Line of Duty

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My take, for what it’s worth.

There will be one more series. How they get the old gang back together will be interesting. Maybe a secret Home Office investigation started by the ex Crime Commissioner whose name I can’t remember, with full Police powers to go after the real heads of the OCG.
I may be clutching at straws.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Remind me/us. What was the closing line?

Some guff about what we used to have about "Honesty and integrity and accountability " ..... Don't think Johnson is going to be too worried about things like that now he's got his £800 a roll wallpaper up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mrs GB said exactly the same thing. She's not a happy camper.

I felt particularly cheated. Mrs.W had told me for ages that this last episode was going to be a 90 minutes special. She normally knows her onions.

So at say 9:50, we still felt excited about the finale to come.

The :( penny dropped when the captions appeared explaining charges being dropped etc for Terry Boyle et al.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't watch it, Mrs GCCM does and she is as disappointed as most posters here. Saw this though and thought it amusing.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-02 at 22.23.44.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hoodwinked by a buffoon. Is the message that there was no mastermind and crime can put together any H it fancies? A poor finale.

Talk that Mercurio has been very or not so gently critical of our current government, could he be warning that an incompetent buffoon can rise to the top in any part of society... even politics ? :wink:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I felt particularly cheated. Mrs.W had told me for ages that this last episode was going to be a 90 minutes special. She normally knows her onions.

So at say 9:50, we still felt excited about the finale to come.

The :( penny dropped when the captions appeared explaining charges being dropped etc for Terry Boyle et al.

Zoe Ball told me last Monday via her show that it was 90 minutes long too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Blimey - a load of wannabe writers on here who know they can do better than someone who has gripped them and the nation for 6 series. Enjoyed the finale (albeit not spectacular and certainly not the best of the series) but it's in keeping with the state of the world in that the useless bumbling one somehow finds himself in charge and any attempt at weeding out corruption has never been weaker.

Yes, that’s my take on it. I enjoyed it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mods, please move this thread to The Bear Pit.

:smile:

Poor Vegetable must look at every thread and try and squeeze some politics into it, can’t wait for the Eurovision Song Contest Official Match Thread …

I appreciate he can’t see this post though. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
as we know Mercurio was inspired to write this due to real life events, I also thought the closing line was deliberately political and pointed.

but it's in keeping with the state of the world in that the useless bumbling one somehow finds himself in charge and any attempt at weeding out corruption has never been weaker.

This is the entertainment business, I want to be entertained! The reason Hollywood always alters true stories is because real life is actually quite boring in comparison. If I wanted commentary on the ills of modern society I could just read opinion pieces from the Guardian

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports