Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Light show at Amex tonight (light-induced epilepsy warning)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It wasn’t very good was it.

So we have blue and white smoke, flames, a giant (ish) flag and now a light show.

Personally I’d only want to see the flames again. Thought they were decent.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was on the WL concourse around 6.45pm. I heard no announcements, there were no signs. Was in my seat at 7.15pm and didn't hear any warnings. I can't deny I didn't like it though! It focuses attention, whether you want to or not you'll end up watching the screen and the replays, you'll also find yourself looking at the ad boards as they're not actually displaying ad's. Music is louder as well which was better from my 'sound' point but I know that that may mean in other stands people were deafened by it. It was something different & I can't find anything to moan about, well apart from 'Hey Jude' but you can't please everyone. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It wasn’t very good was it.

So we have blue and white smoke, flames, a giant (ish) flag and now a light show.

Personally I’d only want to see the flames again. Thought they were decent.
I was very surprised the flame things weren't there tonight - feels like they'd be a decent accompaniment to the light thing.

The lights were OK - didn't feel like there was enough dark to make the lights really stand out.

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
Afraid I wasn't impressed by the so called 'light show'. The flames were used a lot more at the England women's match and syncronised to the music. I thought that was good.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
did you get a reply re the electronic advertising as it is annoying - its one of the downsides to the 'development' of sport at the high end of the game.
Yes, they suggested that I sit in the East Stand... which I did.
In reply to someone who said “ is that the modern world’s fault” .. No. It is me being older and preferring things the way they were, but I know really that things move on nd the club wants to attract young people

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Revenge will be ours, be patient……

re the light show, someone posted earlier in the week (can’t remember where I read it) that they’d seen the flashing coming from the stadium - obviously a rehearsal.

#tinpot

You might have to get used to the idea that nobody really cares what you and the other moaners on here deem to be "tinpot"

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The worst thing is the SbtS lyrics.

Not only do we have the embarrassment and ignominy of them being shown on the screen, they REVOLVE around the electronic advertising hoardings.

WtaF?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I was too busy having a fit in my seat to enjoy them...

Glimpses of flickering light as though they were trying to put lights on and failing so then they tried the next one and the same thing happened again. Ultimately they tried hard and there was no tangible end result. It was an appertiser for the disppointing main which followed.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The club have now decided to plant pampas grass on the bank behind the East Stand. To commemorate this gesture that magnificent anthem ‘You Only Swing When You’re Winning’ will be played over the P.A. prior to kick off at all home matches. 🥰
I've always wondered about the pampas grass up our allotment site.
It's on one of the older gents plot, he's nothing to look at, but you can never tell :D

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Let's go through our warm up routine here.
2 games ago it was Fan Zone with loud singalong music we all know and many joining in culminating in the away fans singing Hey Jude for us. GOSBTS player intro shuts the away fans up but then the EPL tune blares out and it goes quiet. Team anouncement and then we play Hey Jude again for the away fans.
Forest we turn the lights out during Fan Zone and it goes very quiet. Luckily we play Hey Jude for the away fans to sing and GOSBTS for the players.
When will the PA team learn Ring of Fire gets the crowd going just before the whistle goes and the away fans out sing Hey Jude?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It was fine. Not the worst, not the best. Some of it was quite good, some of it was rubbish. The club are only going to figure out what works by trying different things. Although it does say something that my favourite part was probably the lights going out with just the blue background on the electronic hoardings, that felt like the start of a build to something to me.

I do agree with @Official Old Man that Ring of Fire needs to be used though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here