Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life is pants!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
DTES said:
I have to agree. I'm an atheist, and I've been known to suffer low moods before, but I don't go through life looking at it like that.

So if you're an athiest tell me whats the point in life?

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Safeway said:
Woah woah WOAH!! Joking aside, you don't SERIOUSLY think like that, do you?

Surely if that's your attitude then in your mind you're serving no purpose in this life?

What purpose are you serving? Just out of interest.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
What purpose are you serving? Just out of interest.
:lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm an Aethiest (sp?) I have have no f***ing idea what the point of life is all about :D

All I know is that I like to keep happy and enjoy life as much as possible, whether thats following the Albion, listening to music, going to punk gigs, going snowboarding, boozing down the pub.....whatever! As long as I'm happy then i'm alright with my place on this Earth.

CrabtreeBHA said:
All I know is that I like to keep happy and enjoy life as much as possible, whether thats following the Albion, listening to music, going to punk gigs, going snowboarding, boozing down the pub.....whatever! As long as I'm happy then i'm alright with my place on this Earth.

Bang on mate. None of us know why we're here, so what's the point in trying to figure it out? By doing that you'll just waste what time you have got when you could be out doing much more fun things.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:
Woah woah WOAH!! Joking aside, you don't SERIOUSLY think like that, do you?

Surely if that's your attitude then in your mind you're serving no purpose in this life?

Reckon you might need a chat with these lot.

See there you go again thinking someone else can solve the problems you or anyone else has.

There is no point to life, we come from nowhere and we go to nowhere via nothing important except too our deluded minds.

We claim intelligence but have to make things up for us to make ourselves feel good about why we are here.

I have never said I don't enjoy myself I do and winding up pompous idiots is one way I derive great enjoyment, what I said was life is pointless. Why strive to own anything when in the end its not truly yours. Why spend all your time trying to please others for what they will give you? When you reach that level of understanding life becomes a doodle, its just a question of can you understand it and put up with it. Some people, often of a privilege (IE they fit in with the way society wants them to be) are happy not understanding the pointlessness of their existence.

Everyone else seems too think that because I hold a view that life is pointless I must be unhappy, I am not unhappy as such, just realistic about why I think life, in general is a piece of shit, when you look at it! (apols to Monty P there). What it does mean is I am not motivated by money, I am not motivated by what others think of me, in the end neither matter, except to others.

I remind everyone I have nether been indoctrinated by education or religion to know my place. I question everything I see and I trust in no one or anything.

Tell me if Prescott says no, Is that because its what we made of life, or is it because some over blown fat twat got in our way? Or is it because people who have what they want, don't want us to have what we need?

He won't say no BTW too much self preservation in there for him to do so.

True atheism BTW is not the belief in a higher power or not, it is an acceptance that there is nothing, no before, no after this is it, but is what you have what you want?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Something that made me think once....

Someone conducted a survey on a load of pensioners in their 70s and 80s, and asked them what the biggest regret about their lives was.

Almost all of them answered that they wished they'd done more with their lives when they were younger, that they'd taken more chances, gone for their dreams etc, and that they wished they hadn't spent so much time worrying or getting upset about things they had no control over.

Everyone worries or stresses about things they really can't control- like you sit in a traffic jam in the morning swearing at other cars cutting you up and so on, but the fact is that you can't do anything about these people, so is it worth getting upset about? We moan about our jobs- me included- but we all have the ability to get up and get a new job, so it's probably a bit of a waste complaining in the meantime.

I can't say I absolutely 100% live by these principles, but I do try, and it does sometimes help. Could still do with taking a few more chances though, and doing what I really want with life rather than worrying about what other people think!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Exactly Edna, I've said since I was a teenager that I dont wanna be sitting in a rocking chair later in life saying "damn...wish I'd gone snowboarding when I had the chance" well I took the chance and have a special sport to look forward too each time the winter sets in.

I was thinking this morning how much debt I'm in and how I should really not go out as much...then 30mins later I'm buying a ticket for another punk gig and checking out prices of the mini-ipod! No point in letting life get you down...get up on it and fast!

marvin said:
See there you go again thinking someone else can solve the problems you or anyone else has.

There is no point to life, we come from nowhere and we go to nowhere via nothing important except too our deluded minds.

We claim intelligence but have to make things up for us to make ourselves feel good about why we are here.

I have never said I don't enjoy myself I do and winding up pompous idiots is one way I derive great enjoyment, what I said was life is pointless. Why strive to own anything when in the end its not truly yours. Why spend all your time trying to please others for what they will give you? When you reach that level of understanding life becomes a doodle, its just a question of can you understand it and put up with it. Some people, often of a privilege (IE they fit in with the way society wants them to be) are happy not understanding the pointlessness of their existence.

Everyone else seems too think that because I hold a view that life is pointless I must be unhappy, I am not unhappy as such, just realistic about why I think life, in general is a piece of shit, when you look at it! (apols to Monty P there). What it does mean is I am not motivated by money, I am not motivated by what others think of me, in the end neither matter, except to others.

I remind everyone I have nether been indoctrinated by education or religion to know my place. I question everything I see and I trust in no one or anything.

Tell me if Prescott says no, Is that because its what we made of life, or is it because some over blown fat twat got in our way? Or is it because people who have what they want, don't want us to have what we need?

He won't say no BTW too much self preservation in there for him to do so.

True atheism BTW is not the belief in a higher power or not, it is an acceptance that there is nothing, no before, no after this is it, but is what you have what you want?

Good post, honestly. :clap:

Can't say I agree with all (or most) of it, but it is an interesting insight.

Personally, as stated above, I think we shouldn't waste too much time asking 'why?' and get on and try to make the best of what we have. We may have been born with nothing and we may die with nothing, but nowhere does it say you can't have a bloody good laugh in between.

Tell me one thing though. When you're watching Albion, do you get worked up, celebrating when we score and shouting when the ref gives a dodgy decision? Because surely if everything means nothing and we can't change things what is the point of feeling emotions during a match? In fact, what is the point of following The Albion at all?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Safeway said:

Tell me one thing though. When you're watching Albion, do you get worked up, celebrating when we score and shouting when the ref gives a dodgy decision? Because surely if everything means nothing and we can't change things what is the point of feeling emotions during a match? In fact, what is the point of following The Albion at all?

Because its not about the football, its more about tribalism (well it is for me) football is just what happens to be at the centre of that tribalism.

I have very little interest in football anymore, that was taken away by the greedy and held to ransom for jewels, more jewels than they will ever be able to spend in a lifetime on things they do not need.

They want the jewels as it makes them look or feel more powerful than those who don't have those jewels. They live in bigger houses than they need, they drive cars bigger than they require.

If you have ever thought life is fair think on the fact that Noel Edmonds is a millionaire.

We all enjoy life in different ways, some by getting blotto and making a fool of themselves. I don't drink.

Some by chasing the opposite sex as that way leads to happiness they are told, I don't and won't for that way does not lead too happiness for me.

Some try both, then maybe you may find happiness if blotto all the time.

Yes I get worked up, but not when I am on my own, its something that only happens when I commune with my tribe, when collectively we think the ref is a wanker and as blind as a bat as he did not see what we collectively saw. When he has stood in the way of what we want a goal, a win, a chance to be more powerful than any other team.

T.J.

Feb 11, 2004
bevendean
Yorkie said:

Plenty more fish in the sea
Like Yorkie said there are plenty more fish in the sea,she obviously wasn't the right one for you.One day you'll look back and see that. :wave:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reading all this makes me feel quite cheerful :lolol: :lolol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Safeway said:
Bang on mate. None of us know why we're here, so what's the point in trying to figure it out? By doing that you'll just waste what time you have got when you could be out doing much more fun things.
I know why im here:drink:
I was born to have fun etc etc etc etc etc and take a bit of misery,but thats about it.

We are here to do as we wish:lolol:

Christ that marvin needs shooting:shootself

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I don't regret anything in my life, but I do wish I had done some things very differently ... it seems every decision we make has a harvest.
A few years ago I revelled that my life was a roller-coaster but now in middle age and earning less than I was 10 years ago, with two kids I never see, one 19 year old I have only just been reconciled with after 18 years and two ex-wives who have between them spent 21 years making my life hell .... I just wonder what the hell it is all about ....
Then I go to Grimsby for psychiatric help by watching my beloved Albion, get soaked to the skin and frozen to the bone, spend over £100 and watch them humliated by a bunch of tossers and I felt like giving up .....
But then there's my nymphomaniac third wife, a new bottle of malt and 16 bottles of wine in the rack, three good mates and a stack of CDs I have even listened to yet and hey .... life ain't so bad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here