Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Light show at Amex tonight (light-induced epilepsy warning)

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Would it make me really pedantic to say that it's called Photosensitive Epilepsy. :blush: Hopefully they have done the sensible thing and put signs on the turnstiles because the pa is sometimes a bit rubbish, A4 sheets of paper are better than nothing or they may have a couple of miffed fans! I only bought tickets 40 mins ago and there was no mention of it. Anyway thanks op for mentioning it. Bah humbug to those of you saying it's 'tin pot' or whatever. I thought it looked good at Brentford the other day! :)

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Genuinely mystified why people are so against this? As someone who works a lot with lasers and theatrical lighting, the effects they can do these days are so cool and will be interested to see what is used. I really hope it is well received.

I'm guessing the people moaning don't see football as any kind of form of entertainment and should just be 22 men on a pitch playing the match and that's it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Genuinely mystified why people are so against this? As someone who works a lot with lasers and theatrical lighting, the effects they can do these days are so cool and will be interested to see what is used. I really hope it is well received.

I'm guessing the people moaning don't see football as any kind of form of entertainment and should just be 22 men on a pitch playing the match and that's it.

It’s a football match not a Robbie Williams concert 😆

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It’s a football match not a Robbie Williams concert 😆
1666110702622.png

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
This sounds horrible !
As an epileptic, I already complained when the electric advertising boards came in. They were definitely upsetting to me. After that I relocated to the East Stand because there was not one opposite. Don’t they want fans in their seats early?
O K , I know that I cannot be there anyway, age ,and infirmity prevents my attendance.
To be honest , there are several things that would make it difficult, a cashless stadium, an electronic ticket in your phone, and now this!
I say bring back the marching bands we had at the Goldstone….. I feel the. modern world has left me behind

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So…we finally get to kick off after dark…and they’ve ditched the fireworks?

el punal

Hope more relaxed individuals don’t take this the wrong way and throw their keys into the stadium bowl otherwise bottle tops will never ever return to the agenda
The club have now decided to plant pampas grass on the bank behind the East Stand. To commemorate this gesture that magnificent anthem ‘You Only Swing When You’re Winning’ will be played over the P.A. prior to kick off at all home matches. 🥰

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The fact that we now have a stadium bowl must mean an improvement on the food and drink, I’m expecting nacho towers and chilli dogs from this point onwards

Oh and the half time show will be interesting

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Looked very naff and without colour even more so. Went on far too long. Doubt we ever see it again. Also given some people will be in concourse do we wanna create a rush 4 min before ko?

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This sounds horrible !
As an epileptic, I already complained when the electric advertising boards came in. They were definitely upsetting to me. After that I relocated to the East Stand because there was not one opposite. Don’t they want fans in their seats early?
O K , I know that I cannot be there anyway, age ,and infirmity prevents my attendance.
To be honest , there are several things that would make it difficult, a cashless stadium, an electronic ticket in your phone, and now this!
I say bring back the marching bands we had at the Goldstone….. I feel the. modern world has left me behind
Is that the modern worlds fault?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
And I assume the South Downs National Park will take a dim view (!) of this given its Dark Skies policy. I saw a document the other day suggesting that the Albion are going to be approached about light pollution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here