Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life is pants!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Famous Grouse said:
:lolol: :lol: :lolol: Biggest bullshit ever, very funny to list to, here is a quick quote "your breathing fills your chest with relaxation"
:lolol: :lolol: What the f**k how that can ever be called realxing I will never know, I'm still laughing:lolol:

The worst thing is that when I listened to it I was thinking "what a load of american shite (even though they've got an english bird to narrate)" but when I looked at the website they'tr actually based in Church Rd, Hove!!!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Life is brilliant. When it's over I want to come back and do it all again.

There's always SOMETHING you enjoy that makes life worth living - beer, friends, walks in the park or whatever. So long as you don't stress too much about the bad bits. Often you can't do anything about them anyway, so what's the point?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
What a load of wank!
Bird problems is what growing up is all about. Yorkie (for once:p ) is reigt about other things going wrong. The only way I look upon it all is that everything happens for a reason and its how you deal with each issue defines you as a person.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Lush said:

There's always SOMETHING you enjoy that makes life worth living - beer, friends, walks in the park or whatever. So long as you don't stress too much about the bad bits. Often you can't do anything about them anyway, so what's the point?

Totally Agree.

The only improvement would be to have more time to fit it all into.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I need/want a girlfriend
Falmer issue is dragging me down, if goes the wrong way I will be amazingly upset & angry, if it goes the right way then life will be fantastic!

The way I cheer myself up is to listen to my fave music and hang about with mates and mainly...and this one works...having a laugh! I'm generally a happy guy and always like a laugh/giggle/joke here and there, helps brighten the day.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Life is very good for me at the moment - but even when it wasn't, I certainly wouldn't have discussed the finer points of the situation on here. All a bit self-indulgent, the 'Trisha' culture gone mad. It might be very important and very sad, but this just isn't the right place to air something of real personal importance. That's what real friends and family are for.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tooting Gull said:
Life is very good for me at the moment - but even when it wasn't, I certainly wouldn't have discussed the finer points of the situation on here. All a bit self-indulgent, the 'Trisha' culture gone mad. It might be very important and very sad, but this just isn't the right place to air something of real personal importance. That's what real friends and family are for.

Excuse my self indulgence earlier in this thread but I was trying to get Brighton Boy to realise that a bit of girlfriend trouble doesn't make life pants or even slightly unbearable.

Life can and frequently does get very painful but as Lush says there is always something to cheer you up.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
We all have times in our life where you hit rock bottom and it seems that you will never get back to a relatively normal happy life. My worst years were 96/97 which also was the Albions!! The fact they survived was the only good thing that year. It has been tough and it has not been easy. I'm only just now in the past couple of years got my act together what has helped is my friends in my life, my love of footy and the Albion. I have met some amazing people and have made some great footy buddies. It does get better Brighton Boy and once you are through it you come out the other side a stronger person.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Everyone's been there, and to be honest, a lot will be again.

The time when it's a real problem is when it starts to affect everything else, like work. It's happened to me, when you just cannot concentrate on any work, and get left a long way behind, and miss deadlines. Then it's not good.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
dont worry brighton boy, life's too short. rather than looking at how bad you're feeling now, look at all the good stuff. it'll sort itself out i promise :)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lush said:

I'll third that. And without going all psychobabble, everything that happens to you has some purpose. Even if that purpose is to learn to cope with or perhaps avoid similar depressing stuff in future. The very unpredictability of life is what makes it exciting - provided you don't let situations drag you down so far that you can't concentrate on anything else.

I'm not facing the best thing that's ever happened to me at the moment but I'm concentrating on the sheer absurdity of the situation. As well as dealing with whatever comes up as it comes up. This helps get things into perspective and prevents any wallowing in despair. Not that I've really got the time for a good wallow at the moment, mind!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
been there ,done that dec2002-may 2003 , it will sort it self out i promise

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
i was like this a few years ago. i booked a flight to SE asia on me bod. sorted me right out.

England is a depressing shithole - its the environment that creates these bad situations.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Lifes a bitch - Then you die

GET OVER IT

Sorry to sound heartless but worse things have and will happen. Pretty soon she will be the least of your worrys

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Re: Re: Re: Re: Life is pants!

Trigger said:
Does she work in Sport Soccer? Could have sworn i saw her in there Saturday morning...

Any chance it was the real "cheerful" one (not) that served me when I was in Brighton a weeks ago. :nono: :nono: :nono:

I've suffered from depression in the past and soon learnt that the only person who could get me out of it was me. Friends and family can help, but only to a point. As Trotster says, it sounds heartless but you just have to get on with things. Feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere and only piss off the people closest to you.

If something's getting you down, do something about it. If it's a bird, forget about her and find another one. If something's getting you down, cut it oput your life. There are plenty of ways to combat unhappiness by getting pro-active. You'll feel much better for it.

And if all else fails, have a wank. :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Safeway said:
I've suffered from depression in the past and soon learnt that the only person who could get me out of it was me. Friends and family can help, but only to a point. As Trotster says, it sounds heartless but you just have to get on with things. Feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere and only piss off the people closest to you.

If something's getting you down, do something about it. If it's a bird, forget about her and find another one. If something's getting you down, cut it oput your life. There are plenty of ways to combat unhappiness by getting pro-active. You'll feel much better for it.

two great posts in a day:clap2:

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Safeway said:

You've never really suffered from depression have you? I've hit a point when I actually really didn't want a wank. At all. Imagine that Steve...

Originally posted by Safeway
Feeling sorry for yourself will get you nowhere and only piss off the people closest to you.

This, however, is completely true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here