Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Life in Seaford.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
A nice stroll(yomp) along the shingle to Tide Mills on a balmy evening is worth the coronary, as is sitting, staring out to sea and pondering the vastness of the universe.....not too close though, when that fast cat used to come in, it caught out many a beach goer. As an angler, I've rescued quite a few beach towels. Quite funny to watch, as no one died

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From that silly article, I love this.

View attachment 178162
Cuckmere haven. God's own county. And that house is featured in a moneysupermarket ad, the ones fronted by 'M', where the female driver does a skid stop.

There's a shot of cuckmere haven which was one of microsoft's standard backgrounds on their very early releases of Windows for the European market :thumbsup:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
We used to go to that beach about thirty years ago. Lovely, completely deserted whilst all the DFLs packed the beach between the piers :thumbsup:
The beach became quite busy during Covid, with people unable to travel abroad, and many of them still come back in the summer months, in numbers we didn't really see pre-2020.

It's OK because it's a long beach and there's more than enough room for everyone, and there's just about enough parking. But we definitely need more bins ... after a hot weekend or bank holiday, the prom can look pretty rubbish-strewn.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
I moved here in February 2022 from Brighton and Mrs Swim and I are extremely happy here.
Sea temp is always slightly colder than Brighton or Eastbourne probably due to the depth
Free parking most places and a great little hooligan firm 😉

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I moved here in February 2022 from Brighton and Mrs Swim and I are extremely happy here.
Sea temp is always slightly colder than Brighton or Eastbourne probably due to the depth
Free parking most places and a great little hooligan firm 😉
There’s another reason and it’s not just the depth of water 👃💩💩

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Depends on your handicap. For hackers like me Seaford Head was a pleasure, Blatchington a struggle. Oh and the drive from the Head's 18th Tee is the best shot in golf. Glorious....
True.

being a single hc I prefer blatch as more a challenge,

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
The beach became quite busy during Covid, with people unable to travel abroad, and many of them still come back in the summer months, in numbers we didn't really see pre-2020.

It's OK because it's a long beach and there's more than enough room for everyone, and there's just about enough parking. But we definitely need more bins ... after a hot weekend or bank holiday, the prom can look pretty rubbish-strewn.
Agreed, the secret of Seaford was found out in the Covid years...

Nice small shingle "comfortable" beach with good deep water swimming.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's all in his diaries and collected letters:

Wednesday 7th February 1867
Rose early; breakfasted on coddled eggs then tarried west, up, down and along the coastal path to the village of Newhaven, to verily purchase therein fresh supplies of smoke'd mackerel and crab smut. Imagine, dear reader, your favourite author's dark sense of disappointment and bad humour to discover upon my arrival that not one single or solitary mongery engaged in the provision of seafood remained open to the casual caller. I sense I shall not misemploy my valued time to visit again.

Went home and had a wank.
Dickens ? Sure that’s not @Herr Tubthumper ? :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The beach does get rammed on bank holidays and balmy summer days, lots of out of towners/London types, who are probably fed up trying to get space on Brighton beach.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I remember quite a few years back, it was said the residents would get quite uppity if you pronounced the town Seaferd instead of SeaFord.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I remember quite a few years back, it was said the residents would get quite uppity if you pronounced the town Seaferd instead of SeaFord.
Not the only place like that. Pevensey and Westham near me. 99% of the population pronounce the latter name precisely as per the east end football club. However, the locals insists it's pronounced 'westum'. Nearby Herstmonceaux everyone says ' Herstmon zoo ' but the snooty residents insist it's ' Herst mon zow' .

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
The beach is very steep, due to the annual shovelling of the shingle. It is covering the rock armour which is reducing storm risks from the North Atlantic. Next stop Bermuda. The local wavebuoy is here. Note, I wrote 'reducing'. Buying on the Seafront or one of the lower-lying floodplains (behind the shingle spit running from Tide Mills) is a bit risky in my view.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Now semi retired like her indoors and although still planning to live in the north Staffordshire area along with other members of our we are looking at a two bed property on the coast. Only been to Seaford a few times unlike Btn, Eastbourne, Lewes etc. So basically what is life like in Seaford ?
I'm surprised you've not listed Newhaven.
It's been an up and coming town recently, since its regeneration from a shit hole to one of what has been described as Sussex's best boutique seaside venues.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm surprised you've not listed Newhaven.
It's been an up and coming town recently, since its regeneration from a shit hole to one of what has been described as Sussex's best boutique seaside venues.
Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

Now semi retired like her indoors and although still planning to live in the north Staffordshire area along with other members of our we are looking at a two bed property on the coast. Only been to Seaford a few times unlike Btn, Eastbourne, Lewes etc. So basically what is life like in Seaford ?

Attachments

• IMG-20230201-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230201-WA0002.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 20

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here