts of shenanigans were going on to get stuff passed.

I preferred his predecessors all the way back to the brilliant George Thomas.

Impartial on every issue, with total respect from the Commons.

The all about me Bercow Show got steadily worse over time. A bit like a shit ref, with a bias.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Banned from the house for being a serial liar, fancy that and our Gav gets a knighthood

What a week...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
5667FC0E-6D37-49D1-A1E3-735973979098.jpeg

I think that’s unfair. Baker lite has been the model of politeness in recent weeks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bercow.

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

Cost this country a lot of money.

I am beginning to think that some posters on this thread think he was a labour mp :facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is popular on NSC…

Can't say I noticed.

Former tory who was tolerated as speaker, then crosses the house and the likes of PotG come steaming in when he's villified?

Who could possibly have guessed? :drool:

Meanwhile, Johnson, Patel and the other filth?....???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bercow was also a member of the Monday Club as a young man, a right wing pressure group among Tory MPs that is anti non whit, immigration.

Exactly, odd ball Tory MP with a particularly undistinguished career on the backbenchers. Only came to public attention after bringing a bit of theatre to parliament.

He never "crossed the house", simply joined the Labour Party after retiring from which is now suspended.

OP, he's one of your own.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I wouldn't even bother asking. Not all but a vast number of traditional Tory voters are in denial about how their party was split right down the middle on the subject of leaving the EU.

That's now history, but in the here and now the party has re-invented itself as neo-liberal (on Trumpian lines) and isn't the party they either supported or ever voted for.

They try to invent a few myths about them being a continuation of the Thatcher era, but anyone with a degree of intelligence knows that Thatcher wouldn't have any of this lot anywhere near the cabinet.

The democratic tragedy is the other side had Wolfie Smith in charge at the time. Time will fix this, but in this moment it isn't the centre ground that is politically homeless, it's the traditional Tory voter.

They just haven't realised it yet.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Just doing his best, deserves a second chance etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here