Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Lions tour of South Africa

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You sense this is going to properly explode at some point………really simmering…….be surprised if there isn’t a red soon

I can't see 30 players still on the pitch by the end

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good half for the Lions. Attritional rugby, not pretty but some arm wrestle going on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Try Saffers

11-9

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's ugly, it's close and it's tense. Stop- start from the word go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Awful half from the Lions.

Aerial battle, and Watson hasn't caught a thing all day, Hogg mediocre, the replacements haven't worked (Farrell apart).

South Africa haven't given the Lions an inch today.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really disappointed after a good first half. Out thought, out coached and outplayed in the second half. We were absolute shite second half.

2nd controversial try was the killer

Positive is that next weekend is now a must watch

No idea how De Klerk stayed on the pitch with that block in the second half

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
South Africa's boss Rassie Erasmus has released an hour long video micro analysing the first test showing how they got a bad deal from the officials.

WTF

Seems to have worked.

TBF the Lions were outclassed today. Every substitute made a difference. Lions couldn’t catch a cold under high balls.
Scrum and maul stronger.
Won so much in the ruck.

I think the springboks will smash the third test.

So glad we cancelled our trip!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
That was the most biased refereeing that I have seen.

Ben O'keefe must have had alot of brown envelopes in his dressing room after.

There is alot of inconsistencies during this lions tour and worse decisions made after this game.

I don't think we will win the next game as the french refs always have very odd views and that will play into SA's hands.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anybody really care about the British Lions ? I really don’t see the point

For players and most fans, the 4-yearly Lions' test series is second in importance to only the World Cup. And that includes the players and fans of the host country.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

There is alot of inconsistencies during this lions tour and worse decisions made after this game.

I don't think we will win the next game as the french refs always have very odd views and that will play into SA's hands.

after the first test and the Bokkies having 3 tries disallowed i really don't think moaning about the ref is appropriate......the Lions had it served up to them and they shat it , simples.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Not so sure about that. The Lions usually do well under the French refs as their interpretation of the scrum tends to favour the NH team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I guess you haven't seen much rugby. After Erasmus's outburst, I was playing close attention to the ref (I'm currently on an RFU referee course, so I have an interest). I thought he was pretty reasonable - I think Kolbe should have seen red but, on the other hand, Itoje could have been penalised for kneeling on the fella's chest - he was lucky not to be cited. No ref is going to be perfect but there have been a lot worse.

The only thing I'd quibble with is the time he took. The first half was 63 minutes long, that's a ridiculous amount of time. He made the decision not to allow Henshaw's try (quite rightly) but he didn't to look eleventeen times to check it out.

We're going to see some wholesale changes for the Lions I reckon. Liam Williams will be a shoo-in as he's brilliant under high balls (he should have been playing anyway) and I'd have Russell over Biggar as he can do the unexpected. I think Josh Adams may come back too. Looking forward to the decider - should be a cracker.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems to have worked.

TBF the Lions were outclassed today. Every substitute made a difference. Lions couldn’t catch a cold under high balls.
Scrum and maul stronger.
Won so much in the ruck.

I think the springboks will smash the third test.

So glad we cancelled our trip!

The Lions outclassed the Springboks in the 2nd half of the first test and vice-versa in the 2nd test. A lot can change in a week, and this is certainly not a formality!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here