Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosenior

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
[MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] From a fan point of view, is this understandable given the finances? Or do you think that Derby fans could have been lumbered with yet another idiot owner?

Clowes is a very different character from Mel Morris, I think he's only spoken once to Rams TV thus far, he certainly is seeking the limelight so I don't know of any Rams fan who has any concern over him at this point. It's significant to note that Rosenior was only ever interim boss and the fact the the Warne deal has been done so quickly suggests that, for once, there was some planning involved! I think LR's personality was a great fit for Derby at this time but it's difficult to argue that his footballing philosophy was so well aligned with where we are. It was being quite regularly pointed out that Derby were getting quite easy to stifle, the low block (as they say) was very effective and LR was not quick to respond. As I've said elsewhere, I was (am) a fan of LR and happy (ish) to be patient but I do understand why they've gone in a new direction. The summer recruitment was fantastic so it will be interesting to see where Warne takes us.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
So if they think that Liam Rosenior isn't a big enough name in management and that Paul Warne IS, then they may be sadly mistaken.

Yes ok so the latter does have more managerial experience, but where? Rotherham United where he has led them to three promotions, but three relegations too.

If l was a Derby County fan l would be seriously underwehemed.
I guess they are gambling on him to get them out of league 1. Liam would probably be better with a club who don’t think they are massive and is given time.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A great shame for LR who was doing okay at Derby and had done a brilliant job under trying circumstances.
From a distance is seems unfair that the new owner should have given him more time but I have not watched their games, so can’t really comment.
Warne would seem a good appointment as he knows how to get out of L1 but it would always be a struggle to keep Rotherham up on gates of 10k in a stadium of 12K. I’ve not read that Rotherham have a particularly rich owner ready to bank roll championship stability so you can understand why Warne, after 6 years in post, might fancy a change and a chance at a much bigger club.

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
Clowes is a very different character from Mel Morris, I think he's only spoken once to Rams TV thus far, he certainly is seeking the limelight so I don't know of any Rams fan who has any concern over him at this point. It's significant to note that Rosenior was only ever interim boss and the fact the the Warne deal has been done so quickly suggests that, for once, there was some planning involved! I think LR's personality was a great fit for Derby at this time but it's difficult to argue that his footballing philosophy was so well aligned with where we are. It was being quite regularly pointed out that Derby were getting quite easy to stifle, the low block (as they say) was very effective and LR was not quick to respond. As I've said elsewhere, I was (am) a fan of LR and happy (ish) to be patient but I do understand why they've gone in a new direction. The summer recruitment was fantastic so it will be interesting to see where Warne takes us.

enjoyed warne on the podcast moment of truth. came across v well ..... assume our ritchie barker will go with him?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
enjoyed warne on the podcast moment of truth. came across v well ..... assume our ritchie barker will go with him?

Barker has indeed been announced as the new assistant manager at Derby. Looks like Warne did a bit of a Potter and took two others with him too.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I always thought it was a good thing they left with Potter, gives RDZ a completely fresh start with his people of choice and not forced to take on Bruno from the old regime.

I think you may be right. I'm all for "continuity candidates" as a concept, but this is also part of the reason why I'm not that sore about Bruno and Roberts going to Chelsea. Who's to say De Zerbi doesn't come in and sack them both anyway? Who knows?

Whatever happens, the new coach will have a completely clean slate on which to build his coaching team

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Barker has indeed been announced as the new assistant manager at Derby. Looks like Warne did a bit of a Potter and took two others with him too.

Substitute 'Potter' for 'pretty much ever manager in football' and you're still spot on...

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It’s not true re Liam and Crofts is back to the U23’s

Crofts isn't back yet. PB described him as 'stepped up to a role between the U23s and the first team with Adam Lallana and Shannon Ruth to support the new manager and his team'.

I wasn’t giving an ‘opinion’ …and of course there’s a hand over and a transitional process in play presently, but the point I’m making is that Crofts remains U23 coach and he’s not being replaced. Gary Dicker has been temporarily covering for Crofts as Crofts was temporarily covering for ‘Zerbi.’

Not any more they aren't. Crofts confirmed as the new first team coach, Shannon Ruth takes over the U21s and Gary Dicker moves up as his assistant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuinely annoyed to see a lovely feller like The Bear at that shower of shit. Nearly as bad as seeing Bruno on the staff at Chelsea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Liam is on Talksport now. Says he now see's himself as a number 1. Definitely wont be joining our coaching set up then. Interested to see where he ends up.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Liam is on Talksport now. Says he now see's himself as a number 1. Definitely wont be joining our coaching set up then. Interested to see where he ends up.

Maybe if the women's team have a bad start to the season, he'll be sounded out to replace HP?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Sacking season will truly be underway next month, so jobs will come up.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility he decides to take a job with us in the meantime though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Left Derby after 12 games in charge with a better win percentage and points per game than any manager they've had in pretty much their whole existence. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Derby_County_F.C._managers

After only two months working with a brand new squad he had Derby second on Xg and fourth on Xga: https://footystats.org/england/efl-league-one/xg

He was only appointed as interrim and you do have to wonder what kind of record he would have had to have to be offered the job. I get the impression that he's been chucked because of the old trope that 'You can't play possession football in League One'. Well Gus Poyet did and we won the League, playing some of the best football the division has seen. However, after 9 league games in charge, Poyet had lost 5 and had accumulated 4 less points than Rosenior has. When a club with more patience and long term strategic thinking gives him the chance he deserves, Derby fans may be looking back and wondering what might have been.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sacking season will truly be underway next month, so jobs will come up.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility he decides to take a job with us in the meantime though.

Hmmm if he is looking to be numero uno somewhere he will probably have to start pretty low down the league though. Remember he has just been relieved of his duties at a League One club.

As for returning to the Albion, why would he want to? Moreover would the De Zerbi regime even want him?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure it's been said 100 times by others, but would love him involved with the club again in some capacity in the future.

Will always remember him for that "chin up" signal to the fans with the blood on his shirt. Iconic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here