Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
w640_614444_liam.jpg

Just got a mysterious message like Hari got!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Series 2 is coming back to me a bit more now. I seem to remember Supt Hastings was the one Keeley Hawes had been having an affair with so we were led to believe it was him who was setting her up because she was harassing him. Also DS Cottan, the third investigating officer was corrupt in some way but I can't remember why.

No. Keeley Hawes was having the affair with the assistant chief constable (Dryden?). Hastings is the Northern Irish one, the chief of the AC unit. Cottan was the guy who set up the ambush at the start of series 2.

Thought episode 1 of this series was a cracker. It looks like we're in for a bit of a treat over the next five weeks: more twists and turns than a promotion race

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No. Keeley Hawes was having the affair with the assistant chief constable (Dryden?). Hastings is the Northern Irish one, the chief of the AC unit. Cottan was the guy who set up the ambush at the start of series 2.

Thought episode 1 of this series was a cracker. It looks like we're in for a bit of a treat over the next five weeks: more twists and turns than a promotion race

Who's having an affair this series?

IMG_2720.JPG

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I knew she was having an affair with some top brass. But I'm sure Hastings has got a skeleton in his cupboard that was revealed to us. What was it?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The theme of this series just taken on a new topicality in the wake of the Charles de Menezes verdict today.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Strong Jury

The theme of this series just taken on a new topicality in the wake of the Charles de Menezes verdict today.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2008/dec/12/de-menezes-verdict

The standard of proof is that the unlawful killing must be beyond reasonable doubt. If this standard is not met, a verdict of accidental death or death by misadventure on the balance of probabilities may be returned. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_killing#cite_note-halsbury-1

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I knew she was having an affair with some top brass. But I'm sure Hastings has got a skeleton in his cupboard that was revealed to us. What was it?
He had big debts, can't remember why, maybe some investment went bad.

He didn't declare the debts so had broken the rules as they made him more vulnerable to bribery.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He had big debts, can't remember why, maybe some investment went bad.

He didn't declare the debts so had broken the rules as they made him more vulnerable to bribery.

He invested in a property deal and lost all his money. His wife also left him because of it

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Disappointing. Getting too much like Midsomer Murders.
Plot too convoluted for me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Agreed. That was a disappointing episode, nothing really seemed to move on.

Were we watching the same episode.

Keeley Hawes back from series 2 and looking likely to win her appeal.

The Caddy taking the list and running the officer via the delievered mobiles.

A hanging a head in a box.

All good stuff and already looking forward to next week.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I watched the same episode if you saw my post ???

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Toxic Environment

Still, there are no other drama series even worth watching?

Drama just gets toxic without the feeling of menace (got killed).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Disappointing and obviously unlikely Waldron would survive a shot to the head. So Waldron was going to kill Hari because he thought he was going to grass him up, and Hari shot Waldron to save himself and persuaded the other two to say nothing. The list contains the names of all those in the photograph and Cottan is the puppet master but why should Waldron address the list to Arnott and why did Cottan take it? Did it have Cottan's name on it? Did anyone spot his name on the list? Is there life after death? Ouch my head hurts.:)

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
There's obviously to me been some kind of abusing of some of the lads in the team photo by the coaches in the past.

This would explain why as one of the abused Danny was so screwed up in his adult life and sought revenge upon the two men he killed in cold blood. Also why he interfered with the second Murphy's body so horrifically, including sexually.

Not sure about all the others on the list though or why Dot is so secretive about it. Either they have pis$ed him off in some massive way or they know too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here