Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lily Allen

Lily Allen. Talented?

• Great new talent

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Making money being common, although we all know who her father is.

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sorry she is the type of person I deplore, a posh person trying to be common.

And her wailing, sorry singing, is appaling.

Your comments please.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just looks like a generic pikey slapper to me.

Can't sing either.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
AlexFrutos said:
Just looks like a generic pikey slapper to me.

Can't sing either.

What he said, but I've never heard her sing so I can't judge on that.

One of my great memories of Keith Allen was him presenting an early Channel 4 youth show, called Whatever You Want, which was very anarchic and democratic in terms of demystifying TV and encouraging wider access to it by ordinary people.

Now here we have him at the centre of some kind of luvvie celebrity dynasty - pass the sick bucket.

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Is this her:
455938239_l.jpg

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
what differance should it make weather she went to a decent school or not? although that said i think her music is ok and nothing more. i will not be rushing out to buy her music but then again it is a lot better than a lot of other crap that gets regular airplay and sucess.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I caught the end of TotP last night when I switched over to watch Top Gear. As it is I have heard the song before and frankly its a piss take, not untypical of her father. As it is there is more than a little irony about the song but when you realise that she releases an album today you have to say that the joke is on the morons that bought it !

It's dreadful !

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
bigc said:
she went to public school.

enough said.

:salute:

What does that have to do with anything? LOL

I like her, I like her brother better though. I think once this next film is out he'll get all famous and big time though.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
its awful but catchy tune but can't quite make up my mind on her though..

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
erm - being a bit behind the times can somebody give me the run down on this ladys family - who are they are why do i know them?

thanks.

btw - i like the song.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I like her. At least she's got her own sound and isn't just another wannbe diva who start's screaming down the mic at every opportunity. She can definately sing, she was perfect on Jo Whiley's live lounge. What the f*** has her sounding common got to do with anything? She's from essex FFS, they all sound like that. Also, old people aren't supposed to like pop music, so bhaexpress' reaction is to be expected.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm very impressed with her album, it's pretty funny with some nice summery tunes on it.
I don't really her as being posh at all, going to a public school makes your parents rich not you posh.
Also bigc i'm guessing by your well-reasoned argument you don't like Radiohead, Blur, the Rolling STones or The Sex pistols?

Billy the Fish said:
At least she's got her own sound and isn't just another wannbe diva who start's screaming down the mic at every opportunity. She can definately sing, she was perfect on Jo Whiley's live lounge. What the f*** has her sounding common got to do with anything? She's from essex FFS, they all sound like that. Also, old people aren't supposed to like pop music, so bhaexpress' reaction is to be expected.

Spot on. She's a little bit different which is good. Whether or not she can sing is not important as she delivers with a sort of Streets style, meaning the message is more in the lyrics than the tune.

Even less important is what she looks like (for the record I would, but then I would most women).

I really wish the vast majority of people on this site wouldn't talk about music. It hurts my eyes. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here