[Albion] Liam Rosenior

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know what you mean...but it could (have) be a disaster. Remember...Bruno was the captain when we were streets ahead of Newcastle and already qualified for promotion...but we threw away the Championship title in the final 3 games. To me, Hughton and Bruno lost a bit of cred for that. (I know, just grumpy in my old age).

Not sure it was just them 😃. Think our current captain was not as professional as he could have been, Norwich away he looked terrible.

Like yourself, as a long time Brighton fan, not winning the old league championship trophy is one of my biggest disappointments.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Not sure it was just them 😃. Think our current captain was as professional as he could have been, Norwich away he looked terrible.

Like yourself, as a long time Brighton fan, not winning the old league championship trophy is one of my biggest disappointments.

Well yes, you are right...the whole team lost some cred for not winning that title! A shame, after such a storming season.
I guess I can see Bruno as a support coach (as he is now...and nothing wrong with that) but I find it harder to see him as a number one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure it was just them 😃. Think our current captain was not as professional as he could have been, Norwich away he looked terrible.

We'll get another chance.................................

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interestingly they proved on TS managers with connections to a club in the PL haven’t been at all successful bar Mourhino’s second spell at Chelsea.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But will he want to stay on as just a coach when he was the boss up until earlier today (in an interim capacity). He might not want to work somewhere where they’ve decided he’s not what they are looking for.

I'm not so sure that he will have any choice, l think any management aspirations he may have will have to be put on ice for sometime having just lost his job as interim at Derby.

Back to coaching somewhere l would think, and whether he would be prepared to continue in that role with the club who has just sacked him as boss, goodness only knows.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm not so sure that he will have any choice, l think any management aspirations he may have will have to be put on ice for sometime having just lost his job as interim at Derby.

Back to coaching somewhere l would think, and whether he would be prepared to continue in that role with the club who has just sacked him as boss, goodness only knows.

Always going to be a tough gig. Derby really need to get promoted straight back up. Only having the job as an ‘interim’ and still no change by end September isn’t a great sign of confidence and no doubt he’s been offered the coaching role still to avoid compensation of sacking him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Always going to be a tough gig. Derby really need to get promoted straight back up. Only having the job as an ‘interim’ and still no change by end September isn’t a great sign of confidence and no doubt he’s been offered the coaching role still to avoid compensation of sacking him.

Indeed.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Crofts isn't back yet. PB described him as 'stepped up to a role between the U23s and the first team with Adam Lallana and Shannon Ruth to support the new manager and his team'.

I wasn’t giving an ‘opinion’ …and of course there’s a hand over and a transitional process in play presently, but the point I’m making is that Crofts remains U23 coach and he’s not being replaced. Gary Dicker has been temporarily covering for Crofts as Crofts was temporarily covering for ‘Zerbi.’

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Strange decision. Derby have had an OK start

'OK', just about - Personally, I am a bit surprised, I thought Clowes would be a bit more relaxed but while we've had some great halves of football and sometimes you fell like we're going to hammer someone we still lack penetration and are a little brittle - You certainly wouldn't describe Derby as nard working non-stop kind of team right now. LR has certainly not been without criticism but I was definitely a supporter.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Especially after the manner we lost that leg in and how amazing our fans were.

I was there and it was incredible (except the coach journey home after).

I’ve said it before, but I’ve never felt so helpless as a fan as I did that night. Everything dropped Wednesday’s way, their support was incredible and even the phone lights looked immense. I just stood there, feeling hollow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports